Sheppard and Hairston

JM57

Good games today by these two rookies. For Hairston, its a great thing when a rookie steps in due to injury at LT, throws a couple great blocks and doesn't get mentioned for anything negative. For Sheppard, nice to see him finally get some snaps at ILB. I think he was out there more than Davis, perhaps the torch has been passed.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good games today by these two rookies. For Hairston, its a great thing when a rookie steps in due to injury at LT, throws a couple great blocks and doesn't get mentioned for anything negative. For Sheppard, nice to see him finally get some snaps at ILB. I think he was out there more than Davis, perhaps the torch has been passed.

Shep seems to be far more intense than Davis

Yep, Batten and Moats played well too.

Batten's helmet to helmet hit on Vick (roughing) negated a defensive stop that led to Eagles finishing with a score instead. That was a huge "Dope" play....other than that, he got beat numerous times on McCoy runs as well. Like his motor but he still hasn't put it together yet. Moats seemed to play well mostly....

I thought Corey Mcintyre was crushing his blocks today, Truly an unsung hero.

I totally agree with that assessment but that facemask penalty was a killer. I really wish they would just hand off to the guy once in a while, or hike it to him instead of Brad Smith. And Chan needs to let his guys take the ball out of the EZ on kick offs once in a while and really CJ should be back there too.

Yep, Batten and Moats played well too.

I like these guys a lot. If they had played last week and we committed to the pass rush the same way against a rookie QB then I believe we would be 5-0 right now.

Though I keep thinking of Batten as an ILB, outside?

Edited by cage

Actually Sheep got killed on the long run by Vicks too, but hey rooks make mistakes. I agree the 11 Draft class on the field today looked pretty ok.

you simply can't expect a linebacker to stop vick in the open field. hell, i wouldn't expect pat willis to make that play.