Gone have to start taking shots down field

Passes complete over 20 yards have been dropping more and more since the start of the season, 3 step drop get the ball out quick has been very effective for us, however teams are starting to press and blitz more....Thank goodness for the little dump off passes to Fred that have picked up huge yards at times. However, we gonna have to at the least start scarying teams with the deep ball.

Edited by EldaBillsFan

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Passes complete over 20 yeards have been dropping more and more since the start of the season, 3 step drop get the ball out quick has been very effective for us, however teams are starting to press and blitz more....Thank goodness for the little dump off pass Fred that have picked up huge yards at time. However, we gonna have to at the least start scarying teams with the deep ball.

Shart??? :unsure:

Passes complete over 20 yeards have been dropping more and more since the start of the season, 3 step drop get the ball out quick has been very effective for us, however teams are starting to press and blitz more....Thank goodness for the little dump off pass Fred that have picked up huge yards at time. However, we gonna have to at the least start scarying teams with the deep ball.

Question: Is there football on your planet?

Stat I heard yesterday: We are 0/8 in passes over 20 yards over the past 2 games. That needs to be fixed immediately. (And no, I dont think Evans would be helping this)

Yep, becoming very noticable. Fitzpatrick's been off downfield the last two games.

Sharting and dumping....too much toilet humor for one thread.

I was assuming last week had a lot to do with the matchup against the "dream team" CB's, and the opportunities up the middle the Eagles extensive use of the "Wide 9" defense was creating.

Against the Giants' mediocre (or worse) secondary I expect we'll see more passes downfield.

Edited by BobChalmers

I was assuming last week had a lot to do with the matchup against the "dream team" CB's, and the opportunities up the middle the Eagles extensive use of the "Wide 9" defense was creating.

Against the Giants' mediocre (or worse) secondary I expect we'll see more passes downfield.

I worried after the 1/2 for 14yards late last week too. You'd think even with corners playing well you could push more or even push inside the hashes some.

Others observed in the Cinci game that Fitz was sporting some bandaging of his ring finger on his throwing hand. I noticed it again in the Eagles game. I wonder if there is some injury that is hampering his longer throws. IIRC, there were no deep throws in the Philly game, even when the Eagles secondary was clogging up the short- medium- routes.