The official Get 'R Done Thread (OL)

Billsnutt

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmmmm

How long does it take to effectively recover from a left quad tear?

If a player with 2009 Pro Bowl skills is on your team in 2011, after an injury in 2010, how long do you keep them if they are effectively competing to return to their position? If they are effective at a key position such as offensive line do you keep your former pro-bowl player as a back-up? Do you only release them if their physical abilities have been so diminished by their injury that they can no longer play at an NFL level?

If he has recovered from his injury, he is definitely worth a look even though I don't think we are hurting at RT as much as others think we are. The weak spot in the OL right now is the RG unless Urbik can show us that Chicago was an exception not the rule. But, we could use quality back-ups so Stinchcomb would be worth having even if he no longer has what it takes to start.

How long does it take to effectively recover from a left quad tear?

If a player with 2009 Pro Bowl skills is on your team in 2011, after an injury in 2010, how long do you keep them if they are effectively competing to return to their position? If they are effective at a key position such as offensive line do you keep your former pro-bowl player as a back-up? Do you only release them if their physical abilities have been so diminished by their injury that they can no longer play at an NFL level?

If he has recovered from his injury, he is definitely worth a look even though I don't think we are hurting at RT as much as others think we are. The weak spot in the OL right now is the RG unless Urbik can show us that Chicago was an exception not the rule. But, we could use quality back-ups so Stinchcomb would be worth having even if he no longer has what it takes to start.

Buddy must disagree with you since he made a solid effort to sign Clabo.

You bring him in and let the trainers work him over. Then get on the horn with his agent. Simple as that.

And yes this could be the break. We shall see.

Buddy must disagree with you since he made a solid effort to sign Clabo.

You bring him in and let the trainers work him over. Then get on the horn with his agent. Simple as that.

And yes this could be the break. We shall see.

There should be no excuse as to why we don't at least kick the tires on Stinchcomb, unless of course he can't pass a physical. We have the need and the cap space. He is still relatively young. The Saints have a few contracts to complete to keep their O-line intact and looked at Stinchcomb as the most expendable due to his injury/age/money.

i dont mind gambling on injuries, but i dont want us taking multiple gambles on injured players. merriman could work out and it looks promising, but to build up a team with too many injury prone players is asking to get burned..... i guess we would really need to do our homework on him

I hear on building with injuried players, but this franchise needs a reality check and so do we as fans. Maybe this is exactly how they restore some order. Think about it, the Bills just lost out to Atlanta for their starting RT, because Atlanta is a winner right now. If the Bills want to start winning in some of these free agent battles they need to also show they can win on the field. The Bills have plenty of youth, sprinkle in some savy vets, you got the making of a winner.

Everything I have read about this guy has been positive with exception of his off season surgery. Brees seems to be taking it kinda hard.

Linky

After reading that article, he seems like the kind of player that Nix and Gailey are looking for. Maybe we will take a look at him. Contrary to popular belief, I imagine that Whaley and Nix and Gailey and other scouts talk about most every veteran that is released at a position of need.

Stinch, much like clabo, made the pb on a line that sent like 3 guys. He wasn't a probowl player, just an ok player on a really good team. Get some rushing yards and have a qb that's aware of the rush and you send guys in clusters. Clabo is better than stinch but....

He's never been the guy fans counted on here.