Typical National Media Slant...

ColdBlueNorth

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the Chiefs did not play well, not that the Bills simply outplayed a good team in every facet of the game.

Typical, but somehow always aggravates that chip on my shoulder.

...words like inexcusable regarding the Chiefs performance from most "informed" analysts have me wondering if it is a term better reserved for what passes as sports reporting these days - bring back Tim Graham or someone who at least as a whiff of what the team has done in the offseason.

If they said something like "the Bills went in with a lot of question marks surrounding their offensive line" now that I would agree with. Fortunately, the line played better than anticipated by most all of us who do follow the team. Now lets hope that we have some depth in the few O-Line rookies and castoffs they worked into the roster. That starting unit did not look bad, and even Pears who was badly beat a few times could develop with more playing time - at least that is not Fitz's blind side:)

But most of us expected much more from our defense this year and were not surprised that they did a better job of hemming in a really good running team.

Seriously WTF is wrong with Bills fans. We win and yet all we do is B*** and moan about what was said about teh team. last time i checked we won 41-7. Whoa is me the national media said means things about us. They dont think we are that good Boo fricken whoo. We need to drop the inferiority complex at the door.

Seriously WTF is wrong with Bills fans. We win and yet all we do is B*** and moan about what was said about teh team. last time i checked we won 41-7. Whoa is me the national media said means things about us. They dont think we are that good Boo fricken whoo. We need to drop the inferiority complex at the door.

Bam, it's ridiculous around here, sounds like we lost.

Here is the bottom line:

Even if the Chiefs are a bad football team., winning a game 41-7 on the road in the NFL is impressive.

Yep, if the Steelers beat the Bengals 41-7, there would be plenty to say about how dominating the Steelers are

Bam, it's ridiculous around here, sounds like we lost.

Naw, we're all happy we just want to climb out of the 30s in the Power Rankings... wait till you hear what its like around here if we're not at least 19. Everyone will say that half the teams won, half lost so we should be at least 16... how can we still be ranked lower than the Colts. And so on...

Yep, if the Steelers beat the Bengals 41-7, there would be plenty to say about how dominating the Steelers are

Yeap, And if I win 6 million dollars my world would be different. We are basing the national media on "What if" scenarios now that did not happen. The Steelres got trounced, the Bengals won, but if that didnt happen the standings would be different, see its easy to play what if.

Edited by CountDorkula

Yeap, And if I win 6 million dollars my world would be different. We are basing the national media on "What if" scenarios now that did not happen. The Steelres got trounced, the Bengals won, but if that didnt happen the standings would be different, see its easy to play what if.

... sorry still working off of last year's paradigm!

"The Bills are 2-0 and now face their biggest test to gauge whether they're for real: New England."

jw

LOL. So true.

FWIW, the TD Fitz threw to Donald Jones was the sort of pass media-types would absolutely gush over if thrown by Manning, Brees, Rodgers, or Brady. It was a laser into a tight window, the only place Jones could make a play.

LOL. So true.

FWIW, the TD Fitz threw to Donald Jones was the sort of pass media-types would absolutely gush over if thrown by Manning, Brees, Rodgers, or Brady. It was a laser into a tight window, the only place Jones could make a play.

sure, and for what it's worth, it just so happens that the four quarterbacks you mention here have each won a Super Bowl or two.

and i was serious about what I will be writing next week should the Bills beat the Raiders. Buffalo has not at all sufficiently proven it can be a playoff contender until it shows it can beat its division rivals, particularly New England.

jw

If the Chiefs don't fumble away the opening kickoff and immediately put themselves in a hole, it's a different game. Don't forget that. KC shot themselves in the foot multiple times and ended up taking themselves out of the strength of their team - the running game.

But having said that...the Bills still had to take advantage of KC's advanced case of the stupids. And winning 41-7 in KC is a distinctly non-trivial accomplishment.

That we've played another bad team.

Until we beat the Pats and/or Pats and/or Giants, no one is going to give us credit.

Given the past 10 years, its hard to blames them. But the Bills are going to need to string together wins before we start getting noticed.

HOWEVER, Merril Hodge did name us the #1 most impressive team on Sunday. Said that we are obviously heading in the right direction, and 8-8 would be HUGE for this team. Had some other great things to say about Fitz and a few other players.

Tom Waddle was very strong about the Bills as well. And that was before the game.

sure, and for what it's worth, it just so happens that the four quarterbacks you mention here have each won a Super Bowl or two.

and i was serious about what I will be writing next week should the Bills beat the Raiders. Buffalo has not at all sufficiently proven it can be a playoff contender until it shows it can beat its division rivals, particularly New England.

jw

I don't disagree with you. That's exactly what SHOULD be written if the Bills are 2-0. Until Buffalo breaks the spell NE* holds over them, they can't "really" be taken seriously.

AMEN BRUTHA!!! :worthy:

I could not give a rat's arse about what sorta love the Bills get from any media person...whether it's national media or the Honeoye Falls Gazette. It's too early to do anything but enjoy the noticable improvements and make our own assessments of where the team is headed. We won a game convincingly. It should just feel daaaaaaaamn good. I read news stories to get information or other perspectives which I can agree or disagree with. But we shouldn't take to heart any of what these guys have to say about the Bills.

If the Chiefs don't fumble away the opening kickoff and immediately put themselves in a hole, it's a different game. Don't forget that. KC shot themselves in the foot multiple times and ended up taking themselves out of the strength of their team - the running game.

But having said that...the Bills still had to take advantage of KC's advanced case of the stupids. And winning 41-7 in KC is a distinctly non-trivial accomplishment.

Forget what? McCluster didn't just drop the ball voluntarily -- the fumble was forced by a Buffalo Bill, and then recovered by another Buffalo Bill. Bills fans on the wrong side of similar outcomes have been making excuses like this for years. The truth is, you make your own breaks, and the better team usually wins.

When KC finally scored a TD the game was still manageable at 20-7, and KC stopped the Bills on the first possession of the 2nd half to get the ball. I know ALL Bills fans were just waiting for the inexorable march down the field and a 20-14 game, at which point all of our collective sphincters would tighten as we prepared for the inevitable.

Something funny happened, though. KC still couldn't move the ball, and the Bills stepped on their throats with three consecutive TD drives to put the game away.

Obviously the fumble to start the game isn't what KC wanted, but that wasn't the ballgame.

Forget what? McCluster didn't just drop the ball voluntarily -- the fumble was forced by a Buffalo Bill, and then recovered by another Buffalo Bill. Bills fans on the wrong side of similar outcomes have been making excuses like this for years. The truth is, you make your own breaks, and the better team usually wins.

When KC finally scored a TD the game was still manageable at 20-7, and KC stopped the Bills on the first possession of the 2nd half to get the ball. I know ALL Bills fans were just waiting for the inexorable march down the field and a 20-14 game, at which point all of our collective sphincters would tighten as we prepared for the inevitable.

Something funny happened, though. KC still couldn't move the ball, and the Bills stepped on their throats with three consecutive TD drives to put the game away.

Obviously the fumble to start the game isn't what KC wanted, but that wasn't the ballgame.

Very well said.... particularly the part about "our collective sphincters" tightening

Why do some fans exaggerate??

Hardly (crying or whining) I am just as pleased and excited about the win as the next person. Just pointing out the flaws in NFL news coverage by national outets.

Also, seriously dude I am not exactly jumping off any buildings, just a comment to launch into other topics and get the occasional grouch to tell me how much I am crying - and what do you know, it worked.