GOAL POSTS COME DOWN....

papazoid

No stevestojan! You don't want to go in the lots for ~45 minutes. Even after a win.

That too. What I was remembering was the rush in the stands... The safest outlet was the wide open field inistead of getting crushed in the stands... The wall was the emergency spillway! :D My wife... Funny... Always looking to AVOID the crowd... :lol: We park miles away in a parking lot... No wonder, it was her "flight mechanism" that made her go over the wall first!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I was sort of surprised that they included the goalposts coming down in 1980 in the video for the Red, White, and Blue song they played before the game. At the time it seemed almost like they knew fans would tear down the posts if we won this game, and they were condoning it by providing examples.

Anyone who saw the extra security lining up near the end of the game should realize that the Bills will never again let a mob of fans on the field after the game.

When the goalposts came down, there was no danger of anyone getting on the field. I don't know why they did it, but it had nothing to do with a fear of fans running on the field to tear them down. At that point fans were either still in there seats or headed to the exits. Nobody in the stands was headed towards the field, with the possible exception of the players' kids.

I was sort of surprised that they included the goalposts coming down in 1980 in the video for the Red, White, and Blue song they played before the game. At the time it seemed almost like they knew fans would tear down the posts if we won this game, and they were condoning it by providing examples.

Back in the 1980s the team didn't seem to mind it. In fact, the fans would take part of the goalposts up to Ralph & he enjoyed it. Unfortunately, that was before the 1991 debacle of fans cutting up pieces of the turf, 9/11/01 and NFL mandates of security that were unimaginable 20-30 years ago. Even in baseball, where fans used to storm the field when their team won the pennant and/or World Series, the field has become impenetrabe for mobs of fans after the game.

We live in very different times in terms of stadium security than we did in the 1980s and before then.

Edited by Albany,n.y.

In today's legal climate it's probably a felony under some terrorism statute that could put you in solitary for 30 years.

I came home and me and two of my drunken buddies tore down my son's basketball hoop instead :)

In today's legal climate it's probably a felony under some terrorism statute that could put you in solitary for 30 years.

I came home and me and two of my drunken buddies tore down my son's basketball hoop instead :)

You know Howard Simon? Monday, on his show, he mentioned that's what he also did.