• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd quarter, 8:17 -- 2nd and 12 at NYJ 34 -- combined sack for 2-yard loss

3rd quarter, 11:48 -- 1st and goal at NYJ 6 -- sack for 1-yard loss

4th quarter, 8:09 -- 2nd and 15 at NYJ 35 -- combined tackle after 3-yard gain

Will Aaron make the cut? Stay tuned...

This has been your weekly Aaron Maybin watch.

Maybin must hold the NFL record for minutes played in preseason. He starts with the ones and finishes the games with the fourth string. He's the ultimate tease... Well maybe penultimate next to Trent.

But I read that brilliant coaching helped him run high and wide around stiff, camp fodder lineman that couldn't move their feet ... guys from Coastal Carolina trying to make an NFL team for example.

Yeah, where's that crazy-guido-jets-troll now?

Edited by madtowntobuffalo

I predict Maybin does not make the Jets. If I am wrong and he does make the Jets, he will be player 53. In other words, if he makes the jets and the punter gets hurt and will miss 4-6 weeks, Maybin is the guy that gets cut to allow room to carry 2 punters.

Wouldn't that prediction best be left for Captain Foresight?

Edited by dhg

I predict Maybin does not make the Jets. If I am wrong and he does make the Jets, he will be player 53. In other words, if he makes the jets and the punter gets hurt and will miss 4-6 weeks, Maybin is the guy that gets cut to allow room to carry 2 punters.

I think he makes the team. Jets will use him as a backup in passing situations. And a special teams starter. Looks like he'll always be a little too light to play the run, a little too big and undisciplined to play strong safety. But used properly he can have a role.

Btw I don't get all the maybin hate. Was it his fault bills reached? Should he have said thanks bills but I'm really more like 5th round material so you can sign me for a lot less? So he acted a little immature when he got here. Let it go to his head. Which posters at that age wouldnt have? Not this one. He was appropriately humbled found a new environment and IMHO a role he can be a contributor.

I don't hold anything against anybody for the Maybin fiasco. Most draft pundits had him going right around where he went. Some had him going as high as #6. He supposedly was a crazy talent. Didn't work out.

I wasn't too fond of the holdout and the haircut. I did see him make an awesome tackle against the Chiefs 2 years ago.

I guarantee maybin does not make the team. And IF he does, he will not be any good. The only way the kid is going to be good is if gains weight to AT LEAST 240 and learns how to use his speed correctly. He needs to slow down and learn how to rush the passer correctly and diagnose plays. He just runs right by the play 65 percent of the time.

lol...you contradict yourself in back to back sentences...You just said you guarantee he doesnt make the team...then follow it up with "IF he does"...if you guarantee he wont make the team, how is there a possibility of "if" he makes the team? :nana:

The guy had 2.5 sacks in 3 partial games w Jets as a standup OLB. We couldn't figure this out? He will be used on 3rd downs in passing situation s w Jets.

And managed nothing with the starters. If the other team faces a run of 12-14 injuries on their offense, he will be beastly.