I dont get the Love fest with Romo

ALLEN1QB

It was difficult watching last nights game. Jaws almost made me puke ranting about how Romo is so awsome... look he is even coaching on the sidelines etc. He could not even get in the endzone. Fitz is 10X better give me a break. I just dont understand how this guy is considered an elite QB!!Ok Now I feel better LOL

You're not the only one. You've got to read this...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/tony-romo-is-super-awesome-and-amazing/2011/09/27/gIQAJkhs0K_blog.html

He's the QB for a team with probably the largest fan base in the country. That's all you need to know.

Ugh, Have know Idea why I drafted him for my fantasy team. I would have been better off starting Schaub.

Edited by mattsox

I will even go out on a limb here and say I question if Romo even broke his ribs or if this wasnt just a fabrication to take the pressure off his game one choke job. If you think about it he went from heavy scrutiny to being heralded as the second comming because of it....genius! And did you notice who was providing all the injury updates through out the week? Old Jerry...other than the Colts you normally dont see an owner that engaged in a players health....But Jerrys a showman with a big expensive stadium to fill this season, this is all purely speculation on my part, but hypothetically if this was true it would of been the biggest PR move ever.....Texas Big!

I will even go out on a limb here and say I question if Romo even broke his ribs or if this wasnt just a fabrication to take the pressure off his game one choke job. If you think about it he went from heavy scrutiny to being heralded as the second comming because of it....genius! And did you notice who was providing all the injury updates through out the week? Old Jerry...other than the Colts you normally dont see an owner that engaged in a players health....But Jerrys a showman with a big expensive stadium to fill this season, this is all purely speculation on my part, but hypothetically if this was true it would of been the biggest PR move ever.....Texas Big!

Would it be different if that information came from the teams GM?

Danny White II

Danny White took the Cowboys to 3 straight NFC Championships. That means he won multiple playoff games. There is a video in the hall of fame and a NFL Greatest Games video of him leading the Cowboys to monster comeback on the Road vs Atlanta in the playoffs.

More like Steve Pelluer II.

Tony Romo can't carry Danny White's gym bag.

Edited by reddogblitz

If Fitz won a game with a cracked rib and punctured lung people here would be going crazy. Yet because it's the cowpukes we sh#t on a guy who does that?

Bills fans went absolutely berserk because Rob Johnson ran 20 yards in one shoe to get a field goal. You know who could run down a frozen field in one sock and one shoe? A six year-old.

It was difficult watching last nights game. Jaws almost made me puke ranting about how Romo is so awsome... look he is even coaching on the sidelines etc. He could not even get in the endzone. Fitz is 10X better give me a break. I just dont understand how this guy is considered an elite QB!!Ok Now I feel better LOL

Fitz may be equal to Romo someday. He may even be better than Romo someday. But that day is not today.

Romo has certainly had more opportunities than Fitz has.

Romo's got

- excellent stats playing on a kind-of mixed-up madhouse team

-3 playoff appearances in his first 4 years as a starter

-an overall record of 40W-25L (comes to just under 10W a season)

-an overall QB rating of 95.5%

Plus he's man-tough, and he seems to be an OK guy.

What more do you want, short of a Superbowl ring?

That said I'm not so persuaded that the Cowboys are a great team right now. Because of their market share and the cachet of being "America's Team" each year they seem to have their ticket punched for post-season success, and they often go, but they sit down early. I watched part of last night's game, and really couldn't tell if I was looking at great defense, or "meh" offense.

I finally decided "meh" offense, though they are big and can be physical.

Ugh, Have know Idea why I drafted him for my fantasy team. I would have been better off starting Schaub.

Well, yes. And you didn't know that before the draft, why?

I watched the game, but didn't hear much of the commentary. I can't speak to what was said last night, but for the most part I don't hear people talk about Romo in the elite tier of QB's. Maybe in the 2nd tier. I think he may be overhyped at that even. I don't watch a ton of Cowboys games, but when I see him I see a lot of miscommunication and mishaps. What was the deal with Romo and his center last night? Romo seems to lash out at his teammates frequently as well. I have to question his leadership.

You're not the only one. You've got to read this...

http://www.washingto...khs0K_blog.html

OK, I do appreciate the frustration of being a Redskins fan.

It's probably hard to hold your head up when Oakland stole Jason Campbell for a 4th round pick and a used Harley head gasket....

all so that Donovan McNabb could reveal an epic fail as your QB and leave your team with its snaps being taken by Rex Grossman.

I am of the opinion that much of his MNF antics were a calculated theatrical display. He knew he was getting a lot of face time on national TV and his constant grimmacing and on-field displays of frustration with his teammates left me thinking he was campaigning for something. Given how his game with the Jets ended and all the criticism that came with it, maybe he was just trying to turn the heat down. I am normally not so cynical so maybe this is the wrong take in this case, as well.

What was the deal with Romo and his center last night? Romo seems to lash out at his teammates frequently as well. I have to question his leadership.

Told the wife just that tonight. She is also a big Bills fans and hates the cowboys as well. Romo was yelling at everybody on the field on national TV in from of god and country. That's not leadership. Fitz (who I think is an excellent leader) would never do that nor would Roger Staubach or Peyton Manning. Maybe say something in the huddle or on the sidelines. That looked bad.

As far as the center. Everyone's blaming him. They showed several of the plays on ESPN todayt. On one of them the Center hiked the ball and no one else moved. Center's fault. On the next one they showed the Center hiked the ball and everyone moved except Tony. Clearly HE forgot the snap count on that one.

The Cowboys say that the Redskins were calling signals which is clearly a penalty. I can't imagine that Jim Haslett would tell his guys to cheat. They want the league to investigate.

Sounds to me like more of this Seattle snuck in a slick ball nonsense.

Romo was yelling at everybody on the field on national TV in from of god and country. That's not leadership. Fitz (who I think is an excellent leader) would never do that nor would Roger Staubach or Peyton Manning.

Manning yells at his guys all the time - WR, OL, you name it. In fact, I'm not sure I've seen a QB yell at his teammates more than Manning. Brady does as well. Marino did - hell, Kelly did every now and then.

As for the whole "Fitz would never do that" stuff - the guy has started barely more than a season's worth of games, let him get totally entrenched in the position and see what he does. New QBs don't go out there yelling at teammates, entrenched starters who have been leaders for awhile do.

You would think that the talking heads would be less impressed by a QB who not only hasn't won a playoff game, but is single handedly responsible for blowing it

Agreed, but it doesn't matter. He's still the QB for the Dallas Cowboys. This is why he gets a lot of press.

And he has won a playoff game, even though (I think) he's 1-3 in the playoffs.