Passer Ratings

Dorkington

Who is tied for first in scoring defense?

...Man, we could do this all day!

Yes we can! It was a great win for sure.

I was heading out around noon when my neighbor, KC fan, pulled up to roll his window down to talk some serious smack. I've learned through the years even when the Bills were good to not talk smack since it's a cycle and your team will be beat. He just wouldn't stop. I told him point blank that I was very confident that the Bills would beat the Chefs today. I would not have predicted the blowout, but all week I was confident they would win this game. The injury bug was kind to us during the preseason and the Bills vastly improved, IMO, in the areas the Chefs are strong in.

I waited until about 9pm and sent a text to him. I told him I didn't see the game and asked him what the score was. His reply was "FML", which I had to Google. F%@# My Life is what I came up with. I can't wait to take the garbage out to the curb tomorrow!

Aaron Rodgers completed 77% of his frickin passes... if Fitz did that, we would have won 65-7!

Fitz played a decent game, but the 4 TDs were huge. Yet I can't stop thinking of a number of throws in the dirt, a couple of which were on third downs that should have kept their drives alive. There's much to like about Fitz, but his inconsistent accuracy will drive us all nuts, as it already has in the past, and will continue to do so going forward.

Now this is not to say that he's not a better QB than anyone we've had since the days of the declining Drew Bledsoe. I do love the way he approaches the game and how he plays with heart and toughness.

Fitz played a decent game, but the 4 TDs were huge. Yet I can't stop thinking of a number of throws in the dirt, a couple of which were on third downs that should have kept their drives alive. There's much to like about Fitz, but his inconsistent accuracy will drive us all nuts, as it already has in the past, and will continue to do so going forward.

Now this is not to say that he's not a better QB than anyone we've had since the days of the declining Drew Bledsoe. I do love the way he approaches the game and how he plays with heart and toughness.

As I said in another thread... it kind of makes me laugh to hear people continually say that Fitz is not an accurate passer because there are 3-4 throws a game when he just blows it and throws ground balls or misfires. Yet, there are also 3-4 throws a game which are remarkably accurate into microscopic windows that he has no business throwing let alone completing. And no one in their right mind would blame him for not completing that pass. So, hypothetically, if he completed 3-4 more per game on the balls he should complete but threw incompletions on the 3-4 that he had no business completing would you say he was accurate? I think most would. He's plenty accurate, considering the time he has and the separation out receivers get, which overall is rather slight.

Please watch Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Philip Rivers, et al., and tell me they don't have three or four WTF passes in a game. I'm definitely not saying Fitz is in their league, but all QB's have those terrible throws nearly every game. Fitz is just fine.