Clayton ranks Fitz 27th, warns Bills fans to get ready for Luck

link

27. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Buffalo Bills

Analysis: Just when Fitzpatrick was building a nice passing offense with Lee Evans and Steve Johnson, the Bills trade Evans to Baltimore and now lack the outside threat to take coverage away from Johnson. Bills fans can start following the Stanford schedule of Andrew Luck, who might be the Bills' next quarterback.

I was as critical of the Evans trade as anyone, but our only hope that the national media wouldn't have picked up on is the play of Easely. It's a big "if" but if he can pull it off, we could be out of the "Luck Bowl." If not hard to argue with Mr. Tales from the Crypt

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it was pre-season but he just beat Garrard. And Claytons got Freeman at 13...?? Fitz should be middle of the pack and he will prove that. You could make an argument for Fitz being ahead of a 6-8 of those others. There are more questions than answers here.

Hate on Clayton all you want, but truth is if Easely doesn't become one of the better WRs in the NFL this offense will suffer. From last year we have the same QB, similar line, same RBs ... only real difference is losing Evans and Easely coming off IR. If Easely isn't up to it, only thing keeping out of the Luck Bowl will be what looks like an improved defense. But they won't be good enough to completely offset a weak offense and turn us into winners.

Hate on Clayton all you want, but truth is if Easely doesn't become one of the better WRs in the NFL this offense will suffer. From last year we have the same QB, similar line, same RBs ... only real difference is losing Evans and Easely coming off IR. If Easely isn't up to it, only thing keeping out of the Luck Bowl will be what looks like an improved defense. But they won't be good enough to completely offset a weak offense and turn us into winners.

Continuity. Same offense. Mostly same players. Same system. They will improve certianly more than Stafford and the Lions.

Lets face it Evans just ran around out there even before Johnson and don't forget roscoe, jones, Nelson can go deep too.

link

27. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Buffalo Bills

Analysis: Just when Fitzpatrick was building a nice passing offense with Lee Evans and Steve Johnson, the Bills trade Evans to Baltimore and now lack the outside threat to take coverage away from Johnson. Bills fans can start following the Stanford schedule of Andrew Luck, who might be the Bills' next quarterback.

I was as critical of the Evans trade as anyone, but our only hope that the national media wouldn't have picked up on is the play of Easely. It's a big "if" but if he can pull it off, we could be out of the "Luck Bowl." If not hard to argue with Mr. Tales from the Crypt

I liked Evans and wish him the best but what passing offense they where building had little to do with Evans.

ESPN is the Wal-Mart of sports now.

Pay attention to the brands that make the most $ (Vick, pats, and Peyton etc) and whatever sells.

The Bills do NOT sell. Hence, you will get lazy writing like this from Clayton who probably can't see what the Bills are going because he and other NFL hacks have their head so far up the corporate ass of Roger Goddell that they don't know any better.

the new dictator of the NFL has made it CLEAR he has favorites, no matter how much spin he provides for the schills like Peter King etc to report as 'facts'.

Having said this, with Ralph's reputation around the league, and the 11 years of non-playoff appearances, can you really blame these hacks for feeling about Buffalo the way that they do?

Edited by Pegula Saves

ESPN is the Wal-Mart of sports now.

Pay attention to the brands that make the most $ (Vick, pats, and Peyton etc) and whatever sells.

The Bills do NOT sell. Hence, you will get lazy writing like this from Clayton who probably can't see what the Bills are going because he and other NFL hacks have their head so far up the corporate ass of Roger Goddell that they don't know any better.

the new dictator of the NFL has made it CLEAR he has favorites, no matter how much spin he provides for the schills like Peter King etc to report as 'facts'.

Having said this, with Ralph's reputation around the league, and the 11 years of non-playoff appearances, can you really blame these hacks for feeling about Buffalo the way that they do?

ESPN and NFL network both are biased to the front runners. I only hear about Philly, NE, Indy, Jets, Balt. They don't like small market teams. Green Bay won the Super Bowl last year, yet they still get little exposure. You would think Philly won the SB by all the talk they get. I would love nothing more than to see the Bills go 12-4 win the division and watch NFL network commentators try to explain themselves.

If Clayton said the Bills were going to the Super Bowl, I'd still have the same opinion of him -- pencil-necked geek who doesn't have a clue and only regurgitates what he has been told by his "insiders."