I dont get the Love fest with Romo

ALLEN1QB

It was difficult watching last nights game. Jaws almost made me puke ranting about how Romo is so awsome... look he is even coaching on the sidelines etc. He could not even get in the endzone. Fitz is 10X better give me a break. I just dont understand how this guy is considered an elite QB!!Ok Now I feel better LOL

Edited by BLEDSOE1QB

i actually dont think the nfc east is anything that great this year. normally i would say that that division is the strongest, but i see philly about to let it all unravel. the skins seem to be doing ok. i am sorry but i just cant get on this romo/stars train after watching them play. the giants might be the best of them all and they look like a 10-6 team, not what we have seen in years past from this division

also i think if romo played for any other team we would never be talking about him. just another mid to upper level qb in the nfl. worse than eli and eli is ranked something like 11th. that makes him about 13th-ish. congratulations you are the definition of average at your job, and everybody fawns over you?

It was difficult watching last nights game. Jaws almost made me puke ranting about how Romo is so awsome... look he is even coaching on the sidelines etc. He could not even get in the endzone. Fitz is 10X better give me a break. I just dont understand how this guy is considered an elite QB!!Ok Now I feel better LOL

I like Romo - though I don't think anybody consideres the guy elite. I like him for many of the same reasons I like Fitz. The guy's a tough SOB who plays his heart out. Sure he'll cost you games with dubious decision making at times but he cares and it shows.

If Fitz won a game with a cracked rib and punctured lung people here would be going crazy. Yet because it's the cowpukes we sh#t on a guy who does that?

I thought Romo's performance last night was very good. That Cowboy team is dessimated right now with injuries and what not, and to steal a win from a good Skins team was simply amazing if you ask me?

Not a Romo Fanboi by the way, just calling it as I see it. :)

Tim-

I thought Romo's performance last night was very good. That Cowboy team is dessimated right now with injuries and what not, and to steal a win from a good Skins team was simply amazing if you ask me?

Tim-

I agree. I don't think Romo is a world beater by any stretch of the imagination. All you have to see is that he has never won a playoff game. However, last night he showed some toughness and lead his team to victory after dealing with a great amount of adversity (4 fumbled snaps by his C, his injuries, his teammates injuries, etc). These are tough odds to come back from and he was able to do it.

I agree. I don't think Romo is a world beater by any stretch of the imagination. All you have to see is that he has never won a playoff game. However, last night he showed some toughness and lead his team to victory after dealing with a great amount of adversity (4 fumbled snaps by his C, his injuries, his teammates injuries, etc). These are tough odds to come back from and he was able to do it.

So is being down 21-3 and 21-0 in back to back games and coming out with a win. :D

He is the new Teddy Brushi. Makes me wanna puke. If Cowturd has to tell everyone how good Romo is all the time it might just be that he isn't that great. Does he have to tell everyone how good Brady, Manning, Rodgers, or Brees are?

?

He has a lifetime QB rating of 95.9, a completion percentage of 64.0, and a ypa of 7.9. He has thrown 122 TDs and 63 INTs. In the games that he's started, the Cowboys are 41-26. His lifetime sack rate is a quite low 4.9 percent. I think the question that needs to be asked is rather why is this guy so underrated??

He is the new Teddy Brushi. Makes me wanna puke. If Cowturd has to tell everyone how good Romo is all the time it might just be that he isn't that great. Does he have to tell everyone how good Brady, Manning, Rodgers, or Brees are?

That's all Cowherd did today for 2 hours was slob all over Romo's knob. And of course it's all because Cowherd told him to turn his hat around because wearing it backwards means you aren't mature enough to be an NFL starting QB. :wallbash:

Edited by biglukes

Romo gets the attention because he is in the most glamorous position in the entire NFL, the quarterback of the Cowboys. He isn't a bad QB, and Fitz may by playing just as good as him now, but 10x better, come on, is there no common sense here?

?

He has a lifetime QB rating of 95.9, a completion percentage of 64.0, and a ypa of 7.9. He has thrown 122 TDs and 63 INTs. In the games that he's started, the Cowboys are 41-26. His lifetime sack rate is a quite low 4.9 percent. I think the question that needs to be asked is rather why is this guy so underrated??

I can't stand the Cowboys and never could, but you are correct, if it wasn't for 3 or 4 single plays in crucial situations, Romo would be a considered a top 2-5 quarterback in the NFL. Kinda like Bill Buckner, he was a steady player for years and years, almost 3,000 hits but will always be remembered for Mookie Wilson's dribbler up the first base line (I am a Mets fan so I loved it).

Tim-

I thought he did well last night. The cowboys played awful and Romo got them in position to win late in the game. You could tell he was in pain too from his broken rib. I don't think he is elite by any stretch of the imagination but he is a solid NFL QB for one of the biggest fanbases in the league, hes going to get his airtime.

Ill still take the Beard tho :)

O and Sanchez is awful, even jests fans say so

Romo gets the attention because he is in the most glamorous position in the entire NFL, the quarterback of the Cowboys. He isn't a bad QB, and Fitz may by playing just as good as him now, but 10x better, come on, is there no common sense here?

I can't stand the Cowboys and never could, but you are correct, if it wasn't for 3 or 4 single plays in crucial situations, Romo would be a considered a top 2-5 quarterback in the NFL. Kinda like Bill Buckner, he was a steady player for years and years, almost 3,000 hits but will always be remembered for Mookie Wilson's dribbler up the first base line (I am a Mets fan so I loved it).

As crazy as we are about buffalo games, I often get the feeling that our fanbase doesn't watch as much outside our games as we could. Id venture that very few have seen enough games to have any idea how well romo has played. Take out that flubbed snap in the playoffs and he's not top 5 but certainly wouldn't have this grossman-esque reputation of screwing up every game ever and ruining his team.

with the way espn was going on about him you would think he saved children from a burning building

Cowboys are going nowhere

There job is to make the game dramatic and exciting - not a matchup between to crappy teams with awful qbs. Of course they are going to heap praise. Especially with a decent qb for "Americas team"