Jets season on the brink

truth on hold

They cant run the ball

Their all pro center mangold is hurting

Defenses are keying on Sanchez and he's getting roughed up, sacked 4 times in 2nd half last week and s broken nose

should he go down the backup is 40+ Brunell

They are coming off a loss to Oakland where their vaunted defense was shredded for over 200 on the ground

Next 2 games are at Baltimore and new england.

In 2 weeks they could have a 2 & 3 losing record

Ryan's bravado will look foolish and the ny media will turn on him.

Things could get ugly for this team

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They cant run the ball

Defenses are keying on Sanchez and he's getting roughed up, sacked 4 times in 2nd half last week and s broken nose

They are coming off a loss to Oakland where their vaunted defense was shredded for over 200 on the ground

I've not watched any of their games this year but it's a little early in the season to be making this call ... as much as it is to say the Bills are "turned around." On the latter I remain very hopeful but the debacle in 2008 serves as a reminder that fortunes in the NFL can turn very quickly.

They cant run the ball

Maybe not crashed yet, but not hard to envision how this train could get off track real quickly in the next few weeks . . . and I will love every second of it. :oops:

They cant run the ball

The reports of the Jets death are greatly exaggerated

Keep phasers on stun

Ryan, underneath that bravado, is a very good coach.

Baltimore and NE should be good games

The original post did not say their season is over at 2-1, it is saying if things go bad (for them) the next two weeks they could be 2-3 and things looking ugly. I completely agree.

The best part is if both Jests and NE lose this week - one of them will be 2-3 after week 5

Edited by stevewin

2-1 = season over, failed team.

Wow....

Learn something new every day.

I'm by no means a Jets fan, but this is just ridiculous.

I really don't understand where you come from with your posts. The OP cited several criteria all converging on the Jets at the same time, which could very easily result in a 2-3 record (and perhaps 3 games out of first) two Sundays from today.

Yes, for a blowhard head coach who predicted (once again) that his team would win the SB, that's a disaster.

I'm with the OP. If the Jets lose in Baltimore and against the Pats, the media will start calling him on the bravado. It's all really cute when you win....but start losing and the NY media will have Ryan on the cover of the NY Post in a tootoo (sp?).

I am with ya Joe.......all these other posters must not be aware that the jets should be 1-2 right now........that week 1 fluke win vs the cowboys is keeping them afloat........f the jets ......they have beating the bills down the last few years......i must say it would be fun to see buffalo smoke those jets......

sanchez stinks if the defense aint there its OVA.......GO BILLS

The Jets biggest loss by far in the off season is Brad Smith. He was so valuable on their special teams and came in and made huge plays to make up for their inept offense.

He literally won them a few games last year. Yes and with the help of the defense too.

He was an irritant to play against thats for sure.

But I think a bigger loss was Braylon Edwards and thinking they could replace him with plax. Edwards and Holmes complimented each other well with Edwards moving the chains and Holmes the big play guy. Plax is more a red zone threat on corner routes but he's not mobile enough to be the asset Edward was moving the chains in space.

They also did nothing to address their running situation thinking LTs worn out legs would magically get younger and the unaccomplished Greene would have a bust out year. Neither is happening and now they have exposed sanchez to greater pressure.

They cant run the ball

I was just saying the same thing to a buddy of mine yesterday. The Jets are primed for an implosion. I'm not say it will happen; but a mini losing streak could easily make the wheels come off that team. All the bragging and egos are great as long as you're winning. But, lose a few and it all sounds completely different.