Demote Edwards Now!

RyanC883

Shawne Merriman - did he even play? Oh yea, he got credit for a sack when Dalton ran out of bounds behind the line...

3 tackles for Shawne today - He is NOT getting it done.......

Week 1 - he had 1 tackle

Week 2 - he had 4 tackles

Week 3 - ZERO zip zilch nothing

Week 4 - he had 3 tackles

Barnett had 10 takles TODAY.... Shawne has 8 in 4 games...nice 2 per game average buddy.

you obviously dont understand the difference in playing positions.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand how the coaching staff can go any futher without giving Battan, Shepperd, and Moats an opportunity to start?

I do-they're at practice every day & know a lot more about these players than some guy posting on the internet who hasn't been to one closed practice.

Face it, the coaches see things we never see & know more about these players than we'll ever know. That's why I find it hard to criticize any coach on who he gives playing time to because I'm not there with these guys 5-7 days a week. That is especially true when a fan suggests starting guys who the coach isn't starting, many whom have never started a game in the NFL because the team has better players already starting.

This defense is PATHETIC. Letting a rookie QB throw almost 300 yards on them and destroy them in the second half is rediculous. This defense can't even put pressure on a rookie QB when the game is on the line?!?!? Time for Wanny to take over and have some creative defensive game planning. Not this high school BS that Edwards runs. Let Edwards coach LB's like he did in Miami. He is way over his head being a DC.

You do know that Wannstache's philosophy isn't creative blitz packages but rather what you'll seen thus far out of the Def...His track record as a DC is a good pass rush with four and play zone coverage behind them. The problem here is our LB aren't good enough and they're not active...I like Barnett because he's at least active, when was the last time you've heard Davis name associated with a play in the backfield. Merriman is struggling while trying to reclaim himself, Kelsay made a play today but we need more active LB's and more pressure from the up 4 for this def to function effectively.

Honestly wasn't all that impressed with the offense today, either. Even when the D scored or stopped the BungHoles, the O didn't get it done. Whole team looked flat - stat that sticks out is 4-14 third down efficiency, and being forced to settle for 3 twice

Not 100% positive they made the wrong call on Stevie's catch - so not really buyin' the ref argument either. Looked like just a so-so effort from the whole team, as well as Chanstache & Co.

So the shuttle has landed, we're all back on earth. Time to start another streak...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

18 and 1 baby!!!!! B-)

True the offense looked bad today. But the D has looked terrible all year, INT's that fall into their laps aside. Almost no sacks, no pressure, and blowing a game to a rookie QB. A good defense steps up to the challenge if the offense has an off game, ours gets pushed back on its heels and into its endzone. No pride, no passion on this D. And Edwards trolls the sidelines doing NOTHING about it.

Honestly wasn't all that impressed with the offense today, either. Even when the D scored or stopped the BungHoles, the O didn't get it done. Whole team looked flat - stat that sticks out is 4-14 third down efficiency, and being forced to settle for 3 twice

Not 100% positive they made the wrong call on Stevie's catch - so not really buyin' the ref argument either. Looked like just a so-so effort from the whole team, as well as Chanstache & Co.

So the shuttle has landed, we're all back on earth. Time to start another streak...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

18 and 1 baby!!!!! B-)

It wasn't the defensive scheme that lost this game, it was poor play. Poor tackling (lack of intensity), and McKelvin was outplayed by Green. I don't think George Edwards should shoulder the blame.

They lacked intensity, and the way the road game unfolded (bad drive starts) lent itself to that kind of sluggish play. They will be much better this week at home.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

This defense is PATHETIC. Letting a rookie QB throw almost 300 yards on them and destroy them in the second half is rediculous. This defense can't even put pressure on a rookie QB when the game is on the line?!?!? Time for Wanny to take over and have some creative defensive game planning. Not this high school BS that Edwards runs. Let Edwards coach LB's like he did in Miami. He is way over his head being a DC.

If you change that to "Fire Edwards Now," I agree. Should have been done when Wannstedt was brought in during the off season. Period.

Lots of people calling for George Edwards job right now after the Bungles rolled up big yardage to come from behind and beat us in the 2nd half.

My questions:

Does anybody really know what Wannstedt role is?

Why would we pay him bigger bucks as an Assistant Head Coach and then make his role in less than the DC?

Could it be that this was Wannstedt's game plan?

I am looking for facts, anyone have a link to a story that defines Wannstedt's role with the team. From my vantage point he is just as accountable, if not more, for the performance of the defense.

Emotional responses such as "Edwards is Chan's Buddy" need not apply. Every coach in every sport brings in people they trust and know from past relationships.

Edward's is Chan's buddy.

Ralph is cheap.

Howard Stern hasn't been relevant or funny in years.

Lots of people calling for George Edwards job right now after the Bungles rolled up big yardage to come from behind and beat us in the 2nd half.

My questions:

Why would we pay him bigger bucks as an Assistant Head Coach and then make his role in less than the DC?

I am looking for facts, anyone have a link to a story that defines Wannstedt's role with the team. From my vantage point he is just as accountable, if not more, for the performance of the defense.

Emotional responses such as "Edwards is Chan's Buddy" need not apply. Every coach in every sport brings in people they trust and know from past relationships.

Great questions, Bob. As far as I know, the details of exactly how Edwards and Wannstedt divide up responsibility are sealed within OBD.

We know is on game day, Edwards is on the sidelines and Wannstedt is in the booth and that's all we know.

...do you think he would go back to the 4-3 as his primary defense?

Front 7...

DL - Edwards-Dareus-Williams-Kelsay :worthy:

LB - Batten - Sheppard - Barnett(or replace Batten and/or Sheppard with Morrison, Merriman, Davis, etc...)

Im not sure why you promoted our 3rd string back to starter with Shep. Hes behind Morrison and Davis yet

And playing the 3-4 would be a great way to play more people out of position... just like last year

Im not sure why you promoted our 3rd string back to starter with Shep. Hes behind Morrison and Davis yet

And playing the 3-4 would be a great way to play more people out of position... just like last year

I'm assuming you meant playing the 4-3. In that case, who would be playing out of position?

Mods...I did not see the other thread on Wanny. Feel free to merge.

I'm assuming you meant playing the 4-3. In that case, who would be playing out of position?

I did, sorry

Barnett for starters, Dwan Edwards isnt exactly a Rush End either.

My point is good teams don't make rash moves after a few games. Especially when the D has forced 6 INTS in the last two games and the team is 3-1. We got out worked yesterday. Cinci pushed us around. Bringing in an undersized backer at OLB and putting our 3rd string MLB in isnt going to change that.

Good teams go watch the film, get pissed off, work their asses off and beat Philly on Sunday.

I think our main problem is the secondary too. Mcgee and Williams out is hurting us more than people realize. Justin Rogers is a nice story but he was a 7th round pick for a reason

Edited by Captain Hindsight

The Bills aren't playing a true 3-4 or 4-3, they are playing a Hybrid, with a 3-4 "base". They want to be able to switch between the 2 defences depending on the situation and to try and throw off the opposing offences.

And why does everyone think that Edwards is at fault for all of this and Wandstadt would be an improvement? Do you think that the stache is just sitting there watching games collecting a paycheck and doing nothing? He is part of the coaching staff and has input on the defence too, only difference is that Edwards is the guy on the sidelines actually sending the calls into the defence