steve johnson talks moving slow

cmjoyce113

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone recall that either side expected a done contract by Week One of thie season??

Frankly, I thought we wouldn't have Williams signed this quickly. If Stevie isn't extended by playoff time I'd be worried but right now it is time for some football!!

Johnson has never threatened to walk and since he is so psyched about the Bills that he bought his own ticket to the uniform unveiling I really think you can sleep peacefully because #13 is going to be a Bill for the next several years.

Does anyone recall that either side expected a done contract by Week One of thie season??

Frankly, I thought we wouldn't have Williams signed this quickly. If Stevie isn't extended by playoff time I'd be worried but right now it is time for some football!!

Johnson has never threatened to walk and since he is so psyched about the Bills that he bought his own ticket to the uniform unveiling I really think you can sleep peacefully because #13 is going to be a Bill for the next several years.

He certainly talks like he loves being here. But money talks louder. This is a guy who has been playing on a seventh round pick salary. He is going to get a significant bump in pay. As long as we make him a fair offer I think he will be here.

"See" what? You have no proof to make this statement. Speculation at it's worst.

Hey ya got me there, I have not been on the phone with the Bills and SJ's agent, I have no direct proof. Guess that puts me in the same position as every other joker on this board who has an opinion about anything.

What dreamland do you live in? It is ALL about the money... Johnson will go wherever he gets paid the most

Understand that if we believe Buddy from the WEDG interview, he has a number in mind, and if Stevie's agent starts acting for stupid money he won't sign him. You can cue the 'Ralph is Cheap' chorus, but Buddy said he decides what someone is worth, not Ralph.

PTR

Agreed but i dont get the sense that they low ball anybody......as long as stevie doesnt start talking to the press about the contract things will be alright

Stevie has a good thing going here....a 7th round pick who worked hard and was given a chance by the bills.......he is a number 1 option here and is about to get seriously paid

Whitner wanted to be in Buffalo too, so did Poz...

Oh really? Then why did Whitner turn down contract offers from the Bills even before the lockout, and why did Poz go to Jax? Because they wanted to be here? According to Poz's agent the Bills made a very good offer but he chose to play in the 4-3 at Jax, and for perhaps other reasons. I cannot see any blame to the Bills for that. Whitner wanted rediculous money from the Bills and went the free agency route, but did not get even what the Bills reportedly offered.

Oh really? Then why did Whitner turn down contract offers from the Bills even before the lockout, and why did Poz go to Jax? Because they wanted to be here? According to Poz's agent the Bills made a very good offer but he chose to play in the 4-3 at Jax, and for perhaps other reasons. I cannot see any blame to the Bills for that. Whitner wanted rediculous money from the Bills and went the free agency route, but did not get even what the Bills reportedly offered.

Pretty sure that was his/her point.... :unsure: