What would you have said if someone told you

Put aside the fact that we lost to the bengals.

What would have u actually said if someone told we would have been 3-1 at the start of the season.

Seriously a lot of people our down about our loss today but look at the upside, we are tied for the led in the AFC and the AFC East, only two teams have a better record than us. We have found our offense and our defense needs improvement, atleast its not like last year when we didnt have either. I measure our year on improvement and if we continue to improve as we are, then i think it will be a good season.

I'm sorry but I'm just tired of that loser mentality. Honestly if I had known the Chiefs would be so terrible I'd have been surprised if we were any worse than 2-2. We've played an easier schedule than NE and played them at home, so being tied with them at this point isn't worth much.

I have two modes as a fan. I root to win every game and expect the team to not be retarded. Then when all is definitely lost I go into film study mode and watch the young guys and do some rewinding etc...if I'm completely honest the second life is an easier one and I still enjoy it a lot. But I think we've hit a point now, with our play, where I expect to be in mode 1 the entire season. Saying "oh well we're still *insert record* here" is no way to get over a loss like to me right now.

I'm sorry but I'm just tired of that loser mentality. Honestly if I had known the Chiefs would be so terrible I'd have been surprised if we were any worse than 2-2. We've played an easier schedule than NE and played them at home, so being tied with them at this point isn't worth much.

Have we played an easier schedule than NE?

Them Us

MIA KC

SD OAK

BUFF NE

OAK CIN

We've played each other and Oak, and we both beat Oak, so you must be saying KC and CIN easier than MIA and SD?

MIA is 0-4 to KC's 1-3 - about equal

SD 3-1 may be better than CIN at 2-2, too early to tell yet I think.

I could buy the argument that the win over Oakland today was more convincing than ours, I guess.

What would have u actually said if someone told we would have been 3-1 at the start of the season.

Seriously a lot of people our down about our loss today but look at the upside, we are tied for the led in the AFC and the AFC East, only two teams have a better record than us. We have found our offense and our defense needs improvement, atleast its not like last year when we didnt have either. I measure our year on improvement and if we continue to improve as we are, then i think it will be a good season.

Aussie, I hear what you're saying. I am seriously worried about our defense at this point, however.

I am wondering if we have one. I wasn't too worried after Oakland (they have McFadden and I personally think Campbell is underrated) or after NE (it is Brady, after all).

I am worried after today. I like Dalton, but he should NOT have had such a good time of it.

Yea I'd take 3-1 anyday

But this loss still shows the Bills can be run on still. That run D has to be better.

Cinny wanted the game more than we did. Any Given Sunday yall.

If we win next week vs. Eagles we get our Swag back

Have we played an easier schedule than NE?

Them Us

MIA KC

SD OAK

BUFF NE

OAK CIN

We've played each other and Oak, and we both beat Oak, so you must be saying KC and CIN easier than MIA and SD?

MIA is 0-4 to KC's 1-3 - about equal

SD 3-1 may be better than CIN at 2-2, too early to tell yet I think.

I could buy the argument that the win over Oakland today was more convincing than ours, I guess.

Aussie, I hear what you're saying. I am seriously worried about our defense at this point, however.

I am wondering if we have one. I wasn't too worried after Oakland (they have McFadden and I personally think Campbell is underrated) or after NE (it is Brady, after all).

I am worried after today. I like Dalton, but he should NOT have had such a good time of it.

no pass rush still, that is a concern

Its interesting how we come off of a season where we won FOUR GAMES but fans feel that anything less then a 10-6 is a utter failure.........

We only have to win one more game in this early part of the season match last years total yet the sense of entitlement by some is insane......

the team is 3-1......we have beaten our nemisis the patriots for the first time in SEVEN YEARS.......

but lose a game and DOOOOOOM

Its interesting how we come off of a season where we won FOUR GAMES but fans feel that anything less then a 10-6 is a utter failure.........

We only have to win one more game in this early part of the season match last years total yet the sense of entitlement by some is insane......

the team is 3-1......we have beaten our nemisis the patriots for the first time in SEVEN YEARS.......

we win one more game to reach last year's total....so what. is that the goal? after impressively getting to 3-0, is the goal to be content with that? or no NOT blow a 14 point 2nd half lead against the worst starting QB in football?

and my god, and to quote BuffOrange from earlier in this thread, the "loser mentality" is just pathetic. who the !@#$ cares John about the Pats game anymore? Guess what...the team played Cincy today, and choked the game away. in my eyes, that pats win was our shot to get AHEAD in this division/conference and today's loss essentially made the Pats win irrelevant.

thats exactly what i was getting at

What would you have said if I told you we would be 3-0 after crushing the Chiefs in the road and beating the Raiders and Pats* in exciting games at home.....then lost to the Bengals?

I think the point here is the bills played a good d and lost. If they have to play a good d and o, they are in trouble. Take away the turnovers and the game wasnt close.

The rub is everyone thought this team had finally fixed some things that don't appear to be as fixed as thought.

Everyone remembers the fast start a few years ago and second half season collapse and is looking for a reason it wont happen again.

We want to believe our upstart bad news bills are going to win em all...

How the team plays the eagles will be a good measure of where these guys are at.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

My honest answer: When I went game by game I had the Bills 4-12 before the season started, but I had them 3-1 after 4 games. Since I had the NE & Cincy game the other way, I'm more optimistic that they're a lot better than the 4-12 I predicted. Still, I'm not expecting them to continue winning 3 out of every 4 games they play because outside of the games vs Miami & Denver they are going to have to play to the best of their ability to beat any of the other teams on the schedule the rest of the way. I still can't see better than 8-8, even with the 3-1 start.

I expected 3-1 at this point (but the loss to be to the Cheaters), 3-2 after 5, and 3-3 after 6. The win over the Pats made me think they could do better than the 9-7 I predicted, but the Bungles loss makes me think 9-7 still.

In my prediction for the season I had them at 3-1 at this point, beating KC and Oak, only losing to the Pats and beating the Bengals.

I had them at 9-7 for the year. Before the season I had them losing the next two to the Eagles and Giants. But I think these games could go either way. i think we will learn a lot from the Eagles game. The Bills have usually done terrible against mobile QBs. If they can beat the Eagles--and I don't think it will be easy--then they will be set up well for the Giants.

In my prediction for the season I had them at 3-1 at this point, beating KC and Oak, only losing to the Pats and beating the Bengals.

I had them at 9-7 for the year. Before the season I had them losing the next two to the Eagles and Giants. But I think these games could go either way. i think we will learn a lot from the Eagles game. The Bills have usually done terrible against mobile QBs. If they can beat the Eagles--and I don't think it will be easy--then they will be set up well for the Giants.

My thoughts, exactly.

Vick is too much of a wild card, period.

DeSean Jackson is equally explosive. These two guys...ugh.