Gannon predicts Bills will finish last in AFC East

xsoldier54

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how can he possibly pick us to finish LAST in the AFC East? oh wait a minute...we finished last year with a 4-12 record and nothing major has happened since. Kind of a no-brainer to pick us last especially considering that the New England Patriots and the Jets pretty much have a pre-season lock on 1 and 2.

Maybe we will finish ahead of the Dolphins, but that isn't exactly the kind of reach for the stars objective that is going to get fans all that happy. Ed.

how can he possibly pick us to finish LAST in the AFC East? oh wait a minute...we finished last year with a 4-12 record and nothing major has happened since. Kind of a no-brainer to pick us last especially considering that the New England Patriots and the Jets pretty much have a pre-season lock on 1 and 2.

Maybe we will finish ahead of the Dolphins, but that isn't exactly the kind of reach for the stars objective that is going to get fans all that happy. Ed.

He has every right to pick us last. I just happen to disagree. I don't believe we are the worst team in this division. I don't believe we are the best either. I am not stating that I am absolutely sure, just what I believe based on watching both teams play last year and what I feel will be an improved Bills team this year. I could be dead wrong, who knows? I just might be right though.

Last year, the Bills were 4-12. They got beat soundly seven times (some with T. Edwards at QB). They lost two close games (Miami and Chicago) by a total of eight points. And they lost three games in OT to the Ravens, Chiefs and Steelers. (Two of those teams are pretty damn good.) If the ball bounced a bit differently, the Bills could have easily been 7-9 again with some wins against quality teams. But this is not last year. The Bills are a better team this year. I expect the Bills' defense to be much improved. I never was sold on Poz; Barnett is a better fit. Dareus is a beast in there. Merriman is a huge upgrade, and if he does get injured, I think Moats is gonna be very good, too. Moats might even overtake Kelsay for one of the OLB spots. Could you imagine Dareus-Williams-Edwards and Moats-Barnett-Davis-Merriman? They will be much better against both the run and the pass. On offense, Fitz is the man. He ranked out 16th out of the 32 QB's last year. That isn't top ten, but it is at least solid, and I expect him to be better, too. CJ will, no doubt, improve. And who knows how good the WR's will turn out to be. They looked pretty good toward the end of last year. Smith is a wildcat wildcard, and that leaves the OL. Although still a weak spot, I expect it will be at least as good as last year. Overall, I hope for at least 8-8. Maybe they will really make us proud and go 10-6 or 11-5. I can dream. Usually a team surprises everyone. It could be the Bills. Who cares what Gannon says?

Finishing last in the AFCE is not exactly prophetic. When was the last time the Bills didn't finish last?

Jets are going to be really good, as are the Pats.

Miami? Not so much.

:blink:

Finishing last in the AFCE is not exactly prophetic. When was the last time the Bills didn't finish last?

Jets are going to be really good, as are the Pats.

Miami? Not so much.

:blink:

2007 2nd to NE

I bet you were among the several dozen here who posted those exact same words last year at this time. I'll believe it when I see it.

I was one who said the Pats were done & you could stick a fork in them, so my credibility is questionable at best, but I could see the Jets taking a step back this year.

I'll take that bet.

Until you start winning some games against top 10 teams, the media will simply continue to shut the Bills out of the NFL conversation. Bills have to earn their way out of oblivion this time. No more predictions of success any more. Even Shein and Boomer are simply quiet on the Bills now. It is as if there is no franchise there. It is "show me" time.

I am hoping for a 4-5 win repeat of last season, then we trade our No. 1 picks this year and next year, plus our 3 and 4 this year and get Luck. That is what I want. The way the rules are written in the NFL, you need a really strong QB to take advantage of the rules. Plus , this way, we have a 1st, 2nd and a 4th (from Ravens) next year, gets us a QB and an OL, at least.

I don't understand why people are upset about this. He isn't the only one who has said this and its not hard to believe that we will finish last. It really doesn't matter because we aren't making the playoffs anyway. Who cares if we finish 3rd. In 2007 I believe it was we were 2nd in the division with an amazing record of 7-9. So where we finish in the division shouldn't even matter.