A different perspective...

eball

...NEXT week. Let's face it, there's about a 20-25% chance the Bills win on Sunday. So if the likely result occurs, the team's ability to regroup and get a W in Cinci is crucial. A 3-1 start is still fantastic, but if they get too down about a L to the Pats* they could drop to 2-2 in a hurry, with Philly coming to town in Week 5.

And if by some chance the Bills DO beat the odds and win on Sunday, they can't afford to take themselves too seriously and overlook the Bengals. I feel like this group won't allow that to happen, but they're still a young team.

So while I'm unbelievably excited about the matchup vs. NE* this week, I'm also looking ahead to the most important game of the season in Week 4.

Any coach or player worth his salt will tell you the most important game of the season is the next one.

Of course they're all big. My point isn't that a win against Cincy enables the Bills to cruise; it's just that a LOSS to Cincy (particularly if the Bills lose this Sunday) would be devastating. I'm simply playing percentages.

Agreed. That's one of my 10 wins I'm predicting, so that would def reduce the probability.

...NEXT week. Let's face it, there's about a 20-25% chance the Bills win on Sunday. So if the likely result occurs, the team's ability to regroup and get a W in Cinci is crucial. A 3-1 start is still fantastic, but if they get too down about a L to the Pats* they could drop to 2-2 in a hurry, with Philly coming to town in Week 5.

I put the odds at 50-50 against the Patsies(*). They are not the powerhouse that everyone is gushing over. Miami (yes Miami) racked up some serious yardage on them. Both defenses look bad and both offenses look great. Pats are banged up on defense as well. We have the 12th man. Turnovers will be the difference in this game. And Lindell better not miss any this week.