Aaron maybin

Glamslam

Which means you over-value what these duds do away from the Bills. Like Marshawn's big TD run in the playoffs. What has he done besides that? Maybin gets one lucky fumble strip and all of a sudden he's a pro bowler?

Maybin couldn't even do that as a Bill.

PTR

You're forgetting one very important factor in all this. He is, in fact, still the Quarterback cravin' defensive Wes Craven.

And yeah, that's exactly what I said. He's a pro-bowler.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy had some of the worst work ethic and attitude (lack of motivation) I have ever seen a supposed NFL player have. You must first have to give people SOMETHING to believe in, and he couldn't muster anything... a pathetic display that deserves ridicule.

And this guy (or his agent) had the balls to hold out when we drafted him. He robbed us blind AND he sucked.

PTR

Which means you over-value what these duds do away from the Bills. Like Marshawn's big TD run in the playoffs. What has he done besides that? Maybin gets one lucky fumble strip and all of a sudden he's a pro bowler?

Maybin couldn't even do that as a Bill.

PTR

Sure, but did they actually give him the opportunity to do just that?

Keep in mind I'm not saying Maybin's going to be some fantastic NFL player. Due to injury, Ryan is simply giving Maybin an opportunity to do the only thing he might be able to do at this level.

This guy had some of the worst work ethic and attitude (lack of motivation) I have ever seen a supposed NFL player have. You must first have to give people SOMETHING to believe in, and he couldn't muster anything... a pathetic display that deserves ridicule.

I have to disagree partially with you also. I don't think his work ethic is the problem, I suspect attitude was the real issue. I think Maybin didn't like listening to what the coaches were trying to teach/tell him.

I hope he lights up Brady for 2 & 1/2 sacks, forced fumble and a deflection picked off by cromartie returned for a TD.

How about you ?

If he does it all on the way to a loss I'm all for it. Pound Brady but I'd like to see the nails put in the Jets' coffin. Last thing I want are both the Jets and Pats competing for playoff spots at the end of the year.

For all the people making fun of Maybin in this thread, I can sense a fear hidden behind your words and smiley faces that he does in fact become an impact player for the Jets. It wouldn't shock me at all.

Maybe he'll get to Brady more than our front 7 did.

I couldn't disagree with you more. I think he worked his butt off and had a great attitude. I never sensed any kind of a lack of motivation in him whatsoever.

"He showed little drive and motivation in practices and was outperformed by players taken much lower than him in the draft."

http://www.profootba...-rounder-maybin

"'I think he wants to [work hard enough]. I think he wants to,' Gailey said [of Maybin], leaving pauses between each sentence. 'He works at it. I'm glad you [asked that]. I don't want anybody to think he doesn't work at it.'"

Only a few paragraphs later, however, Gailey tacked on: "I don't think I've lit very many fires [under Maybin]. We might provide a spark, but he's got to get his own fire going.""

http://home.buffalo....s-aaron-maybin/

The guy just didn't get it, and he didn't survive competition against undrafted free agents.... it is obvious to me that the motivation just wasn't there, and you can't be a mostly off, a little on kind of player in the NFL.

Speaking only from personal experience, there's different degrees of working hard.

There's nothing like getting fired (and for Maybin, on a national media basis) for a person to look himself in the mirror and do some soul searching.

Did you watch the clip you posted? He was knocked off his feet, hopped up quickly, took advantage of some traffic in the area, ran after and eventually dove at the un-elusive Joe Flacco, and swatted his elbow which caused the ball to flop out of Flacco's hand as he held it like a loaf of bread down by his thigh pad.

I'm not saying it doesn't count at all, but this is all Maybin can do. He takes huge loops around the formation and hustles. His celebration after the fact was All World though.

ala Mark Gastineau.. he should be All-Pro with the Jets.. You're 100% right in your observation, he might sack a few given time and broken plays, but run at him and he is worthless!!

Really? Why? (serious question - curious about what you're thinking)

Because an injury decimated team put him on the field for about five snaps, give him only one responsibility and he got a sack on a busted play. Obviously he's on his way to Canton.