Aaron maybin

Glamslam

And I agree with both of you… so the next logical question is:

"Do you think our leading outside pass rusher from last year, Chris Kelsay, would have made this play?

(I know… he usually lines up on the defensive left side but just for the sake of discussion).

I think that though he's physically capable, the style of play he uses and our d uses dont lend to finding himself 15 yards upfield with a clean shot, totally unblocked and coverage to buy that time very often....granted it's not common for anyone

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that though he's physically capable, the style of play he uses and our d uses dont lend to finding himself 15 yards upfield with a clean shot, totally unblocked and coverage to buy that time very often....granted it's not common for anyone

It really only worked because the other rusher and the O-lineman got in Maybin's blocker's way at the same time as Flacco left the pocket.

Maybin still sucks, but he is fast. I'm sure glad he isn't starting for the Bills.

Instead of gushing about the Jets, why not appreciate the 3-1 division leading Bills? Chix know what to do.

For all the people making fun of Maybin in this thread, I can sense a fear hidden behind your words and smiley faces that he does in fact become an impact player for the Jets. It wouldn't shock me at all.

Why wouldn't it shock you? When did Maybin show anything as a Bill? The guy had 2 seasons to live up to his draft pick and got outplayed by UDFAs. I would be shocked as helll if Maybin turned into any kind of NFL player, unless he's shooting drums of HGH to get bigger.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Why wouldn't it shock you? When did Maybin show anything as a Bill? The guy had 2 seasons to live up to his draft pick and got outplayed by UDFAs. I would be shocked as helll if Maybin turned into any kind of NFL player, unless he's shooting drums of HGH to get bigger.

PTR

Cause I've been a Bills fan for way too long.

PTR

It wouldn't shock me either. Buffalo drafted this guy with the intention of him being a starter and an impact player. The jets seem to want to insert him sporadically solely to rush the quarterback. Big difference in responsibilities. Long term I don't think Maybin makes it but I can see it working for the short term.

Cause I've been a Bills fan for way too long.

Which means you over-value what these duds do away from the Bills. Like Marshawn's big TD run in the playoffs. What has he done besides that? Maybin gets one lucky fumble strip and all of a sudden he's a pro bowler?

It wouldn't shock me either. Buffalo drafted this guy with the intention of him being a starter and an impact player. The jets seem to want to insert him sporadically solely to rush the quarterback. Big difference in responsibilities. Long term I don't think Maybin makes it but I can see it working for the short term.

Maybin couldn't even do that as a Bill.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

You tell a guy he's a bust after his first half of a year with the team that drafted him, he starts to believe it. I hope Maybin kicks ass for the Jets (although I hope they lose every week). The guy had some of the worst coaching and fan support I've ever seen anyone have. Now he's got people believing in him. I hope he does well.

You tell a guy he's a bust after his first half of a year with the team that drafted him, he starts to believe it. I hope Maybin kicks ass for the Jets (although I hope they lose every week). The guy had some of the worst coaching and fan support I've ever seen anyone have. Now he's got people believing in him. I hope he does well.

This guy had some of the worst work ethic and attitude (lack of motivation) I have ever seen a supposed NFL player have. You must first have to give people SOMETHING to believe in, and he couldn't muster anything... a pathetic display that deserves ridicule.

This guy had some of the worst work ethic and attitude (lack of motivation) I have ever seen a supposed NFL player have. You must first have to give people SOMETHING to believe in, and he couldn't muster anything... a pathetic display that deserves ridicule.

I couldn't disagree with you more. I think he worked his butt off and had a great attitude. I never sensed any kind of a lack of motivation in him whatsoever.

Buddy Nix came to his defense and said he had a great work ethic. He implied even though he put in the work he still wasn't good enough and didn't know where Maybin would fit on defense with his body type.

New England should sign Ed Wang to handle this Maybin threat, Wang looked all-world in practice against Maybin.

I couldn't disagree with you more. I think he worked his butt off and had a great attitude. I never sensed any kind of a lack of motivation in him whatsoever.

"He showed little drive and motivation in practices and was outperformed by players taken much lower than him in the draft."

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/08/15/bills-release-2009-first-rounder-maybin

"‘I think he wants to [work hard enough]. I think he wants to,’ Gailey said [of Maybin], leaving pauses between each sentence. ‘He works at it. I’m glad you [asked that]. I don’t want anybody to think he doesn’t work at it.’”

Only a few paragraphs later, however, Gailey tacked on: “I don’t think I’ve lit very many fires [under Maybin]. We might provide a spark, but he’s got to get his own fire going.”"

http://home.buffalo.com/sports/blog/the-frustration-that-is-aaron-maybin/

The guy just didn't get it, and he didn't survive competition against undrafted free agents.... it is obvious to me that the motivation just wasn't there, and you can't be a mostly off, a little on kind of player in the NFL.