Maybe Cinci is better than we thought...

I know this is looking at the glass half full and I think we win if the refs didn't screw us on SJ's catch, but....

Their defense looks big up front and Leon Hall is better than any CB on the Bills. They may be as good as their ranking even though their first three games were not against offensive juggernauts. And, I suspect Marvin Lewis is a Rhodes scholar compared to George Edwards.

Their offensive line looked good(who's doesn't against the Bills) and AJ Green looks the part of a superstar in the making - impressive body control with deep speed(can't comment on route running).

Maybe just maybe the game was closer than we thought more so because they are better than we thought....that feels a whole lot better to think about than the alternative which is the 3-0 start was just another tease

I knew their D was a top 10 D. Maybe they are top 5 IDK hard to say. That's all I can say though. I really don't think they are all that different than the quasi-garbage I thought they were. Basically they are who we thought they were, and in letting a rookie go Montana on us we let them off the hook. Green is good but over-rated. McKelvin gets beaten like a drum b/c he's a drum, not b/c of Green. Look at that guy from Oakland last week he did us worse than Green.

We played like crap and still should have won IMO. Cinci sucks.

yea, their defense is pretty solid. lots of athletes on that front 7, and malauaga (sp) is solid as hell. however, their offense sucks out loud. dalton is bad, benson is slow, and we had no business allowing them 17 pts in the 2nd half. end of story.

This, lights out is the something we need to learn.

yea, their defense is pretty solid. lots of athletes on that front 7, and malauaga (sp) is solid as hell. however, their offense sucks out loud. dalton is bad, benson is slow, and we had no business allowing them 17 pts in the 2nd half. end of story.

I don't think that's the case. It was a very bad spot for the Bills with the schedule. We were not good enough to overcome it. That simple. I made a thread earlier this week about how difficult this game would be. I didn't get one response. Everybody was drinking the kool aid. Bills road favorites off those two emotional home wins. That is why Vegas rules the world. Bengals +3 and everybody was on Buffalo.

I don't think that's the case. It was a very bad spot for the Bills with the schedule. We were not good enough to overcome it. That simple. I made a thread earlier this week about how difficult this game would be. I didn't get one response. Everybody was drinking the kool aid. Bills road favorites off those two emotional home wins. That is why Vegas rules the world. Bengals +3 and everybody was on Buffalo.

fine, legit point. however, the game was being played and we were in COMPLETE control. if we lose the 2nd half by 10 points we win the game. we just needed ANYTHING out of the offense OR defense to seal the deal, and no dice.

i agree the kool-aid drinkers were out, and i was VERY nervous about the game this week. i knew it was "trap-ish" and i knew it could set up the rest of our season in a big way. when you're the bills, an improving team who's gotten off to a fast start, and in a division with the Jets and Pats, you know you need to win games vs Cincy to keep pace. Now we have a talented, athletic, pissed off team next week, followed by a Giants team with a sick pass rush in their barn. Both games are very loseable and I sure as !@#$ didn't have 3-3 in mind after the Pats win. We needed to win that Cincy game goddamnit.

This, lights out is the something we need to learn.

I was worried about the game early on, just because the Bills weren't getting good drive start field position. Those kind of games drive me crazy because they are always close, and the Bills lacked intensity (happens on the road). It was a poorly played offensive game, it's just that the Bills offense played poorer than Bengal's. The Bengals didn't tear up the Bills defense. They only scored 23 points, hardly a drubbing.

The Bills will be fine.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

I think i predicted a 23-16 Bills win in the prediction thread. I absolutely knew this would be close. Cinci wanted this game badly and you could see them out-physical the Bills all day. They would seem to pile 3 guys on top of every Bills ball carrier on a tackle and give them a little "extra". I thought Cinci was chippy after the whistle...but they WANTED it so good for them. Their D is better than ours and even though we got jobbed on SJ's "drop", I thought overall Cinci dominated and deserved to win. Maybe the Bills will learn from it or maybe they peaked already.

Maybe just maybe the game was closer than we thought more so because they are better than we thought....that feels a whole lot better to think about than the alternative which is the 3-0 start was just another tease

I think it depends on what you mean than "better than we thought"

Are they a better NFL team than the pundits have claimed? "You are what your record says you are"

I htink you're onto something though: despite all the great talk about "handling prosperity", I think the Bengals were better than WE thought they were. I think we took them lightly, from the coaches to the veterans to the rookies.

And we paid the price.

Any given Sunday...

I think i predicted a 23-16 Bills win in the prediction thread. I absolutely knew this would be close. Cinci wanted this game badly and you could see them out-physical the Bills all day. They would seem to pile 3 guys on top of every Bills ball carrier on a tackle and give them a little "extra". I thought Cinci was chippy after the whistle...but they WANTED it so good for them. Their D is better than ours and even though we got jobbed on SJ's "drop", I thought overall Cinci dominated and deserved to win. Maybe the Bills will learn from it or maybe they peaked already.

I said it was going to be a dog fight, and thought we could very well lose. However, they are right where I expected them to be at this point, 3-1.

It has nothing to do with how good or bad the Bengals are. The Bills blew a 17-3 halftime lead and let them drive the length of the field to kick the game winning FG. :wallbash:

Fair enough, but maybe the reason they blew the lead was the Bengals have a pretty dam good defense... It may have only been a 7 point lead if the ball doesn't bounce off the WR's ankle...

I think on defense the Bills were exposed with the lack of speed in their LBs and a secondary that got mismatched against bigger players (Green, Gresham,)

On offense while I don't think the OLine got destroyed I'd say they loss more than they won

A good learning experience. The Bills have to learn how to step on the neck of your opponent. In the first three games, they did not have to do that. The KC game was a runaway and the other games were comebacks. I think the team learned a lot today in the loss.

I think the Bengals D will be the best we will see in the 1st half of the season. I'm not scared by the Philly or NYG defense.