Aaron maybin

Glamslam

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He runs fast. He should, he's athletic and weighs 210 lbs.

Still...he got more pressure on the QB in two plays than we have for the entire season.

Still.......damn him!

Maybin lucked into his strip last night, while Ed Reed had that as his plan all along. Maybin might be good for some situations, but he doesn't strike me as a football guy.

Merriman is a football guy, and yet he still hasn't made much of an impact.... the calls for concern on this front are growing with each game played.

No, no he didn't figure anything out. He is still too small to play. For everyone who didn't see here is what happened: Maybin was lined up over the Left Tackle and when the ball was snapped he ran twelve yards downfield around d'brickashaw ferguson and Flacco held the ball too long. Maybin then was directly behind Flacco in the pocket and was able to attack the pocket from behind and he hit Flacco, weakly, causing a fumble. If a smal child had been in his way Maybin would have been stopped from coming from directly behind the pocket, as it was he had a clear shot to get to Flacco. Ed Reed offers a fun comparison, it looked like reed had twenty, maybe thirty pounds on Maybin. For all those who appreciate how worthless Maybin is; Sanchez, on the play after the fumble caused by Maybin, threw an interception that was returned for a touchdown. Maybin's big day actually contributed to the Jet's loss. Have faith Bills friends, we shall right the ship.

Edited by poo

I watched the game and while he had a few plays here and there, for the most part the ravens were playing keep away. We want to keep tom brady off the field, the ravens were seriously content with keeping sanchez ON the field. To be fair though, the jets have a good secondary and in general played pretty good against the ravens especially in the second half. I still say no biggie, our coaches never put him on the field. If we put him on the field he wouldve had to have had some sort of production, its pretty much inevitable that if u play every down at 3-4 OLB you would have at least a couple of sacks by the end of the year.

No, no he didn't figure anything out. He is still too small to play. For everyone who didn't see here is what happened: Maybin was lined up over the Left Tackle and when the ball was snapped he ran twelve yards downfield around d'brickashaw ferguson and Flacco held the ball too long. Maybin then was directly behind Flacco in the pocket and was able to attack the pocket from behind and he hit Flacco, weakly, causing a fumble. If a smal child had been in his way Maybin would have been stopped from coming from directly behind the pocket, as it was he had a clear shot to get to Flacco. Ed Reed offers a fun comparison, it looked like reed had twenty, maybe thirty pounds on Maybin. For all those who appreciate how worthless Maybin is; Sanchez, on the play after the fumble caused by Maybin, threw an interception that was returned for a touchdown. Maybin's big day actually contributed to the Jet's loss. Have faith Bills friends, we shall right the ship.

That has me laughing! The whole explanation, but especially the part that is bolded...

Maybin did his usual run around the pocket move, Flacco was in no danger until he held onto the ball for 5 seconds and decided to run outside the pocket. Maybin just happened to be there... even a blind squirrel finds a nut if you give him enough time

I didn't see the Jets game, but if these reports are true, this is unbearably disheartening.

We paid this guy a boat load of money for zero production, and now he suddenly figured it out? Unreal.

The guy played a handful of snaps, only on 3d and long where he had zero responsibility except to run around the LT and try to get into the backfield. I don't know why people are trying to make it sound like he was LT last night. He wasn't.

When that happened last night i was laughing hysterically. Then they showed Maybin on the bench all mad because of what happened

I'd be a lot more worried about the BILLS pass rush if the Bengals weren't allowed to get away with perpetual rape.

Agreed! I'm just surprise our DL jerseys didn't look like fitz jersey on that sack! Way to many miss calls yesterday..

Gentlemen, if you able, watch it at 12.28 in the first quarter and watch Maybin. Even the commentators were laughing at him on the replay. Yesterday was a tough day but I must have watched that clip about 40 times and I am in hysterics.

He would have sacked Flacco if he were NFL size on the play he forced a fumble. It was just dumb luck, or more likely Flacco not understanding Maybin's Safety-esque speed, that let Maybin knock the ball out of his hand.

But Bravo for Maybin making some plays.

I am A-OK with him lining up in Green on Sundays.