Bills vs. Lions Official Thread

Silvercrw

Starting defense looks solid. Will keep us in games so long as Merriman stays healthy. But that's a big "if". He made a couple important plays during the 1st quarter. Protection was good against a great Lions D-Line. Spiller had a good run. Those talking negatively about how he failed to pick up yards on the screen plays (Sal "how does he actually have a job" Maiorana being one) are idiots. Both plays were blown up before he even got the ball in his hands. The biggest problem for me, is that the passing game is going to be weak. Maybe Parrish will change things when he gets in the lineup, but mark my words, people will be missing the impact Lee Evans had on this offense.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And it takes forever to get it out of his hand. Not as bad as Leftwich, but there are some similarities.

Hard to believe the Bills gave him that kind of money.

Pathetic! I predicted a couple days ago on this board that Thigpen would get the pink slip & they would keep Brown. A couple of the guys responded saying no way. I stand by my prediction. If I was Gailey, I would have already made the decision & Brown would be in there now.

Pathetic! I predicted a couple days ago on this board that Thigpen would get the pink slip & they would keep Brown. A couple of the guys responded saying no way. I stand by my prediction. If I was Gailey, I would have already made the decision & Brown would be in there now.

Hard to believe that could happen but man is Thigpen bad tonight. Not that he's getting any time to throw.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Oh man...we have been SO open to QB runs up the middle all preseason.

Our line is one injury away from being worse than last years

I know they're just looking over the scrubs to see who to keep and who to cut, but Thigpen didn't even think about throwing the ball away.

I think I may actually go and put Thigpen in the surprise cut thread... Sure he isnt getting anytime and his receivers have been dropping a lot of balls but he is slow getting the ball out himself, seems to focus on single targets; seriously doubting his vision as well. Problem with judging him is that we know by what crap he is being protected.

I think I may actually go and put Thigpen in the surprise cut thread... Sure he isnt getting anytime and his receivers have been dropping a lot of balls but he is slow getting the ball out himself, seems to focus on single targets; seriously doubting his vision as well. Problem with judging him is that we know by what crap he is being protected.

A slower Rob Johnson without the arm. But I doubt Chan cuts him.

Yay...our schlubs score against their schlubs.

Edited by DrFishfinder

Two of his sacks were definitely his fault rather than the O line, he rarely put a ball where he should have for his receivers, and couldn't read a blitz if it was signaled to him on the score board. He has been bad all pre-season and was even worse tonight. Brown hasn't been appreciably better but has much more upside IMO

I agree, he has been soundly outplayed by Levi Brown...Thigpen has looked beyond awful, almost as bad as Trent Edwards looked once the real games started...

Two of his sacks were definitely his fault rather than the O line, he rarely put a ball where he should have for his receivers, and couldn't read a blitz if it was signaled to him on the score board. He has been bad all pre-season and was even worse tonight. Brown hasn't been appreciably better but has much more upside IMO

Thigpen is my surprise cut.....Brown outplayed him. Martin will be gone. I think Hall outplayed White at RB.

After tonight's game I would immediately cut Thigpen and Buster Davis.

I thought Sheppard on the other hand played a great first game.

Agreed. Sheppard looked very good for first game action. I also liked Morrison (for just joining the team) and Heard (really got consistent push on the O line; and I really hope they find room for Aiken - I think he has looked pretty strong all pre-season

Sheppard, Hairston (one 'mental' mistake), Johnny White, Bruce Hall, Antonio Coleman all played well, from the half-game I watched.

I agree. Hairston got beat a couple of other times too, but he's definitely the best backup option at tackle as Howard was a turnstile tonight. I think that Coleman did enough to beat out Eddins. Tasker said that he thought the Bills would keep 5 RBs, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was only 4 which would mean that either White or Hall get cut. Probably no chance that it's White, so if that's the case Hall is gone despite a decent game.

I would also throw in Brown as having played well. I know that it's with the 3rd stringers but the minute he came in the offense started to move after 3-1/2 quarters of stinking with Thigpen in there. As has been mentioned, Thigpen really should be cut based on his pre-season but Gailey has likely already made the decision to keep him based on practice (like he did with T Edwards).

I also have to say that I thought Kellen Heard looked pretty solid again. He really should make the team with everybody's favorite (Jasper) getting cut, IMO.

Sheppard, Hairston (one 'mental' mistake), Johnny White, Bruce Hall, Antonio Coleman all played well, from the half-game I watched.

Coleman played very well the whole game. Shep also looked good.

Gailey obviously has a history with Thigpen. There is zero chance he is getting cut. Levi played better than I have seen him and probably secured a spot on PS.

On the bright side, the back up OL was sooooooo bad, perhaps it's incentive for the front office to sign some veteran cuts.

All I really wanted to see was Merriman play well and he was a absolute stud again. Urbik to hold his own against Suh and he did fine. And Easley to play well and he didn't.

I'm very excited about this starting defense. With Merriman healthy they're good. He's at full speed, it's only a matter of if he holds up. I really don't see why he wouldn't. The achillees and the knee look fine. He can explode.