Top 10 Reasons Why the Bills Will Choke

At first, all the never-ending naysaying was nerve-wracking. But now I realize I just wasn't being analytical enough in my fandom.

So...the top 10 reasons why the Bills are doomed for another season of sorrow:

2. We can't win every game. 4-1? I hate to sound negative, and I know I'm going to catch flak for this, but that's only three losses from .500. Think about it.
  3. We don't have any consistency on offense. Pass crazy one game. 100-yards-plus running another. We simply have no identity.
  4. We can't win without raising blood pressure. The only team to register wins in back-to-back 20-plus-point-deficit games? We should have blown the Pats and Raiders out in the first quarter.
  5. We have no consistency in the way we win. Blow out one game. Big come from behinds in two others. And a close game in which the opponent was never ahead of us. Hate to sound picky and all, but true winners win in a consistent fashion.
  6. We don't know how to capitalize on interceptions. Eight turnovers against NE and Phili and we only win by a combined 10 points?!? We should have won by at least 16.
  7. We have a mediocre QB. A 10-4 TD-INT ratio? Fitz couldn't even do better than Matt Stafford at 11-3?
  8. We have a mediocre RB. Freddie Jackson, who is heralded as our supposed No. 1 player on offense (please), has only broken one play--one!--over 40 yards and only has 96 yards on average per game. He couldn't get 100 or more like McFadden or AP?
  9. We can't stop the run. We have clearly forgotten about the run (bottom middle tier) and only care about intercepting more balls than anyone else. That's a mark of a truly weak defensive team.
  10. We can't tackle. Our top tackler is a...safety? Yet another mark of a truly bad defensive team. Wilson barely has more tackles than the geriatric Troy Polamalu for Christ's sake.
  11. We can't overcome bad officiating. The one team we were supposed to beat easily, and we can't find a way to overcome a last minute blown call by the ref? The Pats would have found a way to win, even with their bad D.
  12. We don't kick enough field goals. Only nine attempts? That's near the bottom of the league.
  13. We don't have a QB who can grow a decent beard. He still looks like he should be pitchforking hay in Pennsylvania, not marshaling a 4-1 NFL team that's No. 1 in the AFC East.

Feel free to add on to the negativity here. I've barely scratched the surface of why this pretender-who-thinks-they're-a-contender team will flame out this year.

At first, all the never-ending naysaying was nerve-wracking. But now I realize I just wasn't being analytical enough in my fandom.

2. We can't win every game. 4-1? I hate to sound negative, and I know I'm going to catch flak for this, but that's only three losses from .500. Think about it.
  3. We don't have any consistency on offense. Pass crazy one game. 100-yards-plus running another. We simply have no identity.
  4. We can't win without raising blood pressure. The only team to register wins in back-to-back 20-plus-point-deficit games? We should have blown the Pats and Raiders out in the first quarter.
  5. We have no consistency in the way we win. Blow out one game. Big come from behinds in two others. And a close game in which the opponent was never ahead of us. Hate to sound picky and all, but true winners win in a consistent fashion.
  6. We don't know how to capitalize on interceptions. Eight turnovers against NE and Phili and we only win by a combined 10 points?!? We should have won by at least 16.
  7. We have a mediocre QB. A 10-4 TD-INT ratio? Fitz couldn't even do better than Matt Stafford at 11-3?
  8. We have a mediocre RB. Freddie Jackson, who is heralded as our supposed No. 1 player on offense (please), has only broken one play--one!--over 40 yards and only has 96 yards on average per game. He couldn't get 100 or more like McFadden or AP?
  9. We can't stop the run. We have clearly forgotten about the run (bottom middle tier) and only care about intercepting more balls than anyone else. That's a mark of a truly weak defensive team.
  10. We can't tackle. Our top tackler is a...safety? Yet another mark of a truly bad defensive team. Wilson barely has more tackles than the geriatric Troy Polamalu for Christ's sake.
  11. We can't overcome bad officiating. The one team we were supposed to beat easily, and we can't find a way to overcome a last minute blown call by the ref? The Pats would have found a way to win, even with their bad D.
  12. We don't kick enough field goals. Only nine attempts? That's near the bottom of the league.
  13. We don't have a QB who can grow a decent beard. He still looks like he should be pitchforking hay in Pennsylvania, not marshaling a 4-1 NFL team that's No. 1 in the AFC East.

Feel free to add on to the negativity here. I've barely scratched the surface of why this pretender-who-thinks-they're-a-contender team will flame out this year.

And No. 13. Bills fans are so stupid they can't even count.

Go Away,,,, We finally get good, and your bringing us down...... Just Go Away

a lot of truth is said in jest, and some of those "reasons" allude to legitimate concerns.

that said, it'll take a lot more than what WE HAVE ACTUALLY WITNESSED to make me pessimistic about the Bills' chances in ANY game going forward.

although there's been some missteps here and there, i think we can all agree the bills have been continuing to improve in all facets of the game since the bye week last year.

i was talkin to my buddy at work today about concerns going forward. and yes, there are some things that i could worry about, but i'm not going to.

so far this year, the bills have proved to me that they deserve the benefit of the doubt, and i will continue to be optimistic til i'm proved wrong.

we all know a 4-1 record can be a fluke, but it sure doesnt feel like it

GO BILLS

If you dont know how there going to win the next game or the one after that because they dont have a routine. Maybe you belong on the fox 68 with them guys they havent figured it out either. along with KC Raiders, NE an almost Bengles an now eagles.

I know one thing when your play is the same there gonna figure you out. when they dont know whats coming well it's a little difficult. Do you think The eagle's honestly thought we were gonna blitz like we did? How's that for not knowing.

Ummm, the 0P just took my nomination for brilliant post of the season and some idiot just called him a 2wat? I was laughing my ass off from the get-go and it only got better and better. Warning to the OP.....that kind of posting is just not sustainable.

Thanks, never have been called a 2wat before. :pirate:

Reason # 16: Flutie has not lifted his curse.

...And No. 17: We don't have a HC who dresses the part. To be successful in the NFL, you clearly have to look homeless on the sidelines.

Thanks, never have been called a 2wat before. :pirate:

...And No. 17: We don't have a HC who dresses the part. To be successful in the NFL, you clearly have to look homeless on the sidelines.

Also, both the GM and HC are from the South. They talk funny and wont be able to perform well in the Buffalo winters.

Reference reason number 5, we have scored points on every turnover except 3..... And 2 of those 3 where due to either the end of the game or end of a half, BTW we are leading the league in points off turnovers........ So what are you talking about dude???????

Reason #15: Bills fans are unable to recognize sarcasm.

It never ceases to amaze me when people fall for these things.....

Most laughing I've done reading a post in a long time. Good job OP, I am sick of the doom and gloomers and naysayers crappin in my cornflakes too

Awesome.

And to think I almost didn't open this thread.

Well done!!

Reference reason number 5, we have scored points on every turnover except 3..... And 2 of those 3 where due to either the end of the game or end of a half, BTW we are leading the league in points off turnovers........ So what are you talking about dude???????

See previous posts.

JustIN Atlanta would like to introduce you to his friend sarcasm.