Faking Injuries

BiggieScooby

Let's follow the lead of the Gmen in Super Bowl 42 and slow down the Patriots attack anyway humanly possible.

Belichick doesn't mind cheating, and this ain't cheating, he even did it to our team back in Super Bowl 25 as defensive coordinator of the Giants.

http://www.thevictoryformation.com/2011/09/20/the-giants-fake-injuries-to-slow-down-defenses

Peyton Manning was incensed when Willie McGinnest "faked" an injury and went down to slow down a Colts drive in 38-34 regular season loss in 2003.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/12/01/sports/pro-football-the-patriots-and-mcginest-draw-a-line-in-the-turf.html

The Pats have done this in the past as well.

The solution is to disallow substitutions when players get injured and/or remove the injured player for the remainder of the series.

You have to allow substitutions, but I think the second idea is very good. Instead of having to sit out one play, make it 2 or 3.

That said, it's a little gamesmanship and it happens pretty infrequently so I don't see the need for overrecation. Thankfully it's not soccer, with some clown faking an injury every 30 seconds.

I was laughing so hard I started crying when I saw that last night. Both guys fall down at the same time, then one pops up. Man, that is hilarious. Talk about bush league.

In high school, I dated a girl and attended an Assembly of God church with her and her family (i know right?). The speaking in tongues thing really freaked me out. I never really bought any of it, but, whatever. I always thought it was strange that it was always the same handful of older wives who were routinely touched by the voice of God. Really, really weird, but, whatever.

Then one day, two different women stood up at the same time and began speaking in tongues. Both were surprised by the other, both paused a moment, then, thinking that the other had stopped, both began again in earnest at the same time. The less senior of the two finally quit and quickly sat down, while the other finished her hibbity-jibbity-dralla-blanto-lacka-lacka for anther minute.

So, my point is: If God can cross his wires, and accidentally speak through two people sitting three pews away from each other, I'm sure that he might accidentally smite more than one New York Giant at the same time, since you know, they were standing so close to one another.

BTW: I never went back to that church, my girls family stopped liking me, and we were boke up a short time later. Man, that place gave me the creeps big time. Weird I tell ya, weird.

0:)

In high school, I dated a girl and attended an Assembly of God church with her and her family (i know right?). The speaking in tongues thing really freaked me out. I never really bought any of it, but, whatever. I always thought it was strange that it was always the same handful of older wives who were routinely touched by the voice of God. Really, really weird, but, whatever.

Then one day, two different women stood up at the same time and began speaking in tongues. Both were surprised by the other, both paused a moment, then, thinking that the other had stopped, both began again in earnest at the same time. The less senior of the two finally quit and quickly sat down, while the other finished her hibbity-jibbity-dralla-blanto-lacka-lacka for anther minute.

So, my point is: If God can cross his wires, and accidentally speak through two people sitting three pews away from each other, I'm sure that he might accidentally smite more than one New York Giant at the same time, since you know, they were standing so close to one another.

BTW: I never went back to that church, my girls family stopped liking me, and we were boke up a short time later. Man, that place gave me the creeps big time. Weird I tell ya, weird.

0:)

the things we do for love . . . :blink:

Billcheat used this in Bills Giants SB time to repay that bastard

:thumbsup: to hell with etiquette, history is written by the victors. The Giants kicked the ball off the spot 5 times in SB 25, no one talks about that but they all know about Wide Right. Gamesmanship is needed to win.

I'm with the poster that said we either win like men, or we lose like men. This isn't soccer, it's American Football! If we stay mistake free against the Pats, we will be close, or even ahead. I would feel much better about that kind of performance than one that has an asterisk beside it. :)

The way I see it, even if we don't beat the Pats, the season is not over. BUT, I do think it is important that we give them one helluva game. If we can continue to not make mistakes, keep penalities low, protect Fitzbeard, and run the ball effectively, the Bills have a legitimate shot at winning the game.

Tim-

The no huddle attack is certainly a valuable tool, but relying on it heavily is asking for trouble in my opinion.

One of the big problems that no huddle teams like the Bills of the early 90s, or the Colts with Manning have had is scoring too quickly. This may sound very counter intuitive, but scoring too quickly puts your defense back on the field. If the opponent can sustain long grueling drives, while your quick strike offense either scores quickly or punts even faster, your defense is dead by the 4th quarter.

In a close game this can certainly make a big difference. The Patriots won 3 super bowls by eating up the clock through a balanced attack that moved the chains. Its no coincidence they ended each of those 3 games with the ball, and kicked winning FGs with no time left. They controlled the clock all game. When they adopted their Moss/Welker pass happy quick strike offense, they lost to a team that pounds the run and eats up time of possession.