A different perspective...

eball

...NEXT week. Let's face it, there's about a 20-25% chance the Bills win on Sunday. So if the likely result occurs, the team's ability to regroup and get a W in Cinci is crucial. A 3-1 start is still fantastic, but if they get too down about a L to the Pats* they could drop to 2-2 in a hurry, with Philly coming to town in Week 5.

And if by some chance the Bills DO beat the odds and win on Sunday, they can't afford to take themselves too seriously and overlook the Bengals. I feel like this group won't allow that to happen, but they're still a young team.

So while I'm unbelievably excited about the matchup vs. NE* this week, I'm also looking ahead to the most important game of the season in Week 4.

...NEXT week. Let's face it, there's about a 20-25% chance the Bills win on Sunday. So if the likely result occurs, the team's ability to regroup and get a W in Cinci is crucial. A 3-1 start is still fantastic, but if they get too down about a L to the Pats* they could drop to 2-2 in a hurry, with Philly coming to town in Week 5.

And if by some chance the Bills DO beat the odds and win on Sunday, they can't afford to take themselves too seriously and overlook the Bengals. I feel like this group won't allow that to happen, but they're still a young team.

So while I'm unbelievably excited about the matchup vs. NE* this week, I'm also looking ahead to the most important game of the season in Week 4.

Damn, bro.

Agreed. Based on what we've seen so far, going into the bye 4-2 seems attainable and reasonable. The Bengals is the critical must-win. Then we just need to grab one win from NE/Philly/NYG.

I think the Bills can beat anyone, including the Pats. But I also think they are very much still in the "can EASILY lose to almost anyone" zone. People who are just writing off various games as obvious wins are jumping the gun IMO. I'd be as happy as anyone to crush the Pats and head into the bye 6-0. But I will still feel great about the progress of the team if they can just get 2 wins in the next 4 games.

Edited by Last Guy on the Bench

The Patriots are suspect on DEF right now. Patrick Chung has been ruled out for the game, Myron Pryor is done for the season, and Mike Wright is battling a concussion. They literally have nothing outside of Wilfork on their DLine...also, Haynesworth hasn't practiced this week with a back injury. We need a stellar game out of our DEF and if we can score points like we have the past two weeks, we will be fine.

Bills 32, NE 27.

#billsmafia OUT.

They are all big, aren't they?

I still think the first Jets game will be the most imortant, especially if we lose this week. To get to the playoffs, you have to knock off either the Pats or Jets.

Btw, I think the Raiders will sweep their next two games... :thumbsup:

They are all big, aren't they?

I still think the first Jets game will be the most imortant, especially if we lose this week. To get to the playoffs, you have to knock off either the Pats or Jets.

Btw, I think the Raiders will sweep their next two games... :thumbsup:

Of course they're all big. My point isn't that a win against Cincy enables the Bills to cruise; it's just that a LOSS to Cincy (particularly if the Bills lose this Sunday) would be devastating. I'm simply playing percentages.

Related, the Bungles may be without Cedric Benson Week 4... Appealing his 3-game suspension this coming week: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7005736/sources-cincinnati-bengals-rb-cedric-benson-facing-3-game-suspension

:thumbsup:

I was going to post this Cereal...man, this is huge news for next weeks game.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

One week at a time ... That is how they are played ...

The Patriots are suspect on DEF right now. Patrick Chung has been ruled out for the game, Myron Pryor is done for the season, and Mike Wright is battling a concussion. They literally have nothing outside of Wilfork on their DLine...also, Haynesworth hasn't practiced this week with a back injury. We need a stellar game out of our DEF and if we can score points like we have the past two weeks, we will be fine.

Bills 32, NE 27.

#billsmafia OUT.

I am with you bro. Pats are ripe for an upset. Every prediction has the Pats winning, and the Bills are still vastly underrated. This will be a shootout and the Amish Rifle and company should be able to light up that weak secondary. We need some stops on Brady. That is the key to this game. I read yesterday Brady is on pace for 7,200 yards or something. If we can stop him on a few drives we will win this game. And I have a sneaking suspicion that we do win

That Bengals game can't be taken too lightly. Andy Dalton is playing surprisingly well for a rookie. He's completing 66% of his passes, has not thrown any INTs, and has a 105 QB rating. Dalton was a fantastic college QB, obviously, but one would think he'd take a few bumps and bruises as a rookie in THE LEAGUE. If he continues to play as efficiently as he has, however, the Bengals are not an easy out by any means. That being said, I agree with the OP. We have to beat the mediocre teams consistently if we want to take that next step.

I find it amusing that I do not have a strong feeling about a win against NE, but I am very worried about the Bengals game. We have owned them like the Pats have owned us. A major let down is not without strong possibility, and if you back that up with an L this weekend, Yikes.....

I hope the Bills aren't!

Must respectfully disagree on your odds this Sunday, eball, but I know that comes as no surprise ;)

However I do agree that, coming off our HUGE win against the Cheatriettes*, our young Bills players could easily fall into of looking ahead to facing Micheal Vick and the Eagles while overlooking Cincinnati, and/or taking the Bengals too lightly.

It's the very definition of a 'trap game', I think - but I'm also confident that Coach Gailey won't allow his team to fall into that trap...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!! B-)

Edited by The Senator

This week will definitely be a challenge but it feels so good to be heading into the game with the Pats at 2-0!!

Frankly, I don't think this team will allow a loss to bring them down and living down here in Eagles country I see the Eagles game as very winnable because 'The Birds' are not as good as Young was dreaming about ...