Don't get too giddy over that win

PromoTheRobot

Good teams take care of business on the road and dominate teams they should beat.

The Bills only win because the other team:

- Took them for granted

- Were unprepared

- Are not as good as initially thought

- Had an off week

- Did not get 8 hours of sleep the night before

- Had the sun in their eyes

- Did not practice with footballs

- The dog ate their playbook

I don't think it's a problem for a writer to opine on the utter suckitude of the Chefs -- it was on full display yesterday. That doesn't detract from my sheer joy at watching the blowout or dampen my enthusiasm looking forward to the Bills' home opener.

All of us would be fools to suddenly elevate the Bills into the category of an elite NFL team after one win, but there's no question they went a long way towards removing the words "easy win" from the mouths of opposing teams' fans and around the other 31 NFL locker rooms.

Whitlock is generally regarded as a complete moron. The chiefs are terrible though.

By whom? Sure, he was trumpeting Jeff George well into the 21st century, but he's one of the more well-respected and most-read voices in the world of sports commentary.

The guy's article reads like he is twelve, but it's a good point. Temperance should be used. I'm likely one of the more positive people on the team and I still think 8-8 is towards the top of what can be achieved with their schedule.

What position do you play? :devil:

But in all seriousness, you're right. One dominating win doesn't mean much but if they can continue this into next week and then bring it in to meet the patriots...well then now we might be on to something. For now, cautious optimism is the way to go :thumbsup:

Here is a reality check...

1. KC has a new OC and no off-season to install the new offense. Cassels 3rd in last 3 or 4 years by the way.

2. No Moeaki who was the #2 option and a key blocker too that they built into the offense a lot this year.

3. They were thin at WR as well.

4. They lost Berry in the first for the season which immediately opened up the middle of the field drastically which we (very intelligently) exploited.

5. KC played above their talent level last year, much like Chi when they went 13-3 under DJ and will struggle to win 7 games this year.

6. KC looked awful all preseason and in camp.

Thats the truth about KC. It does NOT mean this win meant nothing. KC is a tough place to play, and they are a tough opponent at home always. This was a great win for the Bills and we looked good on both sides of the ball. It also does not mean we are suddenly playoff bound and a contender. Its just week 1 and there is a lot of football to play still.

Its a great win for us and so much fun to watch, but lets win some games in a row, beat some better teams (more importantly win some divisional games), and show some consistency first before we start talking playoffs or pointing fingers at everyone.

It's quite possible for both issues to be uniquely true. It's very possible that the Chiefs would have been blown out in this game by almost anyone. And it's quite possible that the Bills might have played very well in this game against a team like Oakland in Oakland, or Seattle in Seattle, who were probably as good as the Chiefs were last year, but look like they took a step back.

No, but in my suicide/survivor pool I already bet that Detroit beats them next week by at least 1.

That's a safe bet...Detroit playing well. Matty Stafford is the real deal.

So last year they led the NFL in rushing with the worst offensive line in the NFL? I don't follow the Chefs, did they have a big turnover on the O Line? I thought they let Waters go but everyone else is the same as last year. Gaither didn't play yesterday