Aaron Maybin watch... Gets Cut Again

eball

2nd quarter, 8:17 -- 2nd and 12 at NYJ 34 -- combined sack for 2-yard loss

3rd quarter, 11:48 -- 1st and goal at NYJ 6 -- sack for 1-yard loss

4th quarter, 8:09 -- 2nd and 15 at NYJ 35 -- combined tackle after 3-yard gain

Will Aaron make the cut? Stay tuned...

This has been your weekly Aaron Maybin watch.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd quarter, 8:17 -- 2nd and 12 at NYJ 34 -- combined sack for 2-yard loss

3rd quarter, 11:48 -- 1st and goal at NYJ 6 -- sack for 1-yard loss

4th quarter, 8:09 -- 2nd and 15 at NYJ 35 -- combined tackle after 3-yard gain

Will Aaron make the cut? Stay tuned...

This has been your weekly Aaron Maybin watch.

There was also one play where Eagles had the ball inside the 10, Maybin rushed straight up, RT easily pushed him waaaayy upfield creating a gaping lane for Kafka to pick up 8 yards on a bootleg.

Don't know if it was a designed play by Iggles, or Jets screwed up by not having any backside support behind Maybin. But the ease at which the RT pushed Maybin out of the play was consistent with the past.

There was also one play where Eagles had the ball inside the 10, Maybin rushed straight up, RT easily pushed him waaaayy upfield creating a gaping lane for Kafka to pick up 8 yards on a bootleg.

Don't know if it was a designed play by Iggles, or Jets screwed up by not having any backside support behind Maybin. But the ease at which the RT pushed Maybin out of the play was consistent with the past.

Yep. Still looks terrible against real NFL players and decent against the guy who will be collecting my trash or washing my gym towel on September 8th.

When you have a 100lb advantage over your defender, you are most likely to have your way 9 out of 10 times.

I guarantee maybin does not make the team. And IF he does, he will not be any good. The only way the kid is going to be good is if gains weight to AT LEAST 240 and learns how to use his speed correctly. He needs to slow down and learn how to rush the passer correctly and diagnose plays. He just runs right by the play 65 percent of the time.

I guarantee maybin does not make the team. And IF he does, he will not be any good. The only way the kid is going to be good is if gains weight to AT LEAST 240 and learns how to use his speed correctly. He needs to slow down and learn how to rush the passer correctly and diagnose plays. He just runs right by the play 65 percent of the time.

I'm not sure you understand what a guarantee means.

Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

When you have a 100lb advantage over your defender, you are most likely to have your way 9 out of 10 times.

True. I didn't see the play but it seemed to me that Maybin always tries to run up field thinking he will turn the corner. The linemen at the NFL level simply stay with him and prevent him from turning that corner. The linemen aren't so much having their way with Maybin so much as letting him run up field all he wants.

True. I didn't see the play but it seemed to me that Maybin always tries to run up field thinking he will turn the corner. The linemen at the NFL level simply stay with him and prevent him from turning that corner. The linemen aren't so much having their way with Maybin so much as letting him run up field all he wants.

But I read that brilliant coaching helped him run high and wide around stiff, camp fodder lineman that couldn't move their feet ... guys from Coastal Carolina trying to make an NFL team for example.

I'm not sure you understand what a guarantee means.

Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it.