1st Round: Best LT

2nd Round: Best RT

3Rd Round: Best Guard

4th Round: Best OL Left

4Th Round: Best OL/TE left

5th Round: Best DB/ST left

6th Round: Best K that can drill Ball thru endzone like Redskin Kicker

7th Round: Best ST/project type

Can you imagine with a solid OL and depth what this Offense with Fitz could do?

Although I agree the O-Line should have priority, I just dont see them going all out like this in the draft. Probably 2-3 O-Line taken next year tops. 1st/3rd/5th rds. Really depends on how these guys play this year. I'm still in favor of a stud ILB and/or OLB.

I'd say wait and see how Bell and Pears play before I draft a LT and RT in rd 1 and 2. The same can be said for fitz. We may be taking a qb in rd 1. He played great yesterday. He made me proud. But it's still one game. Let's see how he plays the next 15, hopefully more.

If Bell keeps playing/improving like he has been, there is no need to draft that many OLs. Id agree with an OT in the first as our top priority, and another OL later on, but our defense is not complete either. Still need to draft LBs, CBs, and DL (in that order of priority).

Obviously, we'll have a much better idea of what we really need by week 8.

Go Bills! :thumbsup:

Obviously way too early, but I'm already long on record saying the Bills will be picking late (bottom 3rd of the round) in the draft order. By then, Matt Kahil (OT, USC) will be long gone, but it IS possible that USC QB Matt Barkley could slip that far.

(We'd have to be extremely lucky, but the 'Andy and Landry Show' could just steal all the attention from the 20-year-old Barkley, leaving the most promising QB of the 2012 draft for Gailey/Fitz to mentor for the next 3 seasons.)

Then in round 2, since we lost Wang...

Adcock

So you're drafting purely for need and not at all for value? Yeah, that's a great way to run a draft.

Your post would have much more prudently posed as: "I hope we draft some linemen next year." Dumbest post I've seen in awhile.

I want a pass rushing OLB in the first or second round, value permitting. Merriman's health is altogether too critical to the defense right now, we need an athletic rusher on the other side. And even if Batten works out, Merriman's deal is finished after next season.

Edited by Big Bad Boone

To me it is obvious we need to draft a punter with our 1st and a kicker with our 2nd! :w00t:

Not for nothing, but who the hell cares about the 2012 draft right now? The season JUST started. Let's enjoy that for awhile and see what we need at the END of the season. jeesh

As a big college football fan and follower, I do. We're not trying to take away anything from what the Bills are doing this season. But these discussions give me names to watch on Saturdays while Im watching 15 college games.

Go Bills!

So you're drafting purely for need and not at all for value? Yeah, that's a great way to run a draft.

Your post would have much more prudently posed as: "I hope we draft some linemen next year." Dumbest post I've seen in awhile.

I was thinking the same thing. Stop putting that bad western NY Beer in those Frosted Flakes dude.

I want a pass rushing OLB in the first or second round, value permitting. Merriman's health is altogether too critical to the defense right now, we need an athletic rusher on the other side. And even if Batten works out, Merriman's deal is finished after next season.

I like the way Batten plays the game, but he looks small out there and if he's engaged by an O-lineman, he's pretty much finished. He shows some quickness, and heart, but I'm not sold on his being an effective pass rusher. Looked good in preseason, but that was mostly against guys that didn't make their teams.

I love the win and Fitz is a great leader, but we will likely need to draft a franchise QB for the future at some point. Watching yesterdays game, besides depth, I saw no glaring needs. A weird feeling, I know. So, assuming we keep winning (and have a pick somewhere between 15 and 25), would anyone on here make a large enough jump to pick up a QB in the top 5 picks (like the Jets did with Dirty Sanchez? Like giving up our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks?