John Gruden

Roc Bronson

I really hate the Patriots. That said, Tom Brady is one of the best to ever play the position. It was amazing to watch him - and the Patriots, damn it - play tonight. I had the same feeling when I used to watch Montana. I know it sounds crazy, but we'll miss him when he's gone.

Edited by Chas56

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, it looks like Tom Brady is still an average NFL quarterback. The Best O-line award goes to the Patriots though. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Brady. That's right, I hate the fact that people think he's amazing when it's actually his O-line/The team around him. Although I do hate his cocky arrogant attitude

I also heard Gruden make a semi-plug to be the next head coach of the Dolphins....it was something to the effect of " I want to bring back the days of the rabid fans down here in South Florida". It was a bit more than that, but I didn't hear it precisely enough to quote it accurately.

If the Phins finish with another losing recored (which they will), Gruden would make alot of sense for the Phins and vice versa.

Edited by Estro

Brady had an all-worldly day. I hope he has another one next week, in time for a possible "human" performance against us on 9/25. This guy is deadly accurate and the multiple tightend sets look unguardable. They wore out the Dolphins in Miami by going no-huddle. I hope the weather in Buffalo is cool with maybe some wind and rain to slow down their attack.

Yup, it looks like Tom Brady is still an average NFL quarterback. The Best O-line award goes to the Patriots though. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Brady. That's right, I hate the fact that people think he's amazing when it's actually his O-line/The team around him. Although I do hate his cocky arrogant attitude

lol no, you do in fact hate brady. you are a bitter jealous hater.

i don't like brady, either, but you just make yourself look kinda dumb by saying stuff like brady is only an average qb.

I also heard Gruden make a semi-plug to be the next head coach of the Dolphins....it was something to the effect of " I want to bring back the days of the rabid fans down here in South Florida". It was a bit more than that, but I didn't hear it precisely enough to quote it accurately.

If the Phins finish with another losing recored (which they will), Gruden would make alot of sense for the Phins and vice versa.

what days were those anyways i wonder? florida has about the worst nfl fans in existence. they take up for some college stuff a bit, but jags/phins/bucs fans are a joke.

Let's say Bledsoe hadn't gone down with that injury, and had remained the Patriots' starter through 2004 or 2005. How many Super Bowls do you think the Patriots would have won with him under center?

Let's say Bledsoe hadn't gone down with that injury, and had remained the Patriots' starter through 2004 or 2005. How many Super Bowls do you think the Patriots would have won with him under center?

Let say Norwoods kick was about 5 feet to the left. Thurman didn't lose his helmet, and the Cowboys bus driver got lost on two consecutive years. How many Super Bowls do you think the Bills would've won?

Let say Norwoods kick was about 5 feet to the left. Thurman didn't lose his helmet, and the Cowboys bus driver got lost on two consecutive years. How many Super Bowls do you think the Bills would've won?

What does that have to do with Brady not being able to be replaced, thus slightly "above average :rolleyes: " at the QB position?

And the answer to your off-topic question is none, duh.

Edited by billsrcursed

I refuse to watch another Monday night game with the Patriots playing, Gruden affection for Tom Brady is unworldly. I'm passed disgusted with Gruden and he was one one of my fav coaches at one point..

I was watching and listening last night, and at one point when I lost the audio I didn't bother to bring it back.

Brady didn't need a shower after the game he got such a tongue bath from the announcers.

Aside: is Miami that bad, or is NE that good?

Come on Brady has 412 yards and 3 TDs. Is Gruden supposed to say he sucks?

Did you see the game?

Brady had an excellent game. He is a top-notch QB, no doubt. He is also playing in a very well designed system with very well coached players and a quality OL.

Even early on, when NE and the Phins were tied and the Phins were in it, Gruden was just over-the-top about Brady and couldn't find a good word for Mia at all.

I'm not a Gruden hater, but I was thinking "geeze what a tongue bath". It's not that Brady isn't a top-notch QB, but give credit to NE OL which still gives Brady time to dial up Jimmy Johns in the backfield, and to their TE and Welker.

And frankly, NE defensive play had a lot to do with how that game wound up. They were very very stout in the red zone. (And IMO MIA choked in the red zone)

Mia D wasn't just worn out by the no-huddle, they were worn out because their O couldn't sustain drives and they spent the game on the field.

That said I hope to heck our guys have been paying attention to their CV conditioning. "Cuz they're gonna need it in Week 3.

Yeah...he is just a system QB, right? How do you think the football gets from Brady to the player catching the ball? :doh: Take off the blinders and appreciate one of the all-time great QB's.

Edited by LabattBlue