Clayton ranks Fitz 27th, warns Bills fans to get ready for Luck

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry but how is this team not at worst a 5 win team? They won 4 games last season. This year we have a much better defense due to the team having familiarity the scheme, the development of second year players, and the additions they made in the offseason. The offense is still a decent unit that will at least be the somewhat similar to what they had last season.

A lot of doom and gloom on the offense BUT the concerns about the offense this year are pretty much the same from the start of last season.

Think about it what were the concerns about the offense from last season?

1- This offensive line is a mess. Bell starting again and another castoff at RT?

2- Without TO we only have one receiver teams will double him all day and we won't do jack.

3- Trent Edwards as QB (I think with Fitz coming off the year he had we don't really have this concern).

4- And No Tight end.

What are the concerns going into this season.

1- This Offensive Line is a mess. Bell starting (After coming off of a much better campaign in 2010 then in 2009), and a castoff at RT.

2- Without Lee Evans we only have one real receiver teams will double him all day.

3- There isn't a tight end

Not saying these aren't valid concerns BUT how is an offense with similar concerns going to be worse? Especially considering the upgrades made to defense and improved familiarity with the coaching staff due to it being Gailey's second season. Last years offense had all those concerns and still found a way to put up some points in games.

"Analysis: Just when Fitzpatrick was building a nice passing offense with Lee Evans and Steve Johnson, the Bills trade Evans to Baltimore and now lack the outside threat to take coverage away from Johnson. Bills fans can start following the Stanford schedule of Andrew Luck, who might be the Bills' next quarterback"

So since we've traded away a guy who has averaged a measly 4.5 TDs a season the last four years, Fitzpatrick is screwed and we're now looking at being one of the worst teams and therefore in the running for Andrew Luck????...LOL Talk about a silly string of analysis.

The Bills will be a 9-7 team this year. Count on it. There's a definite confident feeling that I sense from this group. I'm thinking that this will be the foundation year that bridges them to the level of being serious contenders in 2012.

BTW, I predicted that winning record before this past preseason game.

Every sport has its ESPN "columnist" who, instead of exercising independent thought, just goes with the conventional and runs with it. John Clayton : NFL :: Barry Melrose : NHL.

Fitz is not in the bottom five. But he's somewhere around 20/32. And it's interesting to note that Clayton addresses non-offense aspects of other teams, e.g. Schaub ("He needs some help from his defensive friends") but not this one. Is Matt Schaub really better than Fitz? No.

But Clayton needed a fluff piece, and here it is. Let it go at that. If the guy were good at football, well, he'd be coaching or playing. Instead, like Melrose, he's writing crap and appearing in 1-minute pieces for ESPN.

i honestly wish i had a time machine so i can travel next year when luck is picked (maybe two years) so i dont !@#$ing have to hear about him anymore. I have never read on a website that calls themselves fans (not on this post but i mean since luck was created by supermans sperm) that wish that bills suck this year so we can draft him.

It seems there are many "experts" that say the Bills suck every year. People on this board say every year that the Bills still suck. Many in this group say they are clueless and only right in their predictions half the time. Then the team goes out and plays the games and proves all of them right.

But the same people keep drinking the kool aid and swallowing the hype every year, predicting great things. Those people are not right half the time. They are not right year after year.

To them I say, I envy your ability to get excited about the next season in spite of the team's record getting worse. Sooner or later, it's bound to happen. The Bills will win a few that they usually blow at the end of the game and get to 7 & 9. And there'll be a ticker tape parade on this board for the improving team. Jauron never did worse than 7 & 9 (even in his first year), but he was the worst coach in the world. So even though I was no fan of Jauron, I'm having difficulty understanding how some of us can be predicting a winning season and bashing anyone who doesn't agree.

It seems there are many "experts" that say the Bills suck every year. People on this board say every year that the Bills still suck. Many in this group say they are clueless and only right in their predictions half the time. Then the team goes out and plays the games and proves all of them right.

But the same people keep drinking the kool aid and swallowing the hype every year, predicting great things. Those people are not right half the time. They are not right year after year.

To them I say, I envy your ability to get excited about the next season in spite of the team's record getting worse. Sooner or later, it's bound to happen. The Bills will win a few that they usually blow at the end of the game and get to 7 & 9. And there'll be a ticker tape parade on this board for the improving team. Jauron never did worse than 7 & 9 (even in his first year), but he was the worst coach in the world. So even though I was no fan of Jauron, I'm having difficulty understanding how some of us can be predicting a winning season and bashing anyone who doesn't agree.

You had better stop. You won't be welcomed around here. We won't be in play for Luck and we're not winning more than 5 games either.

Name 1 decent QB and 1 decent WR that struggle because there isn't another decent WR?

Who is the "#2" with Andre Johnson?

Who is the "#2" with Calvin Johnson?

Who is the "#2" with Stevie Johnson?

Who cares?

The "no other WR" argument is just foolish.

Go ahead and single Easely, Nelson, or Jones we'd love that.

Fitzy has no conscience and no preference, if someone is open they will get the ball.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to Clayton. He notoriously boosts up the Pats and disregards historically inferior teams. Not saying Fitz is great, but he's better than 27th.

Typical Patriots-loving ESPN employee.

So Clayton is stupid for giving the Pats* credit for being good and for giving Buffalo **** for being terrible? Is he supposed to ignore reality like most people on this board do?

I know it was pre-season but he just beat Garrard. And Claytons got Freeman at 13...?? Fitz should be middle of the pack and he will prove that. You could make an argument for Fitz being ahead of a 6-8 of those others. There are more questions than answers here.

I dunno ifyou saw but Freeman was phenomenal last year. I put fitz 18-22 whenever I rank guys out - right with guys like orton