I know the Bills have options with the O-line

Beerball

If I'm not mistaken, the Pack is also carrying only 3 backup O Linemen. Given they won the SB, I think the Packers know what they're doing. Maybe 8 total linemen isn't such a horrible idea.

I just looked at two games for the Pack last year when they won the SB, the first game of the season and the last game, and they had nine OL for each. The only two I looked at.

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/55060/GB_Gamebook.pdf

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/54873/PHI_Gamebook.pdf

If I'm not mistaken, the Pack is also carrying only 3 backup O Linemen. Given they won the SB, I think the Packers know what they're doing. Maybe 8 total linemen isn't such a horrible idea.

The Packers also signed Graham Harrell well after the Bills' QB problems were quite obvious, yet still passed him over at least 3 times.

I think it may be a bit of a reach to extrapolate from the Packers' depth chart that because they know what they're doing, so also must the Bills.

The FA market has really dried up and as I figured any O-lineman with any sort of pedigree signed with a contender. It will be REAL interesting to see what they come up with if the Bills actually need to sign someone.

The thing is, Dan, unless you are a pro-bowl OL or playing for a contender, being an OL is kinda like being an air traffic controller: if no one knows your name, that's pretty much good.

If you're being regularly noticed and called out by announcers, it's pretty much bad.

I think there are a couple of NFL-quality veteran backups who were cut, who could provide depth.

Someone mentioned Ryan Cook (cut by the Vikes). I don't know who else, but esp from teams with quality OL I'm sure there are other "never heard of him" for whom teams didn't have room

I think it's very likely the Bills will sign 1-2 OL after week 1 when the salary is no longer guaranteed

The Packers also signed Graham Harrell well after the Bills' QB problems were quite obvious, yet still passed him over at least 3 times.

I think it may be a bit of a reach to extrapolate from the Packers' depth chart that because they know what they're doing, so also must the Bills.

? QB problems?

Wow. This is living on the edge.

... and no way can Hairston play effectively against starters at this point in his short career.

Welcome to the Bills OL. I hope Fitz has good life insurance, and I'm glad Levi is still around.

I say if Hairston had to come in right now we would not miss a beat and might even be better especially in the run game

It's funny we agree on that he could come right in and play. I watched the last game 3 times and watched specifically the o-line the second and third time. I think he's much more ready in the pass game. Obviously you saw something different.

Don't worry. Bills o-linemen are very durable.

:lol:

Unfortunately, players that aren't as good as the opposition tend to draw more penalties and get hurt more often because, well, they just aren't as good.

Somewhat seriously though, Harrell has reportedly taken some great strides in his development as a QB, getting better at playing under center, etc. Meanwhile, Brohm is playing for some club in the UFL, if there is a UFL?