Jackson upset is not good

26TrapDraw

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumors (so take them for what they are worth in the wake of Pat Moran last week):

@SaviorEdwards Savior Edwards Source: Fred Jackson wants out of Buffalo and trade talks have begun with 2 unnamed teams. The good news keeps coming.

@SaviorEdwards Savior Edwards Source: Several veteran players have already 'tuned out' Chan Gailey and questioning some of the recent personel moves. Yikes.

Again, take them how you want, especially when it's someone posting on Twitter.

Is this the same source who told us about Meriman getting busted?

Edited by CSBill

:thumbsup: Completely agree...loved Travis Henry, on the field...love Jackson too, but Henry was just all heart when he played...and, like Freddie, never really appreciated by the Bills...but I think with Travis, the Bills knew of his off-the field stuff, long before we did, so they cut their losses, before it affected them...

Don't even know what to make of any of this any more...but why can't we ever feel just a little bit good about the Bills, going into the season?

I am not off the Gailey bandwagon, yet...but I do succinctly remember, when he coached the Cowboys, most of the vets hated him...Aikman in particular.

I weep for this team... :cry:

And then, I :beer:

T-Pegs please save this wayward ship...

Amen. :beer:

Ok, Gailey needs to be careful with this situation. Fred Jackson without a doubt should be the number 1 running back on this team. The guy does everything well, runs hard between the tackles catches out of the backfield stays in and throws great blocks in the backfield etc. I read tonight that he doesn't know where he stands on this team. Really? Gailey needs to understand that Spiller is not a pound between the tackles kind of running back. If used correctly they can pack a great one two punch. Gailey needs to do some damage control. Fred Jackson is one of the most consisent if not best offensive player we have. Just Sayin

I can understand Spiller getting more reps in preseason. Spiller needs to work on ALL aspects of his game such waiting for his blockers, pass route running, and blitz pickup.

Jackson can get less reps and still could have started against Denver. Jackson should be number 1 until Spiller beats him out. Chan should know this?

I read most of this dialogue.

I may perceive this incorrectly, but Fred has been a Buffalo Bill through the recent garbage of play and coaching. and exceeded expectations. solid play, consistent play and can do all the facets of his position at a reasonable level of decency or imho much better. Yep i'm biased on this one.

But as for the facts, he is so much better than Spiller right now that there should not have even been a statement made by Chan that they are comparable. Spiller should get most of off season/pre-season snaps because he is behind and FJ can mostly just step on the field as far as play book knowledge and exp Pro. But Chan should have just backed up and said Fred is # 1 and we hope CJ can catch up to him. There is always more to the story, but this whole thing is getting wierd. By that i mean the last 3 weeks.

wheres my alka seltzers?

well just a bad call all around, it's one thing to motivate the kids but Fred always came to work with a full lunch box from what i saw. and i did watch. poor fittzgibbons, is he next? nobody wants to get killed! no o line no one to pick up the missed blocks and read the incoming blitz> well played boys. woa i am getting soured already.

As stated, Freddy is pissed, not a problem.

He said everyone knows he's a huge team player and all his teammates know it, too. And he appreciates the Bills fans and their support.

https://twitter.com/...!/Fred22Jackson

I hate twitter. Worst. Invention. Ever.

No worries, didn't you read in some other threads that Spiller played pretty good Saturday?

yes sir i did watch the game.

i just found a quote on buf rumble. i dont know if its legal so i aplogise and will accept my licks.

"Gailey had better be ready to back that talk up, because Jackson told the News that he'd explore requesting a trade if he had to. If you ask us, it's time that the Bills finally showed a little loyalty to one of its best and most marketable players." that is the quote.

I would like to agree if i may.

Fred started last week and will likely start the season as the #1 back. Chan said as much in his post practice press conf, he feels both are #1 backs but Fred is ahead of CJ right now. They gave CJ the start in a worthless preseason game to get him some time with the first team offense. Perhaps Fred shouldn't be so sensitive.

+1

Ok, Gailey needs to be careful with this situation. Fred Jackson without a doubt should be the number 1 running back on this team. The guy does everything well, runs hard between the tackles catches out of the backfield stays in and throws great blocks in the backfield etc. I read tonight that he doesn't know where he stands on this team. Really? Gailey needs to understand that Spiller is not a pound between the tackles kind of running back. If used correctly they can pack a great one two punch. Gailey needs to do some damage control. Fred Jackson is one of the most consisent if not best offensive player we have. Just Sayin

I agree with that statement, but I can see this happen. The Bills are out of the playoff picture early, a team contending needs a running back, the Bills trade Jackson to that team for draft picks next year. I could live with that too. I love Freddie and think he is a great back, but if you think about it that is what Bill Belicheck would do.

Or you can try to win now and build for the future. It's what all other teams do. We should try it.

great post Rob. I am tired of the Bills losing then having to rebuild all the time. If the coach can't field a winning team, then we need to find one who can. Enough of this 3-4 year plans. I doubt we will be challenging for the playoffs in two years as it is.

Now a new report that the coaches talked to Freddie and assure him he was the #1 running back.....when does the season start already?

Why wouldn't Gailey sit down with Freddy, not the Rb coach?

great post Rob. I am tired of the Bills losing then having to rebuild all the time. If the coach can't field a winning team, then we need to find one who can. Enough of this 3-4 year plans. I doubt we will be challenging for the playoffs in two years as it is.

Why wouldn't Gailey sit down with Freddy, not the Rb coach?

The coaching isn't and hasn't been the problem. Which is why changing coaches hasn't led to winning.

The coaching isn't and hasn't been the problem. Which is why changing coaches hasn't led to winning.

Says who Adam? Do you think we have a top notch head coach and GM in Buffalo? How many coaches turned down this job? We did not get our first, second or third choice for a head coach. So maybe it might, i said might, be the problem. I am willing to give Gailey this season to at least show we are on the right track.

Says who Adam? Do you think we have a top notch head coach and GM in Buffalo? How many coaches turned down this job? We did not get our first, second or third choice for a head coach. So maybe it might, i said might, be the problem. I am willing to give Gailey this season to at least show we are on the right track.

Says me, westside. Did Levy suddenly forget how to coach when our offensive line became terrible? Our offensive and defensive lines have been awful for over a decade. No coach can scheme around that.

Bad teams don't win. Nix has made more commitment to the lines than anyone since Polian. In a year or two, Gailey will have is in contention for playoffs.