When did we really start getting better ??

Scrappy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know. But in 40+ years of the franchise... The Bills didn't win a with zero seconds on the clock until a few years ago when they beat the Raiders... Now,. it happened again... Other teams seem to do this in their sleep. Just like the Sabres coming back from a 2-1 series deficit... What are they? Like 0-14 or something. Seems the Bruins do it int heir sleep every series! :wallbash:

Maybe BFLO's luck is changing!

Again luck has to be a little. Not getting the TD call, BFLO was able to run the clock so it would be at zero on the kick.

This.

Chan has been nothing short of amazing as well. For the record, when the GM position was open, I openly opined about a Nix/Schottenheimer duo. I can see now why they decided to go in a different direction. Chan's track record with signal callers has been amazing, and with the QB friendly league we have been introduced to, it seems to be the right choice. Early favorite for coach of the year.

The offense starting getting better when Chan named Fitz and Freddy starters. Fitz helped to make Stevie a featured receiver. Moving Wood to center was a catalyst.

The defensive made some strides when they started giving Kyle Williams more reps, but the improvement really gained traction by getting bigger on the line with Dareus, and better at MLB with Barnett.

The Bills ability to contain the run this year is a huge improvement over last season.

There's no doubt it IS Nix, because that's the day the philosophy changed. Then he went out and got a coach that was likeminded. They talked about getting bigger and tougher, and they have. They don't care when you're drafted, they care if you can play.

It is so refreshing to listen to Buddy, Chan and Fitz. Compare the pressers from Brady and Bill. Total Aholes.

I think they really started to get better last season during that brutal stretch where they kept losing in OT. They came up short against some good teams like Pittsburgh and Baltimore. But they fought hard, didn't give up, and came together as a team.

Now they're learning how to win.

I think they really started to get better last season during that brutal stretch where they kept losing in OT. They came up short against some good teams like Pittsburgh and Baltimore. But they fought hard, didn't give up, and came together as a team.

Now they're learning they've learned how to win.

Fixed.

By getting real leaders and developing players to buy into a system. Team above individuals. Players who are hungry and share the same vision and goal of bringing winning football To Buffalo. So Yes When Buddy Nix was hired, and I'll throw in Doug Whaley as well

When they got rid of the overpriced, overrated deadwood:

Edwards.

Lynch.

McCargo.

Posluszny.

Whitner.

Maybin.

And yes, sorry to say: Evans.

The guys here now? They earned the right to be here. They want to be here.

I used to think there were better guys on the street than our GMs brought in. Nix changed that.

I also used to think there were better guys on the sidelines than our coaches were playing on the field. Gailey changed that.

I used to think there were better guys on the street than our GMs brought in. Nix changed that.

I also used to think there were better guys on the sidelines than our coaches were playing on the field. Gailey changed that.

Wonderfully stated!

It might not be pleasant to think about, but it might be the day Ralph became physically unable to meddle with any of the critical decisions facing the franchise.

You may be right. :thumbsup:

Edwards.

Lynch.

McCargo.

Posluszny.

Whitner.

Maybin.

Gotta agree with this too. :thumbsup: Edited by Rico

Edwards.

Lynch.

McCargo.

Posluszny.

Whitner.

Maybin.

Absolutely right. I don't miss anyone on that list one iota. That crowd would have rolled over and played dead at 21-0. I credit Nix and Chan for sharing a vision about the kind of guys they wanted on the field.