Gannon predicts Bills will finish last in AFC East

xsoldier54

I was listening this afternoon to "Moving the Chains" on SiriusXM Radio and a caller asked about the Bills. Gannon predicted they would be better than 4-12, but would still finish last in the division. I am not one of the conspiracy theorists that believes the media hates the Bills. I do believe however that there is no way the Bills will finish behind Miami this year. Miami will be a very bad football team and I think the Bills will be better than last year. So no conspiracies, I just happen to disagree with Gannon. I don't really think the Jets are that good either and there is a possibility we could edge them out for the number two spot. I still believe New England will win the division.

Edited by xsoldier54

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was listening this afternoon to "Moving the Chains" on SiriusXM Radio and a caller asked about the Bills. Gannon predicted they would be better than 4-12, but would still finish last in the division. I am not one of the conspiracy theorists that believes the media hates the Bills. I do believe however that there is no way the Bills will finish behind Miami this year. Miami will be a very bad football team and I think the Bills will be better than last year. So no conspiracies, I just happen to disagree with Gannon. I don't really think the Jets are that good either and there is a possibility we could edge them out for the number two spot. I still believe New England will win the division.

how can any bills fan actually sit here in say we KNOW we're better than anyone? it just sounds ridiculous. we're a bottom 3 team in all of pro sports for the past 10 years, yet we get offended if someone says we'll be last in the division?

Some former player that hasnt watched a single piece of film or looked at our signings?

Sounds about right

I have not looked at any film either and I think I can safely predict that NE, NYJ and Miami will finish above us. :rolleyes:

Gannon's probably my favorire play by play guy. He always says knowledgeable things, not just stupid talking points.

It's not a shock that he would see the roster we have and think last place. Some things have to come together for us to be good this year (question marks at: oline, LB, #2WR, ST, etc.).

how can any bills fan actually sit here in say we KNOW we're better than anyone? it just sounds ridiculous. we're a bottom 3 team in all of pro sports for the past 10 years, yet we get offended if someone says we'll be last in the division?

if we were bottom thre for 10 years we wouldnt have been picking in the mid range.

I'm not offended. Just passing on the news of what I heard and I happen to disagree. Nobody KNOWS for sure where any team will finish until they play the games. It is just my opinion based on watching both teams last year and what happened this offseason. You are welcome to disagree and I respect your opinion. I just don't believe Miami is a better team going into this season.

:thumbsup:

I am looking forward to the season, I always do...and I will be happy as all hell if the Bills finish at .500 or better, but I certainly am not expecting it...why would anyone?

During this most recent dark period for the Bills (2000-present), I had a "feeling" the Bills would be better, record wise, than the Dolphins and/or the Jets every year...and more often than not I was wrong.

I love the addition of Dareus, Barnett and Merriman (if he stays healthy and is not suspended for anything), but there are so many question marks surrounding this team, only a homer in the truest sense of the word, could be certain that the team will be a lot better than last year.

Edited by Buftex

:thumbsup:

I am looking forward to the season, I always do...and I will be happy as all hell if the Bills finish at .500 or better, but I certainly am not expecting it...why would anyone?

During this most recent dark period for the Bills (2000-present), I had a "feeling" the Bills would be better, record wise, than the Dolphins and/or the Jets every year...and more often than not I was wrong.

I love the addition of Dareus, Barnett and Merriman (if he stays healthy and is not suspended for anything), but there are so many question marks surrounding this team, only a homer in the truest sense of the word, could be certain that the team will be a lot better than last year.

10-6... my cousin told me

Henne alone makes us better

No, I wish that were the case, but no.

Miami's defense is also pretty damn good. I thought I heard that they were a top 10 D last year.

I love the Bills, but i agree that until proven otherwise our draft position was spot on...we are bottom 3 team in the league right now.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I don't know about the Jet's now don't forget they have Maybin now and he wants revenge !! :angry:

I think we finish 9-7 and 2nd place behind the Pats. The Jets have that "team on the verge of implosion" look to me, and by "implosion" I mean an 8-8 record which to them would mean an implosion. Picking up Maybin tells me that they're beyond desperate in finding a pass rush.

There are only a handful of former NFLers who's opinions are worth more than the average fan's and Gannon isn't one of them.

we finished in last place last year and really didn't do much to get better (especially on Offense).

What makes all of you so confident that we will be any better this year?

You can bash the guy all you want but 1.) it's just his opinion and 2.) There is a ton of evidence to back up his opinion (Search Google for "Buffalo Bills 2000-2011" and you will find a ton of it.