The occupy Wall Street movement spreads

Occupy Buffalo Veteran's claims don't match Army records

Spokesperson for Occupy Buffalo claims he served in Afghanistan and Iraq, yet army records say he served before 9-11

I bet if you got this guy talking long enough he'd tell you about how when he got back stateside some small town cop in Oregon was hassling him when and he went on a rampage, took out the whole town.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the top headline story on Google financial news:

Occupy protesters want shoppers to occupy something besides door-buster sales and crowded mall parking lots on Black Friday.

Some don't want people to shop at all. Others just want to divert shoppers from big chains and giant shopping malls to local mom-and-pops. And while the actions don't appear coordinated, they have similar themes: supporting small businesses while criticizing the day's dedication to conspicuous consumption and the shopping frenzy that fuels big corporations.

As a matter of fact, the financial pages have been the soundboard for this movement from the start.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/occupy-protests-shop-mom-pop-black-friday-15017625

As the weeks have passed I just have a hard time understanding what sitting in a tent in a city is supposed to be doing? What's the positive message? How is this conveying their message? People have bagged on them saying the don't have a message. Of course they do, they're are fighting corporate greed. Hey..good thing. But once again, how is what they're doing going to change anything? It's not. It's the absolute wrong approach. They are just clouding their message with this whiney approach of "we're angry, we're occupying places we're not allowed to camp and we won't move." I don't get it and apparently neither do they.

As the weeks have passed I just have a hard time understanding what sitting in a tent in a city is supposed to be doing? What's the positive message? How is this conveying their message? People have bagged on them saying the don't have a message. Of course they do, they're are fighting corporate greed. Hey..good thing. But once again, how is what they're doing going to change anything? It's not. It's the absolute wrong approach. They are just clouding their message with this whiney approach of "we're angry, we're occupying places we're not allowed to camp and we won't move." I don't get it and apparently neither do they.

While I concur about the clarity of their message, the violence has hurt their opportunity to be viewed as civil disobedients, while at places they aren't supposed to be. I am sure they originally had a message, but unfortunately, it has become hopelessly lost at this point.

While I concur about the clarity of their message, the violence has hurt their opportunity to be viewed as civil disobedients, while at places they aren't supposed to be. I am sure they originally had a message, but unfortunately, it has become hopelessly lost at this point.

The problem with these hippies is that their message is far too general......1%.....corporate greed......banking system....blah blah friggin blah. The reason they haven't made their complaints more specific is that they are hippies, thus whatever brain cells they had have been fried by marijuana and they have no ability whatsoever to be specific.

What they need to do is hire some slick marketeers or some smart people to get specific points out but these people are all 1%ers. Thus they will continue to languish in the park smoking dope and getting even stupider,

Civil disobedience isn't their goal. They want to impose themselves upon others. They're not saying "we won't live by your rules", they're trying to prevent others from conducting business.

The irony is I'd bet half these !@#$s toss the word fascist around without batting an eye.

The problem with these hippies is that their message is far too general......1%.....corporate greed......banking system....blah blah friggin blah. The reason they haven't made their complaints more specific is that they are hippies, thus whatever brain cells they had have been fried by marijuana and they have no ability whatsoever to be specific.

What they need to do is hire some slick marketeers or some smart people to get specific points out but these people are all 1%ers. Thus they will continue to languish in the park smoking dope and getting even stupider,

:lol:

wow is this still going on? I haven't heard a thing about this since last week, and even then I thought it was on it's last legs.

There was news today that LA and Philly are kicking people out of the parks after "[The city] will allow campers ample time to remove their belongings peacefully and without disruption,". I wonder how much time is ample?

http://news.yahoo.com/occupy-los-angeles-protesters-defy-eviction-deadline-155144471.html

Heard on the radio that protesters in Seattle - I think - took over a vacant house and hung a banner saying "Occupy Everything."

Great interview, too (paraphrasing)...

Reporter: "How do you feel about trespassing?"

OWS Guy: "I can't answer that, I don't want to speak for the group."

Reporter: "No, I mean how do you PERSONALLY feel about trespassing?"

OWS Guy: "I don't know. I have to ask. I can't speak for the group."

:blink:

So now the city of SF wants to pay the occupier's rent? You're kidding me, right??

City officials would have paid the district $2,500 a month plus utilities to use the site at 1950 Mission St., a decrepit-looking lot with portable buildings and bathrooms surrounded by a chain-link fence

Why have our "leaders" become such weenies?