GOAL POSTS COME DOWN....

papazoid

My buddy says staff took them down becuase they were concerned that the fans were going to do it themselves.

Makes sense.

Fans are still in their seats, and security doesn't seem concerned with it coming down.

Link

i think they knew we were gonna storm the field, so to make sure the security people didn't get hurt, they lowered them themselves.....lucky for them.

It's also so fans don't get injured... and then sue the team. Because no matter what the back of the ticket says, there would be lawsuits and legal costs.

Easier in the long run to just have staff loosen some bolts.

And instead of the team looking like inveterate pricks, we fans get the sense that they actually give a sh-- about what today's win means.

Edited by UConn James

We're so pacifified nowadays... The MIA game... My future wife who is all passive and a total liberal being one of the first with the guts to jump down off the wall onto the field... And then the issuing flood gates of fans pouring down... Big fun... Kids noiwadays can't have a little fun!!! Then were the days when you could actually do stuff and people had the gumption!

Maybe back then it was more of a defensive mechanism... Yiou had to rush the field... It was the safest thing to do!

It wouldn't surprise me to see it happen if the Bills clinch the playoffs at home. But it doesn't happen in the NFL like it once did, so it might be a longshot.

The goalposts coming down is an AFL tradition. The first time I saw it was in the late 1970's when the Broncos beat the Raiders to get to the Superbowl. I was like 10.

We're so pacifified nowadays... The MIA game... My future wife who is all passive and a total liberal being one of the first with the guts to jump down off the wall onto the field... And then the issuing flood gates of fans pouring down... Big fun... Kids noiwadays can't have a little fun!!! Then were the days when you could actually do stuff and people had the gumption!

Maybe back then it was more of a defensive mechanism... Yiou had to rush the field... It was the safest thing to do!

No stevestojan! You don't want to go in the lots for ~45 minutes. Even after a win.