NFL TV map, week 4

FluffHead

For the life of me, I don't know why NYC NEVER shows the Bills, unless they're playing against 1 of the 2 Jersey teams.

Dear NYC,

BUFFALO IS THE ONLY TEAM IN YOUR STATE!

Are you serious? That is an ignorant statement - nobody in NYC/NJ/CT gives a rats ass about Buffalo or the Bills, except for those of us that have transplanted ourselves from WNY. If the Bills played in niagara falls, ontario and the giants or jets played in NYC or even White plains...who would you root for?

Buffalo is totally irrelevent to anyone in NYC...

I don't find his analysis particularly insightful and I think he makes too many mistakes.

Loved him as a player of course, but I find when he does Bills games, he goes out of his way not to sound partisan. However, with the very likely blackout in the Cincy market, maybe he'll ease up a little on that this Sunday.

Are you serious? That is an ignorant statement - nobody in NYC/NJ/CT gives a rats ass about Buffalo or the Bills, except for those of us that have transplanted ourselves from WNY. If the Bills played in niagara falls, ontario and the giants or jets played in NYC or even White plains...who would you root for?

Politically, sports, economics, you're right. I'd bet 85% of the folks living in the five boroughs can't find Buffalo on a map because that city is so self-centered. They can't even remember that a plane hit the Pentagon or a field in Penna., FFS.

Why does that little pocket of AK, TN, and MS get the NE/Oak game when all around it carries Den/GBB Just a little patch of green in a sea of red.

GO BILLS!!!

Usually when you see that, it has something to do with where a key player in the game is from, or where he played in college. For example, we'll sometimes get random Chargers games here in the Raleigh-Durham area because Philip Rivers played for NC State.

Andrew Catalon is a local Albany sportscaster who got some national exposure doing Curling, yes Curling, during the last Olympics. This will be his first NFL game. I am sure when they assigned him to Cincy/Bills they were expecting two 0-3 teams to be battling it out. Surprise, surprise. And good luck Andrew

I actually like Tasker.

On the other hand, who the hell is Andrew Catalon?

Usually when you see that, it has something to do with where a key player in the game is from, or where he played in college. For example, we'll sometimes get random Chargers games here in the Raleigh-Durham area because Philip Rivers played for NC State.

In this case, it's almost certainly former Razorback Darren McFadden.

For the life of me, I don't know why NYC NEVER shows the Bills, unless they're playing against 1 of the 2 Jersey teams.

Dear NYC,

BUFFALO IS THE ONLY TEAM IN YOUR STATE!

Geography.

After the 2 NJ teams, the following teams are closer to NYC than the Bills: Eagles, Patriots, Ravens, Redskins & even the Steelers. That makes 7 teams in closer proximity to NFL fans in NYC than the Buffalo Bills.

When I lived in Suffolk County, Long Island in the 1980s, I was able to go to the mall & buy Philadelphia Eagles tickets at either Ticketron or Ticketmaster. When I went to the Bills/Eagles game in 1987, I bought my ticket at a mall on LI. They were not selling tickets to Bills games.

Tell this to the riot police (and fireman) who were dispersed to the two overflowing Bills bars on 42nd & 2nd in NYC on Sunday ;). Anyway, I get where you're coming from, but the "ignorant" part was completely uncalled for.

Wow ... at this point Dallas, KC and St Louis are blacked out.

They are blacked out for the CBS national game coverage, because that team plays a home game and that game is telecast on Fox. Under NFL's TV contract rules, CBS & Fox alternate NFL doubleheaders, and CBS has the double header this week.