anyone else excited to see Merriman play an entire game?

piccone 89

long time listener first time caller.........cant see cassel finishing this game

Honestly, Cassel has a better chance of finishing the game then Merriman does. I sure hope he puts his myriad of injuries behind and plays a whole game, but I am holding my breath though.

Honestly, Cassel has a better chance of finishing the game then Merriman does. I sure hope he puts his myriad of injuries behind and plays a whole game, but I am holding my breath though.

I'm pretty much in this boat.

I'm expecting something to happen to Merriman.

But god damn am I hoping he plays all 16 games and is healthy the whole time. :D

Lets hope the injury bug finds another team to pick on this year!

between merriman dareus and williams i see a cracked rib turning to broken ribs...as far as merriman, his muscles arent overworking his tendons and ligaments anymore thanks to no steriods.hes going to perform and perform well all season. yes...i am a homer

All of the additions during this off season will certainly improve this defense. The run D got a big boost. But Merriman really is the X-facter with this defense. We improved the D and getting Merriman back healthy is what makes the defense not just good but dominant.

I'm pretty much in this boat.

I'm expecting something to happen to Merriman.

But god damn am I hoping he plays all 16 games and is healthy the whole time. :D

He's fully recovered. That's evident by the way he played in preseason. I'm convinced that right now the odds of him getting hurt are the same as everyone elses.

And BTW Dorkington, God's last name is not damn

I was not the injury bug but a reaction to coming off the roids...happens to many in that position...the body breaks down after stopping

When he was caught, before and after, he passed 19 out of 20 drug tests. Goodell said that, not him. After he was caught, he played two full seasons at a high level. His best season was after he was caught. Then there have been two full years since then.

He's fully recovered. That's evident by the way he played in preseason. I'm convinced that right now the odds of him getting hurt are the same as everyone elses.

He's right. It's Smith.

I thought the whole roids thing was actually false.

The story of him crossing the Canadian border was false.

The 2006-07 suspension was pretty real.

He was a juicer, maybe still is?

The guy's joints and ligaments are like dried out rubber bands.

I hope to hell he doesn't break or the pass rush will be average again.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20061022-9999-1s23merr.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2754079

Edited by SteamRoller67

long time listener first time caller.........cant see cassel finishing this game

It's like asking the kids if they are excited about gifts from Santa Claus.

Are you predicting Merriman will finish an entire game?

I think there is a 80% chance he plays the entire game. I think there is a 50% chance he plays all of the first four games. I think there is a 25% chance he plays all of the first eight games. I think there is a 0% chance he plays all 16 games.

Anyone else hoping that he actually does play an entire game?

I still can't figure the guy out. I don't know if he plays beyond his physical limits, is brittle or is just not the same after his suspension issues. When Merriman played in preseason he looked AWESOME! I would feel a LOT better if he wasn't held out of so many practices though. I don't know what it is that he has been recovering from for the last 3 years.

Anyone else hoping that he actually does play an entire game?

I still can't figure the guy out. I don't know if he plays beyond his physical limits, is brittle or is just not the same after his suspension issues. When Merriman played in preseason he looked AWESOME! I would feel a LOT better if he wasn't held out of so many practices though. I don't know what it is that he has been recovering from for the last 3 years.

He has had knee and achillees injuries the last two years. But it was not like a torn ACL, and it was not a ruptured or completely torn achillees. Right now, he says, and the Bills and Bills trainers say, that he is over those injuries completely and is 100%. After watching him in pre-season, I don't see how he is not over the two injuries, he was playing at 100 mph and running as fast as he can, which was very fast. He couldn't be running like that with a sore achillees or knee, IMO.

The recent injury is a slight groin injury. He says, of course, that he expected these kinds of injuries although it's hard to know the validity of that. The Bills and Merriman also said that if either of the two preseason games he missed were regular season he would have played. He also says he is over the minor groin injury and is ready to go.

We'll see. But he should be completely over all the injuries that set him back the last couple years.

And to anyone who thinks that he just broke down all the time because he was off steroids, his best season was after he was caught with steroids. And he played great, two full years after he tested positive for steroids, which presumably means he was off them because he was being tested more. He also passed 19 of 20 tests by the NFL around the time of his suspension, and everyone he has taken since.

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog

Of course I would like to see Merriman all year. But I have a hunch he will be hurt sometime this season. He may play 6-8 games this year until he get injured. Hopefully nothng serious and he'll miss a couple weeks then come back in time to fnish the season. Just a hunch

+1 enjoy him while you can... he'll be out by mid season, ex juicers have trouble staying healthy

It's like asking the kids if they are excited about gifts from Santa Claus.

Are you predicting Merriman will finish an entire game?

I think there is a 80% chance he plays the entire game. I think there is a 50% chance he plays all of the first four games. I think there is a 25% chance he plays all of the first eight games. I think there is a 0% chance he plays all 16 games.

yes i am predicting he will finish an entire game. i am also predicting he will play all 16 games. i am an optimist. every year i think the Bills will do well, this year is no exception. didnt mean to ask a foolish question.im just an exited Bills fan ready for football. your percentages really show your optimism. no disrespect, i myself just cant think that way.

+1 enjoy him while you can... he'll be out by mid season, ex juicers have trouble staying healthy

chiefs fan

I hope to God he stays healthy, he could make a big difference, but Merriman only played about 15-20 plays the whole preseason. Limiting him like that may just be a clue that he isn't fully recovered yet, just the opposite of proving he is healthy. Nobody knows for sure how long he juiced, or even if he still does, but it isn't rare for people who come off of the stuff to have injuries after injuries. Fingers crossed, but we probably have a better chance of Kelsay being a Pro Bowler then Merriman playing a full 16 game schedule.

When he was caught, before and after, he passed 19 out of 20 drug tests. Goodell said that, not him. After he was caught, he played two full seasons at a high level. His best season was after he was caught. Then there have been two full years since then.

But players who come off the roids always have a breakdown...look at A Rod... and many of the BB players....Muscles are too big for their body and start to come apart.

He did Roids and whether it took a year to happen or not the Chargers knew what was happening to his body...IMHO

But I hope he holds it together. :worthy:

I can't wait for Merriman to put in a full 4 quarters on the chiefs and lay some serious lumber. Even if he were to miss the whole season, our D would still be very much improved over last year.

My buddies and I had our fantasy draft on Wednesday night. Usually I pick your typical well known solid D such as pittsburg. But this time I figured let's make it interesting and more exciting. With the very last pick of our draft I gladly selected the Bills D.

Our D has so much damn potential and it will be growing and growing before our very eyes. If our guys stay healthy it will be scary good.

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Pilsner