Is anyone worried about...

Billsrhody

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually.....he did the same thing that you are talking about on the Chandler play.

Chandler did what TE's are supposed to do....they take the ball away from a smaller secondary player. All you can do as a QB sometimes is throw it where your receiver can make a play on the ball...then its up to that receiver to make that play......

It wont always work in our favor....but on this particular day it did.

I dont know that Chandler took the ball away..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN27XJOv8dM

(1:53 mark)

It seems to me that the ball just kind of fell into his hands

I dont want to be a debby downer, but I just went back and watched the bills vs raiders highlights again (because its just that good). I couldn't help but remember the feeling I got when I thought Fitz had thrown a pick in the endzone when the ball somehow ended up in Chandlers hands..

All that CB had to do was make an average play on the ball and he would have had an easy pick, we would have lost the game, and everyone would be complaining about how Fitz doesnt have what it takes to win in the clutch. Is anyone else a little concerned by this?? I hope Fitz realizes the mistake he made and that he was fortunate, and learns from it.

Fitz dodged a bullet on that play, but then again, he is the amish rifle..

:wallbash:

News flash. The DB didn't even come close to catching that ball. He got a hand on it because that was the best he could do. Chandler caught it and it was a touchdown. In another late breaking development, if it doesn't rain today, the sun might come out.

News flash. The DB didn't even come close to catching that ball. He got a hand on it because that was the best he could do. Chandler caught it and it was a touchdown. In another late breaking development, if it doesn't rain today, the sun might come out.

Did come close to it?? Watch the video.. look at his reaction right after he realizes Chandler caught and tell me he didnt think he should have had it

I dont want to be a debby downer, but I just went back and watched the bills vs raiders highlights again (because its just that good). I couldn't help but remember the feeling I got when I thought Fitz had thrown a pick in the endzone when the ball somehow ended up in Chandlers hands..

All that CB had to do was make an average play on the ball and he would have had an easy pick, we would have lost the game, and everyone would be complaining about how Fitz doesnt have what it takes to win in the clutch. Is anyone else a little concerned by this?? I hope Fitz realizes the mistake he made and that he was fortunate, and learns from it.

I dont know that Chandler took the ball away..

youtube.com/watch?v=aN27XJOv8dM

(1:53 mark)

It seems to me that the ball just kind of fell into his hands

First....thank you for posting the video

Second.....big targets make make plays like this......the corner broke on the ball....but the TE had good position.....and larger hands came away with the ball

Yes. It has been keeping me up at night. I frequently torture myself by taking a positive outcome and rather than enjoying it, thinking about what could have gone wrong.

Ha. Ha. Ha. Thanks for the sarcasm. I don't think theres anything wrong with breaking down a big play in a game.

I doubt tortured is the right word. I'm one of the optimists, I just think we got lucky on that play.

Edited by Billsrhody

I can't help but worry about it! And the play where Jackson almost got tackled by Seymore, but he ducked under him and then ran for 11 yards. Imagine if he gets tackled there or worse yet Seymore actually took his head off! And the QB sneak where Fitz dove into the pile and got closer to 4 yards instead of just the 1 yard he needed. What if he got hurt there? Or the time he was jumping up and celebrating. He could have pulled a hamstring kinda how Ferotte hit his head in the wall and was never the same! I can hardly sleep at night!!

Actually.....he did the same thing that you are talking about on the Chandler play.

Chandler did what TE's are supposed to do....they take the ball away from a smaller secondary player. All you can do as a QB sometimes is throw it where your receiver can make a play on the ball...then its up to that receiver to make that play......

It wont always work in our favor....but on this particular day it did.

This. Plus, Chandler had the correct positioning on the db, shielding him as best as possible from the pass. While the db tried, the pass was so tight and accurate that it found it's way to the intended, positioned, target.

OP, if you're all concerned about this, you won't last the season.. Fitz IS going to put balls in tough spots for his receivers to make a play. This, to me and many others, is a wonderful change from previous Bills QB's. Period.

I was thinking that was a very Favre-like throw. So I was concerned and ecstatic at the same time.

NFL football games are almost always decided by plays that aren't made. All the great QBs throw "near picks". Montana did it on the game winning drive against the Bengals in the Super Bowl - he hit Lewis Billups right in the chest and Billups dropped the ball. A few players later, the winner to John Taylor.

There's a reason most DBs are DBs - they have terrible hands.

I would be worried if it was picked off. The alternative is that Fitz starts playing it safe and "checks down" to a safer route and morphs into Trent Edwards.:sick: