Trade...

Dragonborn10

Would be a nice pick up, but he maybe too expensive considering the Bills soon will have three contract extensions to sign.

It's not only the extensions for Fitz, Stevie, and (hopefully) Fred.

On top of those three, Demetrius Bell is an unrestricted free agent after this season.

So is Bryan Scott. So is Chad Rinehart. So is Eric Pears. So is Andra Davis and Scott Chandler.

Then there's a handful of restricted free agents including Kraig Urbik.

No way do I want us to pick up an expensive veteran DB on the downside of his career.

If we were one player away from being a legit Super Bowl contender, maybe.

Any midseason trade would probably do more harm than good. It would be seen as a lack of confidence by the FO in the team already on the field. The new guy could be a distraction and might not buy into Gailey's mentality. Think Ocho in NE, but taking place midseason.

Plus at this point of our team's development, the picks are more valuable to us.

It's not only the extensions for Fitz, Stevie, and (hopefully) Fred.

On top of those three, Demetrius Bell is an unrestricted free agent after this season.

So is Bryan Scott. So is Chad Rinehart. So is Eric Pears. So is Andra Davis and Scott Chandler.

Then there's a handful of restricted free agents including Kraig Urbik.

No way do I want us to pick up an expensive veteran DB on the downside of his career.

If we were one player away from being a legit Super Bowl contender, maybe.

In all fairness - outside of fitz, stevie and bell - none of those guys should be expecting raises in the order of 5m a year. Most will stay flat or close to it. Even Freddie likely won't get huge money at his age. Good money but not crazy.

That said, no, the idea to make a big trade is awful.

In all fairness - outside of fitz, stevie and bell - none of those guys should be expecting raises in the order of 5m a year. Most will stay flat or close to it. Even Freddie likely won't get huge money at his age. Good money but not crazy.

That said, no, the idea to make a big trade is awful.

Demetrius Bell, Rinehart, Chandler, and Pears, are all on bargain basement contracts… for instance, Bell is making $550K for this year.

So IMO, the team payroll is gonna go up big time with all the players we've already mentioned. Also, Andy Levitre will be in the last year of his contract in 2012. He's gonna get a huge raise… currently he's on a 4-year, $3.56 million contract.

That $30+ million unused portion of the cap is gonna disappear really quickly, I think.

First I know Buddy wants to build through the draft and I know in-seas0n trades are rare. But this team and the city for that matter deserves every chance to make the playoffs this year. They need a pass rusher and/or a DB. Trades need willing partners and in my mind that means a team that knows this season is already or soon to be lost.

I would propose next years second round pick and next years Ravens 4th for Champ Bailey. Denver is going nowhere. A second rund pick may be enough to start the discussion and the extra 4th might get it done.

I really do not know of any good edge rushers on bad teams except maybe Cameron Wake but an intra-division trade is less likely to happen.

Other options? Winfield is old but Minnesota is old and falling fast. He might be had for cheap. Nate Clements is on the Bengals now? Any interest there?

Flame away...

Baily and others are OOOLD and They ain't trading Wake to us. You need to relax man, you act like we are going to collapse. This isnt the old days of bad QBs, small players and bad coaching. Although Edwards need to get it in gear and call some friggin blitzes, we need to hire Kevin Greene next year.

I look at this season almost like a bonus year. I thought they would be better (7-8 wins) but their best days were ahead of them. None of the key components are on the downside of their careers, so their best years are still ahead of them. The only exception may be Fred Jackson.

They still need to build and get more players so I say stay the course and keep building. Right now they have the so-called "value players" (Johnson, Fitz, Jackson, even Levitre and Bell) so they will have to pay them up to market value. It's then important to keep amassing value players. Guys like Kelvin Sheppard, Aaron Williams, even Dareus if he becomes elite. Don't stray from the plan because of 3-0, remember Denver started 6-0 (?) a couple of years ago and see where they are today.