Anyone watch the bills on NFL rewind?

DUFF

I think the screen touchdown by Jackson was the worst, Duff ID four, I saw in real time and the replays at least two blocking in the back -- the one a reach and trip the defender. And it does seem that Merriman gets mugged a lot. Hopefully the Bills are filing reports with the league.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched much of the replay and was amazed at how much control and poise the Bills showed on both sides of the ball.

I think it all goes back to Chan. He planned the short pass game to keep it away from the Eagles' three d backs.

This season he has forced Vick and Brady to have one of the worst games of their careers and outcoached Belicheat and Fat Andy.

We speak his name and it is Chan.

Missed a facemask by the Bills, but missed lots of blocks-in-the-back, holding, and on that almost sack by Dareus, it should have been intentional grounding since he was in the pocket and the ball was completely uncatchable.

Ball made it to the LOS and there was a receiver in the vacinity...rules is rules, no matter how bad they suck!

I believe that blocks in the back are legal within a certain distance of the line of scrimmage ... At least two of those blocks in the back occurred at the line. No excuse for missing the ones downfield though. Also there was a screen where their lineman were downfield engaged & blocking before the pass was thrown ...is that legal if the pass is caught behind the line? I'm not sure.

It's legal if the pass is caught behind the line of scrimmage.

on that almost sack by Dareus, it should have been intentional grounding since he was in the pocket and the ball was completely uncatchable.

It's amazing how many times the announcers mess this rule up. Billick was saying during the telecast how since the ball passed the LoS it's not intentional grounded and I'm yelling at my TV, "but he's not outside the tackles!"

I've seen other announcers make the same statement apparently never realizing that there are two things that need to happen for it not to be intentional grounding, not just one.

I was losing my mind by all the blocks in the back on the DeSean screen. I thought I just must not understand the rule, since how could the refs miss 3 or 4 different blocks on one play alone.

Tackling Byrd from behind was in my mind the most ridiculous of all. I mean when can you reach out and grab a guy on the back of the ankle that is running to make a play?

The answer is never.

I just watched the first half, and was surprised at the big plays Reggie Corner made! Obviously, his interception, but in addition, the second-to-last play of the first half. He stepped in front of D. J. & batted the ball away at the goal line. Beautiful. This set-up Vick's infamous clock killing over-throw.

The Bills' secondary will be better when McGee is back and Reggie is on the sideline. Yes, he make a nice athletic play on the INT, but he was toasted regularly.

Luckily for him Vick waited too long to throw that pass because Jackson was wide open. Good recovery but Tom Brady completes that pass EVERY time.

Yup. I think he thought he had safety help over the top but something in the middle of the field occupied the safety instead. Looked like a good play design and Vick screwed up.

On another note, re: NFL Rewind -It's a great production! The whole game is captured w/ add'l sideline/podium/locker room audio & video, the picture -courtesy of NFL Films- is brilliant and the game 'story' is told.

They only do these for the best games of the week and we've (Bills) been treated to a few of them already this season. Much better than the 20 minute rewind from DTV and much shorter than the game itself -saving valuable DVR time!

A long as our defense keeps the opposition in high-scoring, thrilling games, there'll be plenty more! :D:huh::doh:

Great stuff!

I agree - having a game on NFL Rewind is the best. Love the camera/mic near Merriman's chant before the game, and also the inside-the-locker room footage of Chan talking to the team. Pure gold!

We have a #56?

Sure do. He's the guy who has a sack in each of the last 2 games, a couple of QB pressures every game, and who fires up the team prior to each game.

Of course, he's no Albert Haynesworth, who's really tearing-it-up in New England. Because Belichick has "lit a fire under him." ;)

On another note, re: NFL Rewind -It's a great production! The whole game is captured w/ add'l sideline/podium/locker room audio & video, the picture -courtesy of NFL Films- is brilliant and the game 'story' is told.

It is good, but the whole game is not shown. At one point they put on the screen "4 possessions later". It's most of the game, but not the whole game.

One really bad penalty they didn't show was on the Eagle first TD drive I think it was they called roughing the passer (Vick). It was one of those bang bang he throws it then gets hit things. It was a raw deal. Totally bogus.

Ha, on the second Eagles drive in the 4th qtr when Desean Jackson catches the cross and runs like 30 yards, and at the end, the commentators like, "I think there was a bit of a hold there..." then gets cut off by the other announcer. Then the next play where Vick scrambles to the left side, Carrington is clearly held and the commentator says, "Looks like he got away with a little hold there..." as he continues to analyze the play. Hahahahaha it was all over the place.

Gailey in the locker room speaking to the team: "That was as big a game we could have won....this week" Gotta Love the Chan!

I thought he said something to the effect of "that was as big of a win as the week I had this week" or something like that.