Jauron's Midget Fetish

Coach Tuesday

Per Rotoworld:

Buster Skrine - DB - Browns Browns DC Dick Jauron has been impressed with under-sized fifth-round CB Buster Skrine since training camp opened.

"Buster has had a really good camp and I believe in the long run he's going to be an outstanding addition to this football team," Jauron said. "... He's done an outstanding job." The 5'9/185 speedster is ticketed for a role on special teams and in sub-packages to open the season.

I just want to say, Thank God the Jauron Years are behind us. I feel bad for Cleveland fans.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

This will be less funny when 5 foot 8, 170-pound Dexter McCluster is weaving his way through a helpless Bills secondary on Sunday. Didn't Gailey like him?

And who was that tiny man with no shins wearing the Saints uniform while he ran through the Pack D and Sts?

being a little person is more of a disadvantage defensively than offensively, hence roscoe parrish, darren sproles, mccluster, leon washington, etc. Jauron's problem is he puts his little guys on defense. I was at a game once where Jon Corto was playing MLB for us. That is just insane.

Ever heard of Steve Tasker, Special Teams HOF-like player?

He was 5'9", and listed at WR. How many games did he start at WR? Not many.

I remember when Tasker Started. Was towards the end of his career, I believe when Andre Reed got hurt. I think it was Bill Brooks and Steve Tasker were the starters.

This thread wins for best title...I had some disturbing visuals when I read it...

Undersized players can be real play makers, IF they are mixed in with a group of bigger, stronger, talented players...Jauron's problem is that he went undersized all the way...at EVERY position.

He is an awful coach, he always has been. The ONE year in Chicago was an obvious fluke. I thought the Browns were starting to turn the corner, but with Jauron on board I really feel sorry for them...

This will be less funny when 5 foot 8, 170-pound Dexter McCluster is weaving his way through a helpless Bills secondary on Sunday. Didn't Gailey like him?

+1, I am nervous about what these speed backs will do against our much bigger defense. Although both Merriman, and especially Barnett have looked like lightning so far.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I remember when Tasker Started. Was towards the end of his career, I believe when Andre Reed got hurt. I think it was Bill Brooks and Steve Tasker were the starters.

Yes, that was back in 1995. That also inspired the famous moment when Jim Kelly said, "Steve Tasker has all the talent to have been a great starting WR in this league," leading Tasker to quip, "Comments like that are reasons why we have drug tests in the NFL."

Paraphrased, but a funny memory. Tasker is awesome.

Ever heard of Steve Tasker, Special Teams HOF-like player?

He was 5'9", and listed at WR. How many games did he start at WR? Not many.

Ever heard of all the guys who were too small to crack a starting lineup? Ever heard of Aaron Maybin?

There are some great players who succeeded despite being small of stature, but there are even more who were too small to play. And Jauron seems to have a special place in his heart for undersized, speedy guys.

Per Rotoworld:

Buster Skrine - DB - Browns Browns DC Dick Jauron has been impressed with under-sized fifth-round CB Buster Skrine since training camp opened.

"Buster has had a really good camp and I believe in the long run he's going to be an outstanding addition to this football team," Jauron said. "... He's done an outstanding job." The 5'9/185 speedster is ticketed for a role on special teams and in sub-packages to open the season.

I just want to say, Thank God the Jauron Years are behind us. I feel bad for Cleveland fans.

Thank God the Greg Williams years are behind us too. His defense didn't look well-prepared yesterday.

Thank God the Greg Williams years are behind us too. His defense didn't look well-prepared yesterday.

The thing about Gregg-o is that he's a stubborn a-hole. His defense is designed to bully poor and inexperienced offensive lines and QBs. Blitzing repeatedly rarely works well against a good, experienced offense - but he does it anyway.

I like what Buddy said about this in his 103.3 interview. DJ built a team that would work well in a dome, but not in Buffalo. When you play outside against the Pats and Jets, you will get out-muscled, and we did.