Kyle Williams Injury?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

lol unbelievable. you're absolutely right - i'm completely clueless and have no idea what i'm talking about. i'm completely blown away by kyle williams' fantastic 5 game performance. i don't know what's better - the 4 tackles, the 0 sacks, the 1 tackle for loss, or the fact that he spearheads the 29th run defense. surely he's a pro-bowl favorite again this year! :wallbash:

Inside tackles do not usually put up great numbers, their job is to eat up space and blockers.

Stats aside, Kyle has played very well and the middle of our defense has been solid. Watch the game closer and you will see he creates pressure and swallows up blockers.

Kyle is a fantastic player that EVERY team would love to have and that opposing coaches account for. He is one of our best players.

Berman talks about how the Bills are getting strong uo the middle on both sides of the ball and he is right. Williams is one big positive on this team.

Inside tackles do not usually put up great numbers, their job is to eat up space and blockers.

Stats aside, Kyle has played very well and the middle of our defense has been solid. Watch the game closer and you will see he creates pressure and swallows up blockers.

Kyle is a fantastic player that EVERY team would love to have and that opposing coaches account for. He is one of our best players.

Berman talks about how the Bills are getting strong uo the middle on both sides of the ball and he is right. Williams is one big positive on this team.

Yes, i hear you. I like Kyle Williams, and I know he occupies blockers well. But last year he was unblockable. He'd literally make 7-10 plays a game where he'd just blow everything up. And this year after drafting Dareus, I figured those two would be THE bright spot on the squad, getting penetration and causing havoc. But instead, Williams has been freakishly quiet. You say he's doing his job and swallowing people up - fine. It's just a little hard to believe with how easy teams have run on us.

I don't know what I'm saying that is so extreme. You'd think I was offending people's kids. The team goes 4-1 and no one can be criticized or questioned.

Edited by deep2evans

i mean, are you serious? they have 1 combined sack and are ranked 29th against the run. what part of that is "good"?

Can you break it down for me how many of those runs are Kyle Williams fault?

Again, if you've actually watched the games, you'd see that we've been pretty strong in the middle and in short yardage runs. We get burned on screens, draws and runs to the outside. We are built to stop the power running game.

Edited by Dorkington

Football is a popular sport with a broad audience so I keep reminding myself it's not necessary to know what you're seeing in order to watch it (or comment here)

+1

KW is still a great player (its not like he just sucks all of a sudden, after a few years of dominance) but he isnt having the same impact he has in the past. I wouldnt look at his stats - I mean how many tackles do you want a DT to have against a team like the pats that throw every down? The Chefs, Eagles, they were throwing to catch up so them too. And us being ranked 29th in rush D - thats what happens when you play Vick and he rushes for 90 yards on 5 carries, its going to throw off the averages.

right. the jets bad record is due to their defense, and not their **** QB and awful offense.. c'mon man.

The Jets gave up over 300 yes passing and 135 yards rushing to B-j-G-e yesterday. Awesome they are! You are on some sort of campaign here obviously.

Yes, i hear you. I like Kyle Williams, and I know he occupies blockers well. But last year he was unblockable. He'd literally make 7-10 plays a game where he'd just blow everything up. And this year after drafting Dareus, I figured those two would be THE bright spot on the squad, getting penetration and causing havoc. But instead, Williams has been freakishly quiet. You say he's doing his job and swallowing people up - fine. It's just a little hard to believe with how easy teams have run on us.

I don't know what I'm saying that is so extreme. You'd think I was offending people's kids. The team goes 4-1 and no one can be criticized or questioned.

You mean you pose baseless questions to the effectiveness of critical players without demonstrating an ounce of understanding of how those players impact the game, despite what their stats are (which are, btw, not AT ALL comprehensive, which is why wins and losses still determine standings), on a board full of Bills fans watching what will in all likelihood be the best season in over a decade, and don't understand why people don't like it? Your social skills are comparable to your comprehension of football.

The Jets gave up over 300 yes passing and 135 yards rushing to B-j-G-e yesterday. Awesome they are! You are on some sort of campaign here obviously.

you mean the jets gave up a lot of yards to an offense led by the best QB in the history of the league? wow, they really are bad.

You mean you pose baseless questions to the effectiveness of critical players without demonstrating an ounce of understanding of how those players impact the game, despite what their stats are (which are, btw, not AT ALL comprehensive, which is why wins and losses still determine standings), on a board full of Bills fans watching what will in all likelihood be the best season in over a decade, and don't understand why people don't like it? Your social skills are comparable to your comprehension of football.

whatever dude, i guess this discussion is over. i'm critiquing what i'm watching, making simple observations, and instead of getting ANYTHING of substance back from you, it's just insults that "i don't know football." i know exactly what a !@#$ing nose tackle is supposed to provide to a defense. ideally, if the middle is being plugged as effectively as you say it is, we should be able to gamble a little more on the outside, bring up a safety, and shut down the run. but that's not happening.

you mean the jets gave up a lot of yards to an offense led by the best QB in the history of the league? wow, they really are bad.

whatever dude, i guess this discussion is over. i'm critiquing what i'm watching, making simple observations, and instead of getting ANYTHING of substance back from you, it's just insults that "i don't know football." i know exactly what a !@#$ing nose tackle is supposed to provide to a defense. ideally, if the middle is being plugged as effectively as you say it is, we should be able to gamble a little more on the outside, bring up a safety, and shut down the run. but that's not happening.

Kyle Williams doesn't seem as effective as he was last season because our opponents are game planning in a way that they keep the play to the OUTSIDE away from Williams and Dareus. The idea is to limit his effectiveness to the point where he can't impact the play because it's away from him.

When you shut down the middle, it opens a wide range of plays to the outside: screens, pitches, quick slants and outs. With those you can now play them straight up instead of gambling, and this should limit the amount of big gains from small plays due to over committing to a play or trying to have the outside defenders speed back to the middle.

Williams is doing his job, the problem lies to the outside, where the defenders are getting beat. Williams and Dareus are still swallowing up defenders the way they are supposed to (are they as effective as they could? on some plays, no), and making it extremely difficult to rush up the middle. there is no cause for concern in the middle, the cause for concern lies to the outside.

exactly. Job is to eat up space, not tackle. (despite the name Nose "Tackle" which is confusing some people on here). Eat up space, free the LB's. This is why the Steelers D has done so well for so many years with Casey Hampton). I take it Kyle is out till after the bye week? Hopefully he's all better then.

I think the point here is that last year, playing the exact same position in the exact same defense, Kyle racked up 77 tackles - with some great stops in the backfield. With all the experts here, I won't bother pointing out how extraordinary that number is for an interior lineman. We even played three of the same teams from last year. Kyle's on a pace this year for a career-low 30 tackles and the bigger question is - has he been injured all season and keeping quiet about it? That's a very suspicious dropoff in play from a high-motor guy.

Best QB in the history of the league? Wow - overstate much? You were the one making the point about how fabulous the Jets defense is and how bad the Bills suck. Yes, they "held" Brady to only 321 yards, but they gave up a ton rushing, supposedly their strength, and lost the game. By the way, the Bills beat the Pats in case you missed it, intercepting "the best QB ever to play the game" 4 times. They really suck compared to the Jets! Wow, I wish we were 2 and 3!

As for your Kyle Williams campaign, you do not know what you are talking about.

he was a pro-bowler last year - who gives a ****? he's been invisible all year. he and dareus combined for a whopping 0 tackles today. kyle has 4 solo tackles all year. are you really trying to tell me that there isn't something wrong there?

lol unbelievable. you're absolutely right - i'm completely clueless and have no idea what i'm talking about. i'm completely blown away by kyle williams' fantastic 5 game performance. i don't know what's better - the 4 tackles, the 0 sacks, the 1 tackle for loss, or the fact that he spearheads the 29th run defense. surely he's a pro-bowl favorite again this year! :wallbash:

fine, i obviously agree the ends are weaker than the middle, of course they are. but people are in here making excuses for williams' lack of production and they're not really giving me much other than, "uhh because he's awesome" and "he's a pro-bowler". no, Kyle is not the "problem" on this defense, but doesn't mean he can't be playing much, much better.

Wow. To read your progression from your first post in this thread to the last is awesome. You sound like an angry man. And very hard headed. What did you really expect when u basically say Kyle sucks this year because he doesn't have a lot of tackles? Numerous people have stated that teams aren't really running up the middle on us. Is that really that hard to understand? You need to bow out of this thread while you're behind. You're not gonna win this one. Surely there are some others you can bash today. Russ Brandon, Buddy Nix, McKelvin, Kelsay, Edwards, somebody. Just NOT Kyle. He is not the problem with this defense.

Starting nose tackle Kyle Williams came out of the game in the third quarter against the Eagles, also with an ankle injury. It's a problem that Williams said he's been dealing with for some time now. Gailey said they would take a cautious approach and see where their star defensive lineman is at every day of practice this week.

When asked if holding Williams out of this weekend's game with the bye week looming is something the Bills would consider, Gailey did not rule out that school of thought. At this point, Williams is questionable to play against the New York Giants.

That also puts the focus on the progress of Torell Troup's lower back injury. The head coach said that Troup is not 100-percent either, and that they'll have to try and see which one of him and Williams will be most ready to play this week.

If neither can go, the Bills could either go with third string nose tackle Kellen Heard in his place, or to move rookie Marcell Dareus inside for the time being.

http://wgr550.com/Bills--Jones-Out-4-6--NT-Williams-Questionable/11146205

lol whatever. the opposing o-line coaches are probably saying "we can run AND pass on them?!?!, what should we do first!!"

Williams is a nice player, but his production and impact is way down. it's a cause for concern big time.

Nope

Starting nose tackle Kyle Williams came out of the game in the third quarter against the Eagles, also with an ankle injury. It's a problem that Williams said he's been dealing with for some time now. Gailey said they would take a cautious approach and see where their star defensive lineman is at every day of practice this week.

When asked if holding Williams out of this weekend's game with the bye week looming is something the Bills would consider, Gailey did not rule out that school of thought. At this point, Williams is questionable to play against the New York Giants.

That also puts the focus on the progress of Torell Troup's lower back injury. The head coach said that Troup is not 100-percent either, and that they'll have to try and see which one of him and Williams will be most ready to play this week.

If neither can go, the Bills could either go with third string nose tackle Kellen Heard in his place, or to move rookie Marcell Dareus inside for the time being.

http://wgr550.com/Bills--Jones-Out-4-6--NT-Williams-Questionable/11146205

Thanx Papa provided the answer while others .........

Anyone who has watched the games has seen good interior play by Williams, Dareus and Edwards... :blush:

Dareus consistently draws the double-team and even with that he doesn't get pushed back - rather he always pushes up field and is fighting guys off with his hands so that he controls his gaps. He and Kyle have done a good job of creating pressure up the middle without giving up the middle to runs, don't know how much more folks are looking for but the evidence is noticable in all the passes we are picking off and all the runs to the edges.