Levitre demoted / Levitre promoted

Justice

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see this as Chan's wake up call to everyone that he expects more from everyone. He stressed this several times this week in how disappointed he was with the interior guys. Now is the time to shake things up. I do believe Levitre will back with the starters soon.

You're probably right but the reality is that our OL is average at best. The only one worth keeping is Wood, and he is the best of an average bunch.

Levetre is very versitile being able to play more than one position but he is small and gets pushed more than often at the point of attack (like most Levy drafted players). He is average in pass blocking and so-so in the run game.

The OL is the next area of a talent upgrade. Does Buddy and Chan take a shot at upgrading now or will they wait until next year. Lets hope they move now but I would be shocked if they did.

Edited by VADC Bills

You're probably right but the reality is that our OL is average at best. The only one worth keeping is Wood, and he is the best of an average bunch.

Levetre is very versitile being able to play more than one position but he is small and gets pushed more than often at the point of attack (like most Levy drafted players). He is average in pass blocking and so-so in the run game.

The OL is the next area of a talent upgrade. Does Buddy and Chan take a shot at upgrading now or will they wait until next year. Lets hope they move now but I would be shocked if they did.

For where this line is, there is no answer in FA. Even if we signed 5 new guys.

Our 2011 OLine will be the new 2010 DLine. It will cost us games. It will be our biggest weakness. BUT it will be addressed thoroughly in the next draft and then possibly via FA.

It's part of the pain/process of building through the draft. Buddy addressed the D. I trust him to address the O next year. Until then, we just take our lumps.

Where is it chiseled in stone that the starting lineup is set?

It's one practice folks.

Maybe they're trying to see if another combination works a bit better in certain situations - or they're giving Urbik every chance to show what he can do before they pop his azz into the unemployment line.

OMG! It rained yesterday. Don't they know they should be practicing in the snow - not the rain? WTF is wrong with this FO?

bingo... its the 1st preseason game. Give it some EFFING TIME kids! So what. Levitre got demoted for a practice. SJ wasn't always the starter opposite Lee in TC last year, was he?? Sometimes you need to light a fire... Keeping WOOD at center and Bell at LT is what we build around.,

I thought Gailey's answer in the interview was a classic non-response. He said nothing is set, we will evaluate everything. Little can be gleaned from this statement. I would accept it at face value.

100%

Coaching staff is looking at our OL (and the rest for that matter) and evaluating who can play. At the end of the day the best 5 they believe will do the job will be the starting 5. I have little doubt Levitre will be in our starting 5.

WAAAAAAY to much is being read into this and other similar moves.

100%

Coaching staff is looking at our OL (and the rest for that matter) and evaluating who can play. At the end of the day the best 5 they believe will do the job will be the starting 5. I have little doubt Levitre will be in our starting 5.

WAAAAAAY to much is being read into this and other similar moves.

Shut up, you. This is my stage.

Hoping maybe if rhinehart plays well at lg

Maybe Levitre will make the move to RG. It's possible rhinehart is more comfortable at LG and can blossom there. If this is the case, hopefully Levitre doesn't lose a step at RG

Or maybe this isn't the case at all...

At this stage in the season it's silly to assume that this means flat-out, "Levitre is demoted." I think it's just a matter of shifting things around to see who works best together, so that we don't have a repeat of the Chicago game. While it seemed to be mostly Urbik, there were other missed blocks further down-field and I bet the line is being addressed as a whole. No big deal. They aren't going to just roll the dice on the O-Line- Gaily doesn't want Fitz to get killed.

Maybe the second string OTs were so bad that Levitre is being considered as the "swing" tackle in case Bell or Pears get injured. If our first reserve guard is better than our first reserve OT, as seems likely, then we need to evaluate how that backup guard would perform if pressed into starting duty.

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

Earth to Bills fans.

Good coaches teach players to be versatile and how to play a variety of positions.

For example. El Diablo himself trains every linebacker in how to play each LB position for him in his schemes.

You ever wonder why the NewenGland Patsies* have wave after wave of talent that's seemingly interchangeable at certain positions?

That's because they're trained and drilled that way. It's planned that way. It's a system. What's more, it's a system that works.

i was asking myself why when i read that Urbik is in the same position and levitre demoted under Reinhart. I hope this is just to see what chad can do and maybe swap him out with Urbik, and light fire under levitre. not to sure what to think abou this move. what id really like is brian waters, or some proven veteren starter brought in to put over one of these guys