Uhhh...we lead the league in rushing as of right now.

OCinBuffalo

We will find out if they are for real this week....

Right - because if they lose to the Patriots they will suck and we should be thinking about firing Buddy and Chan (who clearly will be too old) and drafting Andrew Luck. :wallbash:

...Just like 30 other teams in the league who also usually look bad against the Pat's*.

No kidding.

As of right now, we lead in YPG and YPC. In every way that matters, we are the #1 rushing team in the league. This was done against supposedly superior run defenses mind you. The only way we don't end up with this after tomorrow night is if the Rams run for 240+ yards. Who knows...but for today, we are #1.

So, can anyone explain to me, especially those who have been carping about Ralph being cheap, us not getting Altanta's right tackle...who was mediocre tonight, Buddy Nix being asleep at the wheel....how a terrible front office, with a terrible coach, puts together a terrible O line....that leads the league in rushing? :lol:

I know, I know, it's only week 2. However, if I had told any of you that we would be the #1 rushing team in the league....at ANY point in the season...during the preseason, you'd still be calling me names.

Time for some accountability, or, time for some excuses, or, time for some pretty darn good explanations.

Carry on.

1) It is predominantly a passing league so most teams generally pass more than run.

2) We played the Chiefs and the Raiders so far.

Don't start handing our pro bowl nods to the O-line just yet. If you can still make this post at the bye then you can be very very happy with good reason.

Nonetheless, our O needs to eat up a lot of clock to keep the Brady Bunch off the field. If it becomes their TEs against Kelsay and Bryan Scott.... well, we've already seen what happens.

It's all well and good to think we're something, but just remember that the Pats* in the recent past are often the ones who've exposed to the rest of the league exactly how to beat us, if it wasn't already obvious at that point.

Edited by UConn James

There were a lot of people saying a lot of things they know nothing about. Our WR's are the worst, Our OL is the worst, Fred jackson is average(didn't read it my self but believe it was said). And right now they are saying it's only two games, and Oakland and KC suck. KC does. If the Bills lose next week, they will be saying I told you so, even hoping the Bills do lose so they can be right. To some people, the only win that matters is NE. The Bills could go 14-2 with the 2 losses to NE and they would be pissed. EFF them.

I am realistic, NE is thus far, and until proven otherwise, better than the Bills. But if they lose, they are still Improving and i will not jump. For the people who are seething, waiting and hoping for the Bills to lose so you can get on this board next week and do your 'I told you so dance', just jump off now. Plenty of room on the Detroit bandwagon.

I've been pretty critical of of Spiller, but I have to admit, it was nice to see him come out of the closet and look like a real NFL running back yesterday . . . now hopefully he'll keep progressing to actually look like a productive top 10 first round pick. If he does, this team may have something real special.

No kidding.

As of right now, we lead in YPG and YPC. In every way that matters, we are the #1 rushing team in the league. This was done against supposedly superior run defenses mind you. The only way we don't end up with this after tomorrow night is if the Rams run for 240+ yards. Who knows...but for today, we are #1.

So, can anyone explain to me, especially those who have been carping about Ralph being cheap, us not getting Altanta's right tackle...who was mediocre tonight, Buddy Nix being asleep at the wheel....how a terrible front office, with a terrible coach, puts together a terrible O line....that leads the league in rushing? :lol:

I know, I know, it's only week 2. However, if I had told any of you that we would be the #1 rushing team in the league....at ANY point in the season...during the preseason, you'd still be calling me names.

Time for some accountability, or, time for some excuses, or, time for some pretty darn good explanations.

Carry on.

You neglected to point out that our crummy porous, turnstile of an o-line is also tied for 2nd fewest sacks (1), after facing two very respectable defensive front-sevens :thumbsup:

We're all pleasantly surprised at the play of our young oline - not surprised that they're good, but at just HOW well they've played so far. That was most definitely an unknown as the season started. And, save for the usual 'life-is-miserable'/Ralph is cheap/Nix is stupid Negative Nancy crowd that whines about almost everything on this board, the TSW posters clamoring for some free agent o-line signings weren't necessarily impugning the Bills starting o-line.

But the loss of Kraig Urbik for what looks to be an extended period - right before we face our current divisional nemesis - illustrates just how thin we are at interior o-line depth. That's why many, myself included, were clamoring for some free-agency additions like Brian Waters, Vince Manuwai, et al. With Rinehart moving up to starting RG, Colin Brown the only available backup guard on the Bills roster.

As one of the Bills most positive and optistic cheerleaders, I am still VERY concerned about o-line depth. What's your answer if, God-forbid, Rinehart or Levitre get hurt in practice this week?

Carry on.

(19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-) )

Edited by The Senator

We are using a superior scheme which has taken HS and college football by storm over the last decade but for whatever reason the NFL hasnt adjusted. Chan puts 3-4 WRs on the field every play, spreading out the D, and then runs it at the space he has created with alignment rather than execution. Then Freddie J schools people in space.

Across the league, I still see these idiot coaches around living in the past. NO in the opener and SD v NE yesterday. They have 1 yard to gain (NO was 0-3 in week 1, and SD 0-2 from what I saw), so they pack their OL and 3 TEs shoulder to shoulder, the defense then does the same thing, and all of a sudden you have 2 1/2 tons of humans in 5 square yards of space. Then you proceed to run a slow deep handoff to a RB who is somehow supposed to get through that 2 1/2 ton human wall. BRILLIANT!!!! - not.

We are using a superior scheme which has taken HS and college football by storm over the last decade but for whatever reason the NFL hasnt adjusted. Chan puts 3-4 WRs on the field every play, spreading out the D, and then runs it at the space he has created with alignment rather than execution. Then Freddie J schools people in space.

Across the league, I still see these idiot coaches around living in the past. NO in the opener and SD v NE yesterday. They have 1 yard to gain (NO was 0-3 in week 1, and SD 0-2 from what I saw), so they pack their OL and 3 TEs shoulder to shoulder, the defense then does the same thing, and all of a sudden you have 2 1/2 tons of humans in 5 square yards of space. Then you proceed to run a slow deep handoff to a RB who is somehow supposed to get through that 2 1/2 ton human wall. BRILLIANT!!!! - not.

There's good reason for this - the Mike-Leach-like spread offense simply doesn't work in the NFL, and never will.

I know this because I've been informed as much by countless football gurus on this forum. B-)

You are missing the most important statistic of the season:

New England rushing offense:

47 carries, 200 yards, 4.3ypc, 2 TDs.

They have NO balance, and yet they are the best team in the league? How come we or others can't exploit this????????

4.3 ypc will still get you first downs... they choose to pass it more, but if they need to run, it looks like they can.

We need to not be asleep on either the pass or the run, imo.