Lease Talks

as we all sit here in anticipation of this afternoon's game, i read in the NEWS this morning that ralph is anxious to get lease talks going. it was a pleasant surprise reading his comments and over all attitude that was expressed. i am not a ralph lover, usually bash him for the usual reasons, but in this instance, i could not agree with him more. he stated people want a place to watch football, not a place to have a luxurious dinner. the bills want structural improvements , which is reasonable. i truly feared that the bills were going to make all kinds of outlandish demands. i am truly impressed, being L A out there AS A BARGAINING CHIP.

as we all sit here in anticipation of this afternoon's game, i read in the NEWS this morning that ralph is anxious to get lease talks going. it was a pleasant surprise reading his comments and over all attitude that was expressed. i am not a ralph lover, usually bash him for the usual reasons, but in this instance, i could not agree with him more. he stated people want a place to watch football, not a place to have a luxurious dinner. the bills want structural improvements , which is reasonable. i truly feared that the bills were going to make all kinds of outlandish demands. i am truly impressed, being L A out there AS A BARGAINING CHIP.

Ralph is Cheap

Eerie County is Cheap

The Bills Fans are Cheap

The Corporates in Buffalo are Cheap

Ralph is Cheap

Eerie County is Cheap

The Bills Fans are Cheap

The Corporates in Buffalo are Cheap

Ralph is cheap? Negetive, maybe puts money in the wrong places but look at Kelsey, Dockery, Walker, TO, Spikes just to name a few.

Erie County is cheap? Maybe or maybe they are just confused how to run a city.

Bills fans are cheap? Even through the horrible Dickie J years we managed to break season ticket sales records.

Corporates are cheap? Ingram Micro, GEICO, and HSBC called, they want thier names taken off that list. One of the largest banks on earth, the 3rd largest insurance company that could have easily picked another city or state to have as thier east coast hub, and the worlds largest IT distributor that happens to be a fortune 75 company that I know for a fact they support the Bills and Sabres.

I'm pretty sure you were just being sarcastic. Just felt lime arguing this morning.

I feel those fancy-ass new stadiums are ruining football. There are things you can do to improve RWS...make wider concourses if possible, better bathrooms, better concessions, etc...but the stadium is fine as it is.

Well perhaps one thing...put a roof on it. Yeah yeah I know all about football in the elements, frozen tundra, and so on. But we all know people have trouble selling out RWS after November. We are getting old and soft and freezing our asses off is something we won't do anymore.

PTR

I feel those fancy-ass new stadiums are ruining football. There are things you can do to improve RWS...make wider concourses if possible, better bathrooms, better concessions, etc...but the stadium is fine as it is.

Well perhaps one thing...put a roof on it. Yeah yeah I know all about football in the elements, frozen tundra, and so on. But we all know people have trouble selling out RWS after November. We are getting old and soft and freezing our asses off is something we won't do anymore.

PTR

I don't know, Promo, here's nothing I enjoy more than watching a snow game @ the Ralph in late December -from the warm confines of my Florida living room on Sunday Ticket!..:flirt:

Ralph is cheap? Negetive, maybe puts money in the wrong places but look at Kelsey, Dockery, Walker, TO, Spikes just to name a few.

Erie County is cheap? Maybe or maybe they are just confused how to run a city.

Bills fans are cheap? Even through the horrible Dickie J years we managed to break season ticket sales records.

Corporates are cheap? Ingram Micro, GEICO, and HSBC called, they want thier names taken off that list. One of the largest banks on earth, the 3rd largest insurance company that could have easily picked another city or state to have as thier east coast hub, and the worlds largest IT distributor that happens to be a fortune 75 company that I know for a fact they support the Bills and Sabres.

I'm pretty sure you were just being sarcastic. Just felt lime arguing this morning.

HSBC stays on the list! M&T stepped up for the Ravens but have not returned Russ's call.

PTR

I agree. Instead of 800mil+ for a new stadium, 200mil "face-lift" would make the Ralph look nearly as good as a lot of other places. Plus, since we've all been going to the Ralph as is, it wouldn't take much for us to be impressed.

OK, this scares me because I know what has happened in the past. EXHIBITS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimore_Colts_relocation_controversy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Browns_relocation_controversy

He needs to sell the team FIRST and THEN worry about the lease... but of course this could be an elaborate setup. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I find it disturbing, especially in this recession/depression/whatever we are in.

This also seemed to me to be insane:

"Some of these places, to me, it's goofy. They have all these fancy restaurants inside. People come to the football game to see the game, not to have a delicious dinner. ... We want just enough money to stay competitive." -Ralph

Ralph, you can enjoy a dinner at a stadium without it costing $800 million to do it...

Edited by BmoreBills

At some point there will come a time that upkeep of THE RALPH will cost more than building a new stadium... hopefully that time is far off, because I like it this way right now. Slap a big corporate name on it, whatever, as long as the Bills stay in Buffalo.

OK, this scares me because I know what has happened in the past. EXHIBITS:

http://en.wikipedia....ion_controversy

http://en.wikipedia....ion_controversy

He needs to sell the team FIRST and THEN worry about the lease... but of course this could be an elaborate setup. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I find it disturbing, especially in this recession/depression/whatever we are in.

This also seemed to me to be insane:

"Some of these places, to me, it's goofy. They have all these fancy restaurants inside. People come to the football game to see the game, not to have a delicious dinner. ... We want just enough money to stay competitive." -Ralph

Ralph, you can enjoy a dinner at a stadium without it costing $800 million to do it...

It is inane and some would say INSANE to worry about the lease AFTER he sells.

Ralph is not selling team - go to some other team if you want a sellout.

It is inane and some would say INSANE to worry about the lease AFTER he sells.

Ralph is not selling team - go to some other team if you want a sellout.

Art Modell was a well respected owner of the Browns for decades, since 1961...!!!!!! Suddenly you're telling me it is far fetched and insane???

No, I'm sorry... we can't afford a fight over a lease before the team is sold.

Edited by BmoreBills

Ralph has had chances to move the team and hasn't, and has a great opp in LA if he wanted to take it, but instead of keeping quiet, he's talking about extending the lease, now that the CBA has been settled to his satisfaction. The lease runs out in July of 2013, so there's still 2 years, and the one holding it up is Collins. If you should be scared of anything, be scared of him.

And good to have a number for what the Bills bring to NYS ($20M annually).

Ralph has had chances to move the team and hasn't, and has a great opp in LA if he wanted to take it, but instead of keeping quiet, he's talking about extending the lease, now that the CBA has been settled to his satisfaction. The lease runs out in July of 2013, so there's still 2 years, and the one holding it up is Collins. If you should be scared of anything, be scared of him.

And good to have a number for what the Bills bring to NYS ($20M annually).

I'm scared no matter who is holding it up, because it could lead to bad blood and an excuse for the Bills to move, regardless of Ralph's feelings or the fan base. The mere TALK of a lease now could blow up and lead to grim results.

WNY doesn't exactly have the smartest politicians out there, so here's hoping to Kelly or ANYONE rescuing the Bills.

Message to Chris Collins...

Get moving on the lease. An iron clad lease agreement can make it virtually impossible to move The Bills without HUGE relocation fees-too big to even consider. Wilson has come out and said he wants a ten year extension. Do not wait to begin conversations-initiate them immediately. This is as close as Wilson has ever come to saying he'll keep the team in BFLO.

This moron said we have ""no big hurray since it doesnt expire for (under) 2 years. Wilson is 92 an dhas a broken hip.If Wilson passes away tomorrow, anyone can come , buy the team and ride out the next (one Bills season-2012) and move them out of town in July 2013 before the 2013 season ever begins.This season has started. That means there is ONE year left on the lease stupid....

Dont be a jerk off. Get the agreement in place and make certain the team stays put while the opportunity exists!

...with an escape clause to allow for building a new stadium locally if some miracle were to occur.

If the team is successful, people will pay more to see the games, and they will be able to afford to build something in a more geographically friendly location for fans located in Southern Ontario or Rochester, perhaps in Niagara or Tonawanda.

Message to Chris Collins...

Get moving on the lease. An iron clad lease agreement can make it virtually impossible to move The Bills without HUGE relocation fees-too big to even consider. Wilson has come out and said he wants a ten year extension. Do not wait to begin conversations-initiate them immediately. This is as close as Wilson has ever come to saying he'll keep the team in BFLO.

This moron said we have ""no big hurray since it doesnt expire for (under) 2 years. Wilson is 92 an dhas a broken hip.If Wilson passes away tomorrow, anyone can come , buy the team and ride out the next (one Bills season-2012) and move them out of town in July 2013 before the 2013 season ever begins.This season has started. That means there is ONE year left on the lease stupid....

Dont be a jerk off. Get the agreement in place and make certain the team stays put while the opportunity exists!

Didn't Gorski pretty much lose the County Executive job by saying something almost exactly the same.........I couldn't believe the crap that Collins was saying in that article today.