Seems to now be the Harbaugh / Schwartz thread

Simon

it was quite funny, Harbaugh appeared to have screamed after he shook hands with Schwartz. Schwartz said something, ran after Harbaugh and bumped him. They had to be separated - looked like a SF player (Anthiny Davis, maybe?) grabbed Schwartz

Could Harbaugh's backslap fairly be attributed to jubilation over winning?

Or was it a bit of a punk move?

I think it was definitely both. He was obviously pumped about the victory, but you've got to take it down a notch when shaking hands with the opposing coach. Harbaugh was basically screaming "YEAH, we just beat you!" Not very classy.

I think it was definitely both. He was obviously pumped about the victory, but you've got to take it down a notch when shaking hands with the opposing coach. Harbaugh was basically screaming "YEAH, we just beat you!" Not very classy.

It's in a grey area but I agree with you.

You have to act appropriately to every situation in life… especially a coach's handshake.

Schwartz has been acting like a bit of an asshat at the end of wins this year; I wonder if Harbaugh was kind of mocking him and Schwartz didn't care for his own medicine.

Hey Jim, if you don't like it, don't do it.

Wow. Both those guys were wrong. Harbaugh...shake his hand, congratulate him for a hard-fought battle...and go into the locker room.

Schwartz, dont chase him down and start a brawl. Walk back to your locker room, hold your head up in knowing you are a better man than he is.

Ugly event for both coaches.

Schwartz has been acting like a bit of an asshat at the end of wins this year; I wonder if Harbaugh was kind of mocking him and Schwartz didn't care for his own medicine.

Hey Jim, if you don't like it, don't do it.

You know, that's true too now that you mention it.

He's a bit too smiley and full of himself.

Like I said earlier it's a bit of a grey area… maybe this was Schwartz' karma?

Surprised by folks blaming Harbaugh.

Schwartz has been acting like a screaming doucherocket at the end of games all year.

Harbaugh shows a little fire and suddenly Schwarz can't take his own medicine and needs to chase him down the field while Harbaugh is trying to walk away from it?

Schwartz looked like a much bigger * as far as I'm concerned

it wasn't even some dramatic ending to the game. it was 4th and a mile, and the lions fumbled a hook and ladder. He almost unnaturally got himself overexcited.

He was mocking Schwartz who's been acting like that all year.

And lil Schwartzy couldn't handle it.

Harbaugh is an azz.

This will not be the only time this happens.

I agree. It has been obvious for a long time that Harbaugh is a douche. He might end up the heir to Belicheat. He is that douchey.

Schwartz has been acting like a screaming doucherocket at the end of games all year.

Harbaugh shows a little fire and suddenly Schwarz can't take his own medicine and needs to chase him down the field while Harbaugh is trying to walk away from it?

Because Harbaugh has a history of being a dick. That's why.

Because Harbaugh has a history of being a dick. That's why.

So does Schwartz. And he was the one chasing Harbaugh across the field.

Don't care either way, just kind of surprised that Schwartz seems to be getting a free pass by many

What's your deal?

I liked it when Carroll was on the losing end.

So does Schwartz. And he was the one chasing Harbaugh across the field.

Don't care either way, just kind of surprised that Schwartz seems to be getting a free pass by many

Schwartz should have handled it better. But it never would have happened if Harbaugh showed just a little class.

Probably because Harbaugh's got a bit of history acting like an a-hole (similar run in with Lane Kiffin after Stanford beat USC, breaking his hand on Jim Kelly's face back in '97, etc.)

The copyright fascists got a hold of it.

Isn't this fair use?

Bastages!

Basically, Harbaugh pulled the ol' "Lift Up My Shirt In Exultant Victory And Exuberantly Slap Five With My Opponent." Schwartz wasn't feeling it.

Managed to find a piece of the aftermath on a 49ers site...

Video: Harbaugh celebration ticks off Lions coach

This is the NFL, not college. If Harbaugh keeps it up, it won't be long before someone puts him on the mat. I still remember what Matt Millen did to Patriots GM Pat Sullivan back in '85 for acting like a jerk.

post-2970-058813000 1318804444_thumb.jpg

In Harbaugh's post-game interview it almost seemed like an insult when he took the blame by saying he shook hands too hard. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

No, you're not. It just confirms what he is like. It's plain to hear, "I'm a Douche!". He is the next Belicheat.

Bastages!

Basically, Harbaugh pulled the ol' "Lift Up My Shirt In Exultant Victory And Exuberantly Slap Five With My Opponent." Schwartz wasn't feeling it.

Managed to find a piece of the aftermath on a 49ers site...

Video: Harbaugh celebration ticks off Lions coach

This is the NFL, not college. If Harbaugh keeps it up, it won't be long before someone puts him on the mat. I still remember what Matt Millen did to Patriots GM Pat Sullivan back in '85 for acting like a jerk.

Wow, I never liked Matt Millen, but that's GREAT! What a photo too, like perfect angle and timing! If it wasn't an infamous event, that should be in Canton!

In Harbaugh's post-game interview it almost seemed like an insult when he took the blame by saying he shook hands too hard. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

Apparently there was an extra-hard handshake which, of course on TV we couldn't detect but I did see the very gusto-esque back slap.

Schwartz also mentioned something about profanity.

I feel the same way I felt about McDaniels-Belichick and Harbaugh-Carroll… these guys deserve each other.