Bills sign WR Tim Toone to practice squad

papazoid

A great watch and write up on this guy

How is he not a typical Buffalo "misfit"?

His nick name is Tarzan

Modest guy who hasn't had the easier route. 4.42 speed, punt returner, 90 and 95 yard tds, and 80 catches both years. Wes Welker anyone?

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/04/24/tim-toone-10-facts-about-mr-irrelevant/

Don Beebe II

Not unless we cut or IR somebody.

PTR

Cut Ruvell now!

As for Tim Toone, I can hear the chorus of "Toooooooone" already! Has a certain ring to it. I'll take him over Roscoe if he can learn to stay healthy. Tarzan can be our waterbug.

Big Sky Conference in the house!!!

I love how everyone immediately compares him to other white receivers.

Well you can't compare him to Al Toon, that's for sure!

Toone was the 255th and final selection of the 2010 NFL Draft by the Detroit Lions, thus earning the moniker Mr. Irrelevant.[1] On September 4, 2010, Toone was one of the final cuts as Detroit reduced its roster to the 53-man limit. However, the Lions re-signed Toone to their practice squad the next day.[2]

Toone was placed on the practice squad's injured reserve due to an undisclosed injury on October 7, 2010.[3] He was re-signed to a future contract on January 5, 2011. Toone was waived during final cuts on September 3, and re-signed to the Lions' practice squad on September 21. The Lions released Toone again on September 27, 2011.

Date of birth: February 14, 1985 (age 26)

Place of birth: Peoria, Arizona

Height: 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)

Weight: 185 lb (84 kg)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Toone

Lets hope he turns out to be our Wes Welker.

Big Sky Conference in the house!!!

I love how everyone immediately compares him to other white receivers.

The only white receiver comparison is Welker and if he is half that then I'm all for it.

I don't like it. This guy could ruin the team's chemistry. We don't need such a high draft pick looking down his nose at our undrafted guys.

+1 :devil:

And think of his fans. Once they get to buying billboards all across Western NY demanding that Chan put him in the game. :ph34r: