Trade...

Dragonborn10

First I know Buddy wants to build through the draft and I know in-seas0n trades are rare. But this team and the city for that matter deserves every chance to make the playoffs this year. They need a pass rusher and/or a DB. Trades need willing partners and in my mind that means a team that knows this season is already or soon to be lost.

I would propose next years second round pick and next years Ravens 4th for Champ Bailey. Denver is going nowhere. A second rund pick may be enough to start the discussion and the extra 4th might get it done.

I really do not know of any good edge rushers on bad teams except maybe Cameron Wake but an intra-division trade is less likely to happen.

Other options? Winfield is old but Minnesota is old and falling fast. He might be had for cheap. Nate Clements is on the Bengals now? Any interest there?

Flame away...

First I know Buddy wants to build through the draft and I know in-seas0n trades are rare. But this team and the city for that matter deserves every chance to make the playoffs this year. They need a pass rusher and/or a DB. Trades need willing partners and in my mind that means a team that knows this season is already or soon to be lost.

I would propose next years second round pick and next years Ravens 4th for Champ Bailey. Denver is going nowhere. A second rund pick may be enough to start the discussion and the extra 4th might get it done.

I really do not know of any good edge rushers on bad teams except maybe Cameron Wake but an intra-division trade is less likely to happen.

Other options? Winfield is old but Minnesota is old and falling fast. He might be had for cheap. Nate Clements is on the Bengals now? Any interest there?

Flame away...

What is with you people who want to bring back old has beens. WTF!

One thing that right now I cannot argue one bit with is the kind of players that Buddy has brought in. They are almost all big, tough, smart, emotional, leaders. He is just ignoring a lot of players that do not fit that style, so a lot of players that become available (or aren't but fans just want) are simply not considered. I'm not saying any of the aforementioned player do or do not fit that prototype, but I think it's been a big factor in the resilience we have seen from this team. And a reason I don't think they are going to be overconfident.

One thing that right now I cannot argue one bit with is the kind of players that Buddy has brought in. They are almost all big, tough, smart, emotional, leaders. He is just ignoring a lot of players that do not fit that style, so a lot of players that become available (or aren't but fans just want) are simply not considered. I'm not saying any of the aforementioned player do or do not fit that prototype, but I think it's been a big factor in the resilience we have seen from this team. And a reason I don't think they are going to be overconfident.

What's the quote from that move Miracle... I'm not looking for the best players; I'm looking for the right players.

<br />What is with you people who want to bring back old has beens. WTF!<br />
. Uh.... Champ Bailey is a Has been? Yes, he's on the downside, but not a has been. He'd be our best cb for the next 2 years easy, maybe more. I'm not a fan of these crazy trade proposals, as trades rarely happen, but I'd make that trade. It would give us a legit chance to compete for something beyond a wild card.

1) Buddy Nix has shown himself to be a wily old fox, and a shrewd judge of character, in that his first big decision was to have made Chan Gailey his Head Coach. He also fired Tom Modrak. Points must be given for these two moves. Nix also brought in Dave Wannstedt. Smmmoooottthhh........ At this rate, this man is a lock for "GM of the Year".

2) Chan Gailey is a very, very, very good offensive coach. Straight talking, no bullschtuff, creative-as-hell. At this rate, this man is a lock for "Coach of the Year".

3) I'm SO glad that these two men are making decisions related to the roster, and not the inbred idiots on this board.

Jesus, step away from the keyboard with this crap.

By the way, has anyone seen The Dean? If so, give him my best. The board's not the same without him.

What's the quote from that move Miracle... I'm not looking for the best players; I'm looking for the right players.

Exactly!!!

Stay the course, I say.

By the way, has anyone seen The Dean? If so, give him my best. The board's not the same without him.

PM'd him a while back… wondering that myself. Heard second hand that he's doing fine… but no indication for his hiatus.

No. No. No. Stay the course. We need to add picks, not get older.

Whoops… I was quoting you without realizing it.

What is with you people who want to bring back old has beens. WTF!

But we have heard of him!!

I'd take that package and give Philly a call about acquiring Assante Samuel.

Would be a nice pick up, but he maybe too expensive considering the Bills soon will have three contract extensions to sign.