Typical National Media Slant...

ColdBlueNorth

the Chiefs did not play well, not that the Bills simply outplayed a good team in every facet of the game.

Typical, but somehow always aggravates that chip on my shoulder.

...words like inexcusable regarding the Chiefs performance from most "informed" analysts have me wondering if it is a term better reserved for what passes as sports reporting these days - bring back Tim Graham or someone who at least as a whiff of what the team has done in the offseason.

If they said something like "the Bills went in with a lot of question marks surrounding their offensive line" now that I would agree with. Fortunately, the line played better than anticipated by most all of us who do follow the team. Now lets hope that we have some depth in the few O-Line rookies and castoffs they worked into the roster. That starting unit did not look bad, and even Pears who was badly beat a few times could develop with more playing time - at least that is not Fitz's blind side:)

But most of us expected much more from our defense this year and were not surprised that they did a better job of hemming in a really good running team.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the Chiefs did not play well, not that the Bills simply outplayed a good team in every facet of the game.

Typical, but somehow always aggravates that chip on my shoulder.

...words like inexcusable regarding the Chiefs performance from most "informed" analysts have me wondering if it is a term better reserved for what passes as sports reporting these days - bring back Tim Graham or someone who at least as a whiff of what the team has done in the offseason.

If they said something like "the Bills went in with a lot of question marks surrounding their offensive line" now that I would agree with. Fortunately, the line played better than anticipated by most all of us who do follow the team. Now lets hope that we have some depth in the few O-Line rookies and castoffs they worked into the roster. That starting unit did not look bad, and even Pears who was badly beat a few times could develop with more playing time - at least that is not Fitz's blind side:)

But most of us expected much more from our defense this year and were not surprised that they did a better job of hemming in a really good running team.

I've read nothing but positive comments from the national media about the Bills win.

Those idiots on Football Night in America made it look like the Chiefs were a fantastic team that had an off day, and that they lost control... The reason they lost control is because Buffalo had it, period. I'm so sick of those clowns. Then they went on to show snippets of the KC presser and gave the Bills almost no credit whatsoever.

The chiefs played a horrible game in every aspect. From the opening kickoff on. Embarrassing.

Based on preseason and this one game, the KC fans may be in for a LONG season.

The Bills on the other hand played a sound game. No crippling mistakes.

I thought that the 3 people who had great games were Gailey, Chandler, and Freddy J. and a honorable mention to Dareus. But otherwise the Bills played a good mistake free game. I would not expect the national media to report on the game any different than they did. If the Bills spank the raiders and the pats, then you will start to see some heads turn. But that game was such an abomination by KC that most can't give a lot of credit to the Bills.

Those idiots on Football Night in America made it look like the Chiefs were a fantastic team that had an off day, and that they lost control... The reason they lost control is because Buffalo had it, period. I'm so sick of those clowns. Then they went on to show snippets of the KC presser and gave the Bills almost no credit whatsoever.

They also said that young teams with young coaches coming off a good season can just expect to win. So you see the Bills really had nothing to do with the win.

Now lets hope that we have some depth in the few O-Line rookies and castoffs they worked into the roster. That starting unit did not look bad, and even Pears who was badly beat a few times could develop with more playing time - at least that is not Fitz's blind side:)

I'm pretty sure Pears was beaten just once, when tamba hali switched sides from Bell and bolted around him for their only sack.

I'm pretty sure Pears was beaten just once, when tamba hali switched sides from Bell and bolted around him for their only sack.

Wont argue the point, if he was solid outside of that one speed rush then who am I to pee in everyone's cornflakes:rolleyes:

I hope you are right - Gailey certainly thinks Pears has some upside, but did single him out in his post game. It's not like I think he has reached his full potential, just that he has some work to do. The Bills were also smart with the help they gave Bell, chip blocks at key times allowed Fitz and our receivers ample time to get open and slow their pass rush on longer routes. It is such a welcome site to see an offense actually coached well.

What will they say when we're 2-0 after next sunday?

That we've played another bad team.

Until we beat the Pats and/or Pats and/or Giants, no one is going to give us credit.

Given the past 10 years, its hard to blames them. But the Bills are going to need to string together wins before we start getting noticed.

HOWEVER, Merril Hodge did name us the #1 most impressive team on Sunday. Said that we are obviously heading in the right direction, and 8-8 would be HUGE for this team. Had some other great things to say about Fitz and a few other players.

The chiefs played a horrible game in every aspect. From the opening kickoff on. Embarrassing.

Based on preseason and this one game, the KC fans may be in for a LONG season.

The Bills on the other hand played a sound game. No crippling mistakes.

I thought that the 3 people who had great games were Gailey, Chandler, and Freddy J. and a honorable mention to Dareus. But otherwise the Bills played a good mistake free game. I would not expect the national media to report on the game any different than they did. If the Bills spank the raiders and the pats, then you will start to see some heads turn. But that game was such an abomination by KC that most can't give a lot of credit to the Bills.

I agree, with most of that and hope the Bills finally break the Patriot curse, but I just don't think the Chiefs are as bad as folks are saying. They had bad breaks, but the Bills just looked more prepared to counter their different offensive and defensive looks. If they come out next week and lay an egg I will take it all back and say that they are a team imploding, but I just think they were outplayed by a better coached team that has improved more than they anticipated.

peter king for example was somewhat impressed. even announced a bills-piece for his tuesday edition.

King has always had a soft spot for the Bills, ever since he cursed our early Superbowl teams by having them on the cover of Sports Illustrated he has tried to make amends - OK, its a theory.

Enjoy this Bills fans... the boys played well, and we took advantage of some poor play from KC, but I wont apologize for it. To win on the road 41-7 when both teams had the off-season to prepare is still impressive. I will be happy with the win, but will temper my enthusiasm until week 8. I feel this team had the talent to go 8-8, possibly 9-7, but was really expecting a 5-6 win season at best (so many questions). We're still a bit thin at certain positions and an injury or two could really hammer this team, however I still believe the Bills are on a good upward path. I'm looking forward to the Raiders game... lets hope the staff has a good gameplan for Oakland's running game and Campbell's athleticism.

Here is the bottom line:

Even if the Chiefs are a bad football team., winning a game 41-7 on the road in the NFL is impressive.

That's what "good" teams are supposed to do. No one takes anythign away from the Patriots when they whopped our asses because they were a great team and we were a ****ty team. They did what they were supposed to do.

As JW said, if we're 2-0 going into the Patriots game, we'll find out who's a contender and who's a pretender.

If you want national kudos, the Bills will have a chance to prove it this year: ESPN loves the entire NFC East, and we've got all four on our schedule. Sweep those games, and suddenly we'll be a Super Bowl contender.

great point, beat the best teams, and you'll get recognition . . . it can be earned, winning will fix this problem for us