What is "Big Sun" ?

In the NFL Replay show of the Pats* game, Eric Wood yelled "Big Sun" at Fitz as he chest-bumped him walking into the locker room. Then on the nfl.com Preview video for this week's game, they show a clip of Fitz in the huddle saying to the offense, "let's serve up a little Big Sun Special".

Anybody know what "Big Sun" refers to?

My link

Edited by BillnutinHouston

In the NFL Replay show of the Pats* game, Eric Wood yelled "Big Sun" at Fitz as he chest-bumped him walking into the locker room. Then on the nfl.com Preview video for this week's game, they show a clip of Fitz in the huddle saying to the offense, "let's serve up a little Big Sun Special".

My link

Hmmmm...my best guess would be something like a shorthand for "get big son"

My link

Is it "Big Sun" or "Big Son"?

I'm glad you asked, I had the same question.

Whatever it is, it seems to be getting served up regularly on the O Line

Wasn't Camp Fitz in Arizona?

Maybe it's reference to Camp Fitz.

It's like we are prepared because of "Big Sun" camp and these fools on defense don't know what they're doing.

Doubt it. It's clearly an O-Line thing and Camp Fitz was just Fitz and the WR

i think it's probably big SON

like, when you see your friend and you are like "what up son?"

or when you beat some guy badly at something aka you "sonned" him

Sounds like you're on the right track. Apparently it's also a body builder thing, "get BIG, Son!" and it's made the Urban Dictionary as a way to refer to someone:

Big Son

YE OLE has scoured the interwebs, but not been able to make hide nor hair of it either. That said I like the most interesting man in the world's theory here. It seems plausible.

And with that Boludo, YE OLE would just like to say: stay thirsty, my friend.

YE, I never thought that I would say this, but you disappoint me. A cursory search of the interwebs that you mention revealed the meaning behind "Big Son".

Ask and YE shall receive

My link

ok...i did some digging....

i think this is in reference to the running game.

after the previous weeks game versus oakland.....buffalo bills linebacker Nick Barnett was quoted saying of the Raiders' McFadden: "Big son of (expletive)!!! He runs hard!"…

it's way down in the article...

http://m.yahoo.com/w/sports/home/experts/article?offset=0&urn=urn%3Anewsml%3Asports.yahoo%2Cyhoo%3A20050301%3Anfl%2Carticle%2Cms-silver_morning_rush_ryan_falcons_vick_hurdle_091911%3A1&.ts=1316422598&.ysid=V7JICYVk2HGPYdsmc6nUXguw&.intl=US&.lang=en

Edited by papazoid